Thread: Trip #13, February 18-26th

Cool Trip #13, February 18-26th

SINGLE GAL’S TRIP #13
    February 18-26, 2012

General Report
    First thought – having to skip a trip during a crazy reality year does make a difference. By the time this trip time arrived I was beyond ready to escape to the zoo.

Since my last visit, the room assignments are now being made at the airport reservation desk, which makes checking into the resort very fast once you get through immigration. The ‘unlucky’ aspect of this trip was that for the 1st time I had A/C issues, the fan would not keep working for the first 3 days until they were able to fix it (various other options for sleeping were offered by others…). Beyond that issue, the room, grounds, etc. were pretty much the same as all my other trips. No major improvements other than several new fans in the dining room.

I met several very respectful single guys, who once again disproved the stereotype, among the many other happy people. There were also many newbies this trip and a few of the older generation (80-90 yrs old) mixed into the crazy, cool and (what I call) bed notcher peeps. The mixture always makes it fun and interesting to be around and the majority of peeps are great.

One nice option friends and I did this trip was to hang out on the prude side in the morning where the beach is better. Then in the afternoon we would meander over to the wild side.

In addition to the ECs that I remembered, there were several new ones that had been hired since or were hired while I was there. Names that I remember are: David, Henesa, Suzan, Bradley, Winston, Deen and Fifty (there were at least 2 others). New ECs definitely bring new energy.

Bartenders included: Serena, Tista, Eldon, Maxton, Matta, Janoy (aka Dimples), Sheldon, Paulette, Grace, Michelle, Stephanie and Anna (there were others).

This was one of the last week’s Deon (piano player) was at the resort. He is going to China/Singapore to pursue further education and opportunities.

Highlights/Interesting Moments
    • Dancing in the disco for hours with friends and/or causing crazy side shows in the piano bar.
    • Once again having the ECs in the pool creating party vibes instead of trying to get peeps attention from the edge of it.
    • Sharing cheesy fries with a friend and paying more attention to the fries than the action happening 2 peeps down from us (can tell we aren’t ‘virgins’).
    • Helping a friend create an outfit with tulle, packing tape, ribbon and glow sticks.
    • The continuation of the ‘Fart Stories’ lunch time gathering that once again left us all in happy tears.
    • Floating in the ocean with arms on the edges of other peeps blue floats and legs up - creating a pseudo lounge chair.
    • Seeing a moray eel and other ocean life, just by looking down in the water (no snorkeling needed).
    • Meeting 3 gals who later were airbrushed with body-paint that was amazingly real.
    • Helping someone pull a prank that involved a certain toy, ketchup and laughter that had us bent over in a different way.
    • Having a ‘What the Hell’ last night moment that left a handprint on my backside (not to be repeated). Lesson learned – don’t judge the power of a happy smack by the size of the person giving it…
    • Realizing how much I am part of a pseudo family each time I go by their happy reaction to my being there and their very real and sad reaction to hear I am leaving ‘so soon’. Then having a new person say how they hope that people will be that sad to see them leave after coming back a few times.
    • Tank top at the airport saying “When I die, if heaven doesn’t want me…take me to Jamaica”

I know I am forgetting somethings, but my brain and body are only 1/2 back...
    Learn something new and play everyday!

Lovin' Life at H2!
    Join Us February 23-March 2, 2019!

Lovin' Life Info
    (Castaways Travel Agency Group)

Wow, sounds like a great trip! We leave in the morning for some of the same Fun and Frolic!!!! Was it at full capacity? We are nervous about getting bumped

Blog Entries
    Awesome trip report, Kyttles! 30 days away, but, for a moment, I felt like I was already there! Thanks=)
    Don't live to work...work to live...live for vacations at Hedo :cool9
    Next trip....9/20/15 - 9/27/15
    4th Trip...7/28/13 - 8/4/12 for Elle's 40th BD
    3rd trip... 3/30/12 - 4/7/12
    2nd trip... 4/2/11 - 4/9/11
    1st trip....9/18/10 - 9/26/10

There may be a chance - the fluffernutter group is in house this week and that usually means the place is full, but you never know... If you do get bumped, you do get full access to hedo and many people have said they get free nights out of it - so not necessarily a bad deal.
    Learn something new and play everyday!

Lovin' Life at H2!
    Join Us February 23-March 2, 2019!

Lovin' Life Info
    (Castaways Travel Agency Group)

Very true! Free nights is a good thing! Thanks for the info