Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caliente, our new home?!?

Caliente, our new home?!?

Dear naughty friends,
    For those who knows (or met us), you know that we were devastated when H3 closed down... We moved to H2, but it was not the same.

Here's my Trip Advisor review:

Since our favorite resort was overbooked and after hearing good, bad and mix reviews, we decided to book last minute and try it out. We went there with an open mind but it turned out not to be necessary! Our dates were overlaping a takeover group, so we had a taste of both.
    We flew to and from POP, which is a good 1 1/2 drive to the resort. Next time, we'll try to go thru Samana, which is only 40 mins drive.
    The taxis are nothing like we are used to, they're new, clean and comfy. Our driver Kelvin knew we were anxious to get there and beside pointing out a few landmarks, he didn't linger around!
    Check-in took a whole 5 min and we took the quick tour.
    Our 1 bed villa was great, the bed was a bit hard, but they would have change it if we would have ask. There's wif-fi almost everywhere on the resort, spotty at time but nothing that stopped us from keeping in touch with the office.
    The grounds are so well maintained (walked bare feet everywhere), the pools are all clean, both hot tubs are clean and were at the right temp.
    We never fought for a chair or beach towels. The cabanas are just wonderful! they change the sheets every morning. It would be fun to have a few of thaose up the hill, closer to the disco..
    Club Collette is as described, high-end-posh setting, was a blast!
    The staff is wonderful, they really do their best to cater to every guest. Miss Patricia is running a thight ship.
    The food.. We never ate so much on vacation! There's 2 restaurants on the resort. One for the breakfast and dinner, the Tikki bar for lunch and late snacks. We loved that it is not a buffet style resort.The portions were not huge, but if you want more just ask and they will promptly bring you more. All our meals were delicious.
    As for the crowd. The ''regulars'' at the resort are mostly in their late 50's -60's.
    We were part into a takeover week, so as the group was arriving, things started to happend. It was fun to feel the younger energy. We met a lot of wonderful couples!
    No need to join a group, if you travel there with a few friends, you'll have the time of your life.
    Overall, we're ready to go back (with friends) in a heartbeat!

Now, for the lifestyle ppl. Yes we participated in PDAs all day long, before the takeover and oblivioulsy during. The crowd that came with the Sexy Bare Bottoms was younger (30-40-50 max) professional and educated. It reminded us alot of the good weeks at H3. The entertaiment team is non existant, so don't rely on them to get anything going. With extensive training from both Hedo we did that ourselves!! Don't be shy to book with a few ''good'' (wink wink) friends, as it takes only 1 couple to get the party starting!
    Club Collette is 100% swingers oriented. beside the great layout, the 2 voyeur room, orgie room, and private spots, it's definetely THE place to end the day on a good note!
    With time and the right ppl booking there, this place will be quite something!

Cheers!

Y & V
    Have we met??
    Y & V

H3
    March 09
    Nov 09
    March 10
    H2 a start to a new era
    Nov 2010
    March 2011
    Caliente Caribe March 2012
    Freedom of the Seas Nov 2012
    Caliente Caribe March 2013
    Hedo 2 April -May 2013
    DESIRE RM - Nov 16-23rd 2013
    H2 March 2014
    Temptation Nov 2014
    H2 March 2015
    H2 Dec 2015
    H2 April 2016
    Bliss Cruise Nov 2016
    H2 May 2017
    H2 Nov 2017
    H2 Nov 2019

Great to know! I've been eyeing up Caliente Caribe since last summer...
    But somewhere along the line I saw it was "couples only." Not seeing that now: wondering if they changed it??

How was the beach? I do enjoy a few hours at the beach....
    Was there any diving?

We were there about 8 weeks ago and yes Hedo makes this place look like a 5 star resort. We don't see ourselves ever going back to Hedo.

Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl22 View Post
    But somewhere along the line I saw it was "couples only." Not seeing that now: wondering if they changed it??

Was there any diving?
    I don't know if the resort changed its policy, but during the takeover there were a few single gals.
    We really enjoy the beach, and the best part is you can park yourself close to the bar where there's more action or isolate yourself at the other end (2nd beach).
    As for diving, 4 of our friends went. it's off resort and they said it was nice, they felt very safe, but the dives itself weren't anything special.
    Hope it helps!
    V.
    Have we met??
    Y & V

H3
    March 09
    Nov 09
    March 10
    H2 a start to a new era
    Nov 2010
    March 2011
    Caliente Caribe March 2012
    Freedom of the Seas Nov 2012
    Caliente Caribe March 2013
    Hedo 2 April -May 2013
    DESIRE RM - Nov 16-23rd 2013
    H2 March 2014
    Temptation Nov 2014
    H2 March 2015
    H2 Dec 2015
    H2 April 2016
    Bliss Cruise Nov 2016
    H2 May 2017
    H2 Nov 2017
    H2 Nov 2019

Thanks

Looks really nice. Definitely more expensive -- but sounds like you get what you pay for!
    Bummer about the diving, though... Definitely like to get some nice dives in when in the carribbean!

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl22 View Post

Was there any diving?
    I noticed from the Caribe website that when "Rosie's" group goes that singles are also welcome.
    Hope this helps.
    Naughty Nudists

Thanks

I have been traveling so much over the last few years, and suddenly I am just "stuck" on what to do next! Crazy!

Bumping an old thread to say that this place also looks really awesome! I like how they have the group calendar on the website like that. Like I said in another thread, so many places to try.. can't wait to visit some of them. :-)

We went in Feb. with Topless Travel an SLS group and had a great time. The resort is beautiful,the food,rooms and service were great. Loved all the beds along the beach and the pig roast and beach party on Friday nights. Missed Delroy"s and the jerked chicken but we will definitelybe going back. We didn't find the cost with group rates that much different then Hedo.

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    What about the amount and intensity of tobacco smoke?I read recently they smoke there and the butts are also
    all over the place.The term "open ashtray" has been applied to Caliente Caribe.Was thinking about going there
    eventually but she and I are both very sensitive to tobacco smoke.It could be a deal breaker.Also,how did you
    like the beach?Thanks.
    Naughty Nudists

After numerous trips to Hedo 2, we are going to give Caliente a shot in February. Momma and I are pretty excited about it. We have been to DR before at an all-inclusive some years ago w/family, had a good time but looking forward to hanging out with the grownups!

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Nudists View Post
    What about the amount and intensity of tobacco smoke?I read recently they smoke there and the butts are also
    all over the place.The term "open ashtray" has been applied to Caliente Caribe.Was thinking about going there
    eventually but she and I are both very sensitive to tobacco smoke.It could be a deal breaker.Also,how did you
    like the beach?Thanks.
    Naughty Nudists
    That is the big downside of Caliente Caribe if you don't like smoke then I would stay away.
    Kama Sutra Week - Jan 26th - Feb 2nd, 2013
    www.hedokamasutra.com

What airport do you fly into to get here? Flights are always the killer for those of us that live in the Great White North
    H2 - 12, 14, 24?
    Pearl - 13, 17, 18, 22, 24?
    20 & 21 - Stupid f**king Covid...

Worse than Hedo?! I mean, it gets pretty bad at the bar and in the pool....

Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    That is the big downside of Caliente Caribe if you don't like smoke then I would stay away.

Looking to go around Jan 28th. Anyone else going then with Rosie's group? Been 3 times before!

R & G

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast