Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jewel of the Seas - Tampa - Jan 2013

Hope they show up to chat soon...we want friends :-)
    Last edited by AKcouple; 06-21-2012 at 06:14 PM.

1) I understand the cabin walls are all metal, is that correct? what about the cabin door? We love to decorate and were planning to bring magnets to hold stuff up.

Yes, the doors are metal and magnets work just fine

2) Should we bring our own white board for the door or are they provided?

Bring your own. We did have a sponsor that gave some away last cruise, but they ran out. No word if there will be more on board the next cruises, so I'd be prepared and get a nice one for yourselves, just in case

3) Will there be any provision for a PRIVATE message board/group only for our cruise. While this venue is fine for general questions and such, I'm hesitant to post pictures and such since it's an "open line" (note, the profile pic to the left is actually not Susan or I)

We are working on that.

4) Will the DJ take requests or do they have a set playlist?

All of our DJ's take requests, but you have to be realistic, if it is 1:30 in the morning and they are playing to a younger crowd and the dasncefloor is packed, they probably won't mix in Sweet Home Alabama. But the good news is that we always have several DJ's playing in different venues, so you can go to the place where your music is more likely to be played. We have one disco for oldies, some slow songs, disco, etc... and the other plays more of today's top 40 hits, club music, etc... There is also a Piano Bar on board that is a lot of fun and Kareoke (for those that are into that).

On the Freedom, there is also a pub with a guy playing the guitar every night, a latin music band and we have an awesome singer playing oldies, standards, jazz and blues in the Viking Corwne Lounge. Finally we have the Robby V Band, a 50's tribute band on board for those looking for alder music.

On the Jewel, we have signed the Bobby Friss Rock & Roll band, plus an awesome group called Suave. Matt Yee, one of RCCL's top piano guy will be on board as well.

As you can see, we put a lot of effort into the music and while we can't please everyone, all the time, in every venue, there is probably some music you will love being played somewhere on the ship. We will help you find it and hopefully, that will make your trip THAT much more fun.

5) Is there a list of available excursions?

The excursions are being finalized right now and will soon be listed online on the Royal Caribbean site (for the Freedom), so you can sign up early.

Hope that helps,

Bob & Tess
    Bob & Tess
    Couples Cruise

WOW, great answers and welcome back! Everything sounds great, we'll be standing by as activities for the cruise start to take shape

Thanks again!

For anyone on SLS

Forum:

1) Click Forum on left menu of SLS Home page

2) Scroll all the way to the bottom topic “ Travel, Clubs and Resorts” and click “Cruise Talk”

3) Click the top link for SLS Jewel of the seas.

Events:

1) Click events on left menu

2) Click “National Events” at top of page

3) Scroll down till you see “Topless Travel” and click that

4) Scroll down to “Jewel of the Seas” event and click “Details” You can then view list of attendees and ad yourself to the list.

we are booked

We are booked too!

We are on deck 10. Can't wait!!!!

Considering Deck 9. First timers; any tips?

Wow, where to start...
    - Hit the laundry room early for dress up night, those 2 irons per deck get busy!
    - bring one of those 3-in-1 electric socket adapters so you can plug three things into one socket? the wall plug gets VERY busy!
    - sun screen!
    - little battery operated candles
    - pack soad or non-alcohol drinks...gets expensive!

Where is everyone staying the night before the cruise?

Many people will be at the HIlton by the Airport. There is also a meet and greet Sunday night. Are you on SLS? there is a VERY active group with over 300 couples and LOTS of info. Really, SLS is the only place I've found with any activity for our cruise. This place is pretty dead and the other site I found looks like it's been deleted.

Hi,

It's our first cruise. We're coming from Paris. We're a french couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelofthesea View Post
    Hi,

It's our first cruise. We're coming from Paris. We're a french couple.
    Welcome, you'll have a great time!

There is a SLS group set up (390 members) and a facebook page as well. Both are by invite only but if you PM me you info I'll see you get in :-)

Hello All
    New to site. Thinking about booking cruise Jewel of the Seas Tampa Jan 28-Feb 2. We have never been on a cruise. I have concerns as I do get motion sickness anyone one on here have this problem and if so what do use to help this issue. Should I be looking at booking on higher levels of the boat or is lower levels better or the same for motion sickness? Any tips on what deck is best to book or rooms? Also how much are drinks like rye and Pepsi? Kinda have to budget? Why do you need a white board? We have been to Hedo looking for something similar. My man has been surfing the net for something new and found this cruise he is more open minded then I. Lol but I think the cruise will be a nice change. Please let us know your thoughts. Thanks and we may see you:-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast