Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Adults Only, All-Inclusive, Not Couples Only, and NO NUDITY! Does it exist???

Phillygirl,

Congrats on Secrets, it really is a nice hotel & a large part of the staff came from the Ritz Carlton near Rose Hall Great House - people I worked with & think the world of them!!

Having never stayed there, but have had business associates stay, I can recommend it (thirdhand of course). Can't say much about the Preferred side or not.

Most hotels have contractual arrangements with watersports operators in order to limit liability & the operator at Secrets is an old, well established company in most of the big hotels around MoBay - so diving should not be a problem. Plus Secrets is right in the middle of the MoBay Marine Sanctuary, so you should be able to see lotsa stuff!!

Okay, on to the good stuff (eats, that is!):
    There is the Houseboat Restaurant, about a 3 minute cab ride (and yes, take the cab, Mobay doesn't have bad drivers, we have Road Terrorists!!) from Secrets. It is an honest to goodness houseboat that the actor who played 006 in Dr. No actually lived in for many years. The food, wine & ambience is superb, but bring 'skeeter spray - it is international cuisine, figure on about $30/person plus liquor.

About a 5 minute walk from the lobby (this time, you can walk..) is the MoBay Yacht Club with the Seahorse Grill - they have a fabulous Friday night buffet for about $15/person plus liquor. It has nice ambience and a view of the harbour.

Then about 10-15 minutes away is The Hip Strip with a selection of restaurants ranging from The Pelican (about $10/person) to Marguerites (about $50/person plus liquor). Pelican is good, down home cooking and fabulous malted milkshakes, Marguerites is international fare, right on the water - personally I prefer Houseboat. There is also The Twisted Kilt, an Irish Pub (can't say anything having never eaten there).

PM me if you have any other questions.....

Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl22 View Post
    So, after MUCH debate, the family has settled on Secrets St James in Jamaica.
    Anyone who has been to Secrets, let me know a few things?
    Is the Preferred side worth it? (Going "off season" in May)
    Who did you dive with?
    Any local restaurants you'd recommend?

Thanks!

We actually went to breezes runaway bay the first trip to jamaica. i can tell you the snorkeling right off the beach was amazing. truly! you don't need to take a boat anywhere. there are mini reefs 10 ft off the beach. also, its like, 5 minutes from the airport. when we went, they had a night that they took you to margaritaville mobay. However the disco was lame.
    Cocktails International
    Hedo II July 19 - 26, 2014

Trip 9 With The Cocktails Group!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123