Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our first Hedo experience Feb 16-22nd

Our first Hedo experience Feb 16-22nd

Reading the posts on this site has been great, but I don't think anything can prepare you for Hedo!!

Red stripes in hand, we stepped on to the superclubs bus where we connected with another couple (from this site) who recognized us right away from our picture. Both couples were newbies, so it was great to be there with others who had the same feeling of excitment and nervousness.

Check in! Nice and easy! We got an unexpected upgrade to the nude side! This was a scary and unwanted upgrade for us as newbies! Quickly we noticed it didn't matter what side you are on, because there were nude people on both sides. (We noticed nudes at the prude beach and pool every day). There was no escaping it....we would be taking off our clothes eventually! Yikes! lol!

My husband quickly adapted and dropped his shorts right away! Me on the other hand, it was more of a process. I took off my top and a few hours later, went for a swim and came back with no bottoms! I did it!

I must say I agree with other comments about the rooms. They need some upgrading, although they were comfortable and clean. We mostly missed having a balcony. We did have some fun with the mirror on the ceiling though.

Anyone who is considering buying a day or night pass should definately experience Hedo at night! I have never stayed at a resort where I loved the entertainment so much!! The shows every night were fantastic! (not to mention I now have a HUGE crush on Fifty! lol!). After the shows we would head over to the piano bar, which was unlike anything I have ever experienced before! Wow! Then off to the hot tub...

I loved the sexual energy at the hot tub, but made a mistake my first night there. We were looking for people we knew and I said "hey, are any of my friends here?" (in the dark)....the whole hot tub, yelled "yes!" and waived me over! ooops!

Overall I would say that our first trip to Hedo was very positive! I liked that this experience brought me out of my comfort zone a little bit (public nudity is not something I would ever have done in the past). Also, I have never met so many friendly people at a resort, and we travel a lot. We never felt forced or uneasy about anything! It was all good fun!

One last thing. I did step on a large urchin and they had to call in a doctor. The 8 needles that he had to inject into the bottom of my foot were very painful, and the pain from the treatment lasted days. Lesson learned. Nude beach - use a floatie. Now I have to submit an insurance claim: "Hedonism 2 - foriegn body removed"....too funny!

Great trip report and glad you had a great time!( except for the sea urchin, those things scare the sh*t out of me).The next time you go it will be old hat!

Awesome report. Your "mistake" at the hot tub makes for a great story. You guys think you'll be coming back?
    Hedo II April 19-25 2011 -- Our first visit was AWESOME
    Hedo II July 9-17 2012 -- Honeymoon visit was SEXY

I recall that "there are naked people everywhere!" moment!! lol
    But it turns out to be the best

Sorry about the sea urchin
    They are sneaky, and everywhere... Glad the days of pain and the doctors bill didn't ruin your trip!

Great report, thank you!
    The first trip to Hedo is always a life changing experience...for the better!
    Glad you were able to immerse yourselves so quickly. Sorry to hear about the urchin.
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries
    Good to hear that you enjoyed yourselves! Having stepped on sea urchin a few years ago in the lagoon off of Hedo 2 beach, I feel your pain.... One of the best "what to pack" recommendations I ever received was to buy watersocks/shoes at a Dick's Sporting goods store (in the camping/canoeing section) for the Trip. No more walking the lagoon aea for me without them!

LOL...(at the irony, that...)
    Well, Beach Lovers WERE warned, then asked on here, and were warned again... by a few of us...
    I still would have rather NOT had you have that experience!!!

People make fun on me on here for being so unrelenting in my advice to bring water shoes! I bet Beach Lovers will back me up next time

Good for you and great report! Glad you had such a good time. We've found that when you get there you instantly make a whole bunch of new best friends. We usually wear water shoes while in the water just for that reason. Maybe I should take some Lidocaine with us to fish urchin spines out for people, LOL. I don't know, it is a vacation.......

I know we were warned! lol! I am a believer now!

We have been to JA so many times, and never an urchin to be found! I think those little buggers like naked people!

Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl22 View Post
    LOL...(at the irony, that...)
    Well, Beach Lovers WERE warned, then asked on here, and were warned again... by a few of us...
    I still would have rather NOT had you have that experience!!!

People make fun on me on here for being so unrelenting in my advice to bring water shoes! I bet Beach Lovers will back me up next time

I think we should add that to Wikipedia...

[QUOTE=CapnMorgan;160666]Great report, thank you!
    The first trip to Hedo is always a life changing experience...for the better!
    Glad you were able to immerse yourselves so quickly. Sorry to hear about the urchin.[/QUOT
    Totally agree with the life changing experience for the better line. We went for the first time in Feb. 2012 and wow we can't wait to return.

Hey Beachlovers - I think we saw you this year - werent you the girl who jumped into the hot tub with your bathing suit on - LOL ?? And, yes, we, your friends were hiding in the corner pretending not to know you - lol. It was a blast wasnt it. We will have to have our own little Hedo weekend at home. We have the hottub - you guys bring the naked bodies lol - give us a shout when you want to make the trip North F & K

OMG! Now this is getting even more embarrassing! Did you also have to mention the bathing suit??? LMAO!!! Yes, such innocent newbies we were! We were lucky that you 2 were there to guide us in the right direction or who knows what other mess ups we would have gotten ourselves into! At least we have lots of good stories, and can't wait to go back!

I'm still missing 50!

You brought a bathing suit!?! lol

Can I use the excuse that it was very dark out and I couldn't tell everyone was naked? lol! The funny part is that in the end the hot tub evenings ended up being one of the favorite parts of the trip!

I think I am a very outgoing shy person! Weird. LOL!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast