Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question on sun tan lotion

question on sun tan lotion

trying to keep in true Hedo fashion and pack as little as possible. But if we do carry on we can not bring our sun screen through security. So does anyone know if we can buy lotion cheaper then the cost of bringing a checked bag which is $25 each way? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitandhound View Post
    trying to keep in true Hedo fashion and pack as little as possible. But if we do carry on we can not bring our sun screen through security. So does anyone know if we can buy lotion cheaper then the cost of bringing a checked bag which is $25 each way? Thanks
    Nothing in the gift shop is a bargain. Think of all the toys you can bring for 50 bucks.

H2 Feb 17-21 2011
    March 30-Apr 6 2012
    March 22-30 2013
    April 11-19 2014

Return 3/27-4/4 2015

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitandhound View Post
    Let me see if I read this right... the dilema is to buy $25 sun screen at the resort or spend $50 to bring it with you? (plus delays waiting for your luggage)

Dont worry, It will be a great way of meeting people to ask if you can borrow theirs and get them to apply it too.

Cheers
    ScubaSteve Video

Rule #1) Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

If it came down to carry on only, head for the gift shop for sun block...
    GIFT SHOP HERE I COME.

Maybe someday, with the school supplies and "stuff" no chance of no checked bag this year for us.

Carry on only.... impossible if I am going to dress for any of the theme nights!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lauraff7 View Post
    Carry on only.... impossible if I am going to dress for any of the theme nights!
    we was thinking the same thing... my wives boots and shoes took up most of my suit case.... then she had hers with all her theme and sexy clothes.... we would never do it with just a carry on....

Blog Entries
    Don't know what to say...suntan lotion/oil is "must bring" item. I bring 15 SPF for the first few days, then an 8 or 6 SPF for the last half of the Trip. Bring fewer clothes or shoes, would be my advice, but don't skimp on the suntin lotion/oil.

pay now or pay later
    Between the group stuff and all our costumes, we have a tough time using just the amount of luggage were allowed, might have to pay for an extra bag this trip for the group stuff.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

You can buy 2-3 oz tubes of sunscreen at most stores, a couple of those in your carryon and you will be fine. I found some 1oz.trial size ones also only .97 cents those will work . They do sell it in the gift shop too , so if you do run out you can always get it there, however if it is over the 3oz minimum you will have to leave it behind.

Back again !
    Hedo 2 6-16-25 2017with The Hedo Rockers !
    Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com
    Hedo Amigo's 3 -11-18 2017 !
    Hero Amigo Lite 9-30-10-7-2017 !
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

Or bee frugal with the sunscreen, save a few minutes at the baggage counter, and $50.00. The calculate the cost of visiting the dermatologist a few years later to have all those 'Oh Oh's' removed -- every six months for years and years. The cost just don't compare. And the wait to see a good dermatologist is way longer than the ten miutes it takes your bags to get off the plane and onto the carousel at MoBay. You'll have to wait a few minutes for everyone else to get the mini-bus load together.

Recommendation: Buy your preferred sunscreen (high SPF) at home and take loads with you to apply regularly. Get a new friend or two to apply it!

Costs $50 and lets you take all those extra costumes, toys, shoes etc. No contest.

PNK

The sun screen at the Hedo store is more expensive than back home but just by a couple of bucks and I seem to recall that they had a pretty good assortment.

Neutrogena has a nice tube 3oz. And a stick for your face and other sensitive places. (not liquid)
    I did carryon only for 4 nights, with costumes! It can be done

Carib air has no baggage charge that I saw. Bring on the big bag and all the shoes!

H2 Feb 17-21 2011
    March 30-Apr 6 2012
    March 22-30 2013
    April 11-19 2014

Return 3/27-4/4 2015

Thanks for all the advice Checked bag it is ...... but will need help applying sun screen to those tough places to reach

Quote Originally Posted by millionsnmilo View Post
    Carib air has no baggage charge that I saw. Bring on the big bag and all the shoes!
    2 Checked bags up to 50lbs each for coach and 2 checked bags up to 70lbs each for 1st class
    1 carry on Plus a computer bag plus a camera bag or purse for the ladies
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast