Thread: Is Labor day a good time to visit hedo?

Is Labor day a good time to visit hedo?

ive been to hedo once and my girlfriend has not we are a youger couple 29/26. we were trying to figure out times where we both can get off work and it seems our best option is Aug 31-Sept 7th.. i was wondering if it would be dead during this time since its kind of the off season and as of right now there are no groups there that week or anything. last time i traveled with a group near the end of August but this time it doesn't seem to be an option. haha ive been talking up what a wild time it was when i went there in 2006 i dont want to let her down!!

oh btw new to the forum hi everybody!
    Last edited by heyitsemjosh; 03-21-2012 at 02:55 AM.

Any time is a good time for a Hedo visit, too bad we will miss you by a week
    Hedo II CHERRY popped May 2010
    Hedo II Sept 2010,2011, 2012, 2013,2014, 2015,2016,2017,2018
    Hedo II May 2011, April 2012, 2013, 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018
    July 2-8,2017 won 5 free nights at the Repeaters Party
    NEXT TRIPS HOME!!!
    April 25-May 4, 2019 with Tom's Trips Zoo Krew www.tomstrips.com
    September 5 - 14, 2019 with Tom's Trips Zoo Krew IIwww.tomstrips.com
    Earthangel496 on SLS / Kasidie

From our experience over the years, it seems as if the Labor Day weekend/week are somewhat quiet. The Jamaican Waterslide Team arrives toward the end of that week and people who have been there tell us they are glad to see our folks show up. Since our meeting runs from the 8th to the 15th, why not see if you can make that week and join a really fun group of people. Usually both the rates and the airfare are down. Check us out at www.jwst.com.

yeah we saw your group but we couldnt figure out a way to make that work she has prior commitments that week of the 8th dealing with work, our other option would be mid june would that be better?

I agree that Hedo is a great place and any time is a good time for a Hedo visit

We have been there during the past two Labour Days.... and one thing to note is that it is slow there in terms of occupancy. Last year, I would suggest it was less than 20%
    It was also surprisingly hot. There was very little wind that made it seem more hot than would be expected.
    After these two trips there, our preference is for a different time of the year.... Just an opinion

okay thanks guys for all the great replies!!! we decided to shift a few things around and book for july instead we are going the 11-18th we arent with a group because my tavel agent was able to get me better rates

Rare! Lucky you!
    I suggest you still find out which groups are going to be there! That way you can chat with a few people, see if they are doing a different theme, etc. depending on how big and friendly, you will likely become part of their group anyway. Doing it upfront makes sure you dont miss anything

We've done a few Labor Day trips over the years and there were always 3 consistent things we noticed compared to other times: 1) the weather is freakin' hot and humid!!; 2) occupancy is low....which isn't really bad for us as we like it sometimes when it is more quiet; and 3) we met the most unique people over Labor Day...we never figured that one out...but there were always a couple or two that were fascinating during that time frame....an older man and his very very young and tiny girlfriend from Costa Rica who spoke no English but banged everyone in sight....two lovely ladies one who had fully transitioned to womanhood and the other who was a gorgeous girly man! Great couples both!

Liz
    Liz & Chris

the Fluffs will be there during that time

yeah i saw that they were, are they a good group to have around?

We have friends who love going when the Fluffs do and others who avoid them. Depends on whether you like being there with a big group or not. They do tend to bring a lot of energy and I think Jon & Janet (the hosts) are a sweet couple...though we haven't crossed paths with them in years. If you are looking for higher occupancy, going when the Fluffs are there would give you that. Have fun....love the pic!

Liz
    Liz & Chris

Quote Originally Posted by heyitsemjosh View Post
    yeah i saw that they were, are they a good group to have around?
    This will be our first time with them. After reading comments and talking to ppl that goes with the group We jumped in. Looking forward to meeting you both we arrive on the 15th.