Thread: Trip Report - January 13–19

Trip Report - January 13–19

Booked All-Inclusive Vacation through WestJet. We flew out of Toronto on Friday the 13th. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 10:15 a.m.. We awoke around 4:30 a.m., looked out the window and said “let’s go” as it was snowing and extremely wind. The normal 1.25 hour drive to Pearson Airport took 2.5 hours due to extremely bad roads and accidents. However, we arrived safely and well in time for our flight. We boarded on time but there was a 1 hour delay in departure as the plane had to be de-iced.

Flight was uneventful and when we arrived in Montego Bay things started looking up. Short line at Customs, our luggage was waiting for us in the baggage area, checked in at Super Clubs and had just enough time to get a beer at the outdoor Margarittaville before boarding the bus for the 1.5 hour ride to Hedo. On the bus there were 4 couples, 3 going to Hedo and 1 to Breezes. Before we got to Hedo, I think we had the Breezes couple convinced they should at least try a day pass at Hedo!

MY WORST FEAR... we arrived at Hedo Reception and we were told that we had been “bumped” as they were full and we would be given another room (1156) and to come back to the desk tomorrow at 11:00 and we would be transferred our Ocean View (Prude) room...Ok, this is not so bad, a least we are on the resort. We were offered “compensation” of either the difference in the price of the room or two half hour massages. All the rooms of course are identical but some locations are better than others. BTW, Herladyship opted for a 1 hour massage for her! 1156 is by the road and there is a lot of road noise there so not a lot of sleep the first night. However, the next day a porter was sent with me to transfer our suitcases to 1117. Much better location and the only thing that didn’t work properly was the multi-head shower, sometimes it is a great to just stand there if you are too wasted to wash yourself, kind of like going through a car wash! It seems to be common at Hedo for at least one thing not to work so our problem was minimal. Other issues we heard of was the air conditioning did not work, no hot water, no cold water, etc. but managment does take care of it fairly quickly...by Caribbean standards!

This was our second trip to Hedonism II in as many years and knew what to expect. Hedo is not for the faint of heart and we were there during Lifestyle Month with two groups in attendance, Dream Pleasure Vacations and Tom’s Trips. The “vibe” at Hedo very much depends on who is there and this time it was really party central! PDAs were common and the staff just let things go...probably because of what month it was, so rules can be inconsistent. This is not a complaint as we also got up to things that would get us “permanently barred” from the standard Nudist/Naturist Resorts that we have frequented!!!

Weather
    Perfect weather, not a drop of rain and sunny every day (rare for us).

Food
    Main Restaurant - The food was very good although after 3 days or so there can be a sameness to any buffet.
    Nude Side BBQ - great bbq chicken, fish, burgers, grilled cheese, etc. just don’t be in a hurry as it can take some time in line...but it is also a great way to meet people!
    There are two restaurants, one Japanese and one Italian, but you must make a reservation. Didn’t go this year but did go to the Italian one last year and it was very good.
    Prude Beach Bar - didn’t actually get there but heard it is the same as Delroy’s.
    I don’t know if it is usual but after about 3 days I get a wonky stomach, same thing happened last year. I thought it may be the food, but Herladyship suggested I may be overdoing the drinking, but I know at Hedo that is not possible! That’s my story and I’m sticking to it ;-)

Staff
    The staff are extremely friendly and courteous, from the busboys, wait staff, maintenance crews up to the ECs and the Managers.We were asked many times if we were enjoying ourselves! Those ECs sure a talented and work very hard to make sure people enjoy themselves.

Theme Nights
    We love the theme nights and participated in about 4 (we were only there 5 full days). The lowest participation seemed to be Maskparade night and the highest was Fetish night. The common denominator for any night was what I respectfully call “skank wear”, the smaller the better, with shoes, the higher the better, loosely adhering to the theme of course! ;-) Only a small percentage of the guys dressed up most nights, as it is really all about the ladies! We were disappointed there was no Toga Night (we knew this before we left home), we brought our togas but there was no appropriate theme night to wear them. On the bright side, I did win a bottle of rum for male pirate, but sadly I was the only entry! I think they leave the competition part too late after dinner and many people have moved on to other venues, just my observation.

People
    As usual, this is the BEST PART! I won’t mention any names here to protect the guilty, except for foxxyandhound who of course are members here. Although we are not in the lifestyle we made many friends and felt fully accepted, some of whom were 30 years younger than us. Hedo is ageless! We actually met people who we had mutual acquaintances with back home, which can be a bit dodgey....so we met at “Breezes”. It is a small world. At Hedo it is so easy to just go up and talk to someone or ask “where’s home” to start the conversation. The toughest part is remembering everyone’s name after a couple of days!

Off the Resort
    This year we vowed to leave the resort at least once, but that was just minimal. We took a walk down the beach past Sandals! Negril Beach is very nice but seems a bit “sterile” compared to Hedo, Herladyship mentioned something about Stepford Wives ;-) ...but it was a very nice walk. Next time we must actually go to Negril Village, but sand gravity is powerful at Hedo.

A Hedo vacation is what you make it or want it to be, you can party like a Rock Star or just find a quiet place (there are plenty of them) to chill along the beach, it’s all up to you and we love that!

Our days largely consisted of getting up in the morning, checking our brains to see if we could remember what we did the previous night, leisurely breakfast, saunter down the beach to our chairs on the nude side, consider what beverage we would start the day with....a few times it really was water! By afternoon it was full into the drinks and lunch from the grill by Delroy’s..more pool time, back to the room for a “rest” and get our costumes ready. Dinner was always fun and we sat with many different folks. Really enjoyed the entertainment and then either went to the Piano Bar or just hung out on the patio and socialized. Bed between 12 and 1. Never did get to the Disco!

On check out day we had to evacuate our room by noon but our departure from the resort was not until 4. They picked up our bags at noon and kept them in the reception area. When we were ready to go we could use the showers in the Spa and change our clothes. Left the beach around 2 and were given “condolence hugs” by our new friends. It really did take the edge off of leaving ;-) Also foxxyandhound presented us with a gift of “Newfoundland’s Finest”...T’anks B’y, it is deeply appreciated. We were the only ones on the bus and of course were mooned on our way out. What a nice tradition! Our driver was on his first run ever and actually drove the speed limit. No insane white knuckle rides this time.

Once at Montego Bay Airport we found out our plane was delayed 45 minutes because of weather in Toronto. Did some shopping for grandkids, duty free, and of course hung out at Margarittaville until our plane arrived. Quiet flight home, customs lines were short and off to our car...damn it’s cold in Canada!

Although we were late going both ways the WestJet flight crews were great...right up to their usual standard!

Respectfully Submitted,

CapnMorgan and Herladyship
    s
    St. Martin, FWI, 1991-2011
    Hedonism II -January 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 (x2), 2017
    Cayo Largo, Cuba, December 1-7, 2014
    Hedonism II - April 10-17, 2016 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 16-23, 2017 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedonism II - April 8-15, 2018 K&A Spring Fling
    Hedo 2 April 14-21, 2019 K&A Spring Fling
    H2 April 8-17, 2022 K&A Spring Fling

"If you want something you've never had, you must be willing to do something you've never done" - Thomas Jefferson

Great trip report! Thanks for sharing.
    Hedo II April 19-25 2011 -- Our first visit was AWESOME
    Hedo II July 9-17 2012 -- Honeymoon visit was SEXY

Glad you guys had such a great time.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/