Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WiFi at Hedo anybody been there in the past couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan_Elizabeth View Post
    I was unable to get a mywifi modem as the store was out of stack. I was connected through Hedo for the 10 days and my reception in the room was much better. At New Years we were in HBlock and in Feb we were in our normal room (actually next door) 2266 which is right in front of one of the repeaters. During the week I finally told the office I wasn't logging in anymore and that they had my JA phone number if it was an emergency....they didn't bother me again.

Only problem was when Liz and I wanted to be online at the same time as we could only connect one item to the wifi with the single account.

We survived and so did work, maybe next time we won't even bother lol
    Thanks for the update.
    I think I will still try to pick up one in April if they have them in stock.....
    Other wise its the dining room wifi again.

Cheers,
    PS, Thanks Joe.
    ScubaSteve Video

Rule #1) Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Just got back, stayed in H-block #2243. We had a good strong WiFi signal there. But the connection wasn't very fast.

I worked out a way to make/receive phone calls for free. I put the app "Groove IP" on my Android phone, and connected it to my Google Voice number (also free). Before leaving I put the phone in Airplane Mode, and never changed that all trip. Just turned on the WiFi, and GrooveIP connects directly to Google Voice through the WiFi.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan_Elizabeth View Post
    Over New Year it was not working very well, just wondering if anyone was connected recently who can give some feedback..

I have a plan to get a 4g modem from Digicel but it will probably invole a trip to town which I would like to avoid if possible any feed back regarding the reliability of the connection recently would be appreciated..

Thanks.
    The feedback:

Okay, this April I did pick up a 4G Digicel WiFi modem in town. Details below from my trip report.
    The trip report can be found in whole at:

http://www.adulttravelforum.com/foru...eak-group-2012!!!

Details:
    Price is $2950 JA ($35US) which includes 3 days unlimited usage.
    After that it is $14 US for 7 days, one day is $3.50 US and three days are $8 US.

http://www.digicel4gbroadband.com/en...php?category=3

If you go back often enough this might be the way to go. Never had a problem getting connected. It started up with no problems and signal was always good and fast. Not including my $60 in cab rides, a week of High Speed WiFi cost me $43. Next trip will only cost me $14.

If you choose to go this route, maybe print off the info at the link above and bring it with you, call ahead to make sure they have one in stock.
    Foundation Imports - Negril
    Coral Seas Plaza, Negril, Westmoreland Tel: 876-957-9015

Cheers,
    ScubaSteve Video

Rule #1) Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

What is it Steve and how do you hook it up? I am not a teckie person, so I need more details, lol. I read your trip report, but I don't understand, lol
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

IMG00358-20120523-1443[2].jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_r_a View Post
    What is it Steve and how do you hook it up? I am not a teckie person, so I need more details, lol. I read your trip report, but I don't understand, lol
    Its easy. Just plug it into the USB slot on your laptop and follow the steps. Self loading software works with no problems, create an account that you can top up later and it is all good.

If you have any questions maybe take your laptop with you to the digicel store...

I think it is the way ot go if you are visiting once a year or more.
    Probably still worth it for a one time use...?

Cheers,
    ScubaSteve Video

Cool, thanks, I think I will do that next year. That way I could Skype with the kids
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Just back yesterday. Used WiFi all week and signal was very strong. Was a tad slow but not unusually so. We were adjacent to "H" Block on the OVN side. Would certainly do it again vs. the other options being recommended.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123