Grand Lido Negril vs Hedonism II

I found another resort that one can be nude at in Jamaica

Grand Lido Negril

What are your thoughts on this one?

But is this ok for singles to go to?

or is it couples only?
    thanks looking for feedback.
    thanks

It really depends on what you are truly looking for. Grand Negril is across the driveway from Hedo. It is much quieter and much more conservative. There is a
    clothing optional section, but it is even more quiet there. Grand Negril is mostly couples, as is Hedo. There are a number of singles that go to both resorts, but you have to be going for the right reason.

Ditto mnwild. Plus the nude beach at the Grand is much smaller and under shade in the afternoon. The rooms are a bit nicer and the prude beach is real nice and big. The rooms closer to the nude beach are a long walk from everything else. If you are really not into the party vibe at Hedo but want to explore you can obtain a day pass and walk across the street and see for yourself. Food's as good as or better than Hedo but the nitelife can be pretty lame. It is very quiet for the most part.

just go to hedo! you will end up buying a day pass anyway, once you see and hear how much fun were having. I go as a single guy to hedo and have a blast. Life is about no regrets. If you go to Grand Lido...you will be wishing you had stayed at Hedo.

There are several resorts that you can go nude in Jamacia, but none like Hedo
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

We live in New Orelans in the Winter, DC in the Summer
    Blog Entries
    It breezes now not grand lido. Nicer rooms, same food, no fun!

Quote Originally Posted by mac_r_a View Post
    There are several resorts that you can go nude in Jamacia, but none like Hedo
    We agree!

We stayed at grand lido a couple years ago the last few days of our Hedo trip just to see what it was like. There are pros and cons, though I can't say how true this is now that it is a Breezes property instead.

Food: much much better than Hedo. Hedo's dinners are fine. GL's was outstanding. Breakfast is also much better, but lunch, especially out by the pools or beach, is similar.

Rooms: no question GLN. Much nicer - bigger, nicer linens, better decorated, and in better condition.

Atmosphere: GLN was very peaceful and nice. People more or less stuck to themselves and didn't interact too much with other guests. They weren't mean or rude by any means, they just wanted to be with their spouse. Hedo is much more social and people going out of their way to have fun. I enjoyed Hedo much more than GLN, but I could understand why others could disagree. Many people actually seem to enjoy boredom...

GLN has much less of a sexually charged atmosphere. Nude beaches always are more sexual than a textile beach, but even when Hedo is calm, being naked and social is sexier than being naked and solitary. Add to that the other shenanigans at Hedo, and even if you aren't partaking or ins some of it over the top, I guarantee it will make you think about sex more than reading the latest NY Times best seller on the beach at GLN.

Now granted, I've done nude beach vacations where that's exactly what we did - laid out naked reading and drinking. It was awesome and GLN would have been a great place to do that. But I'd rather go to Hedo.

We went to Breezes last year......beautiful resort, very nice beach (the clothed one)...the clothing optional one was small and rocky......great food....but NO NIGHTLIFE AT ALL....it is why we are going to hedo. we only met one couple who talked....lol.....and turned out they were sneaking over to Hedo at night......the staff tried to get people involved and to an extent they did but by midnight it was crickets.....

Quote Originally Posted by mr. steak View Post
    I found another resort that one can be nude at in Jamaica...
    What is your mission statement? In other words, are you looking to "just" be naked and relax, or are you looking for a party?

If you want to "just" be nude on your vacation, there are plenty of choices (and far better ones, I'm sure). However, there's only one place to party (now that H3 is gone).
    Mikey and Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Dwellers View Post
    What is your mission statement? In other words, are you looking to "just" be naked and relax, or are you looking for a party?

If you want to "just" be nude on your vacation, there are plenty of choices (and far better ones, I'm sure). However, there's only one place to party (now that H3 is gone).
    This one nailed it on the head. If you want a more social and partying atmosphere, Hedo is the place. Hedo also is more affordable than many other Jamaican choices. If you want nude beaches, but don't care so much about the partying and socializing, Couples San Souci, Couples Tower Island, Breezes in Ocho Rios, and Breezes Negril are all good choices.

Here's the basic difference... I'll use Couples San Souci as my comparison though the others are very similar, in particular when comparing and contrasting with Hedo. At Couples, the nude beach is probably 10-15% of the people at the resort. The people who are there are very nice. You show up at the beach maybe 11ish, get naked, start drinking, and have some good conversation and laughs with maybe a dozen or so people at the beach. The other half of the people at the nude beach stick to themselves - generally newcomers to being on a nude beach and they isolate themselves to read etc. At about 5ish, the. Use beach basically closes, sometimes officially.

After beach hours, the other resorts are much more like going to nice restaraunts or semi formal parties near your home. The people are truly nice, but they're fully clothed and generally proper. They're drinking, on vacation, and are away from work/kids/etc. so they are definitely having fun. Because only a small percent of the resort partake of the nude beach, you wont meet manynof the guests or you'll have your daytime/naked friends and your dinner/clothed friends. The rooms are really nice, new furniture, great linens, and are 4 star (not 5) type accommodations. The food is similarly very very good.

Hedo is totally different. On the negative side, the rooms are more similar to an inexpensive hotel you might stay at in the US on a road trip where you are saving money. Not as bad as a really nasty highway motel, but at least like an average Howard Johnson's, and not a freshly remodeled one. The food is good, but not exciting. It's good or average buffet food, and the nicer restaraunts are like Olive Garden or Beni Hana. Those are good, but hardly stuff to brag about.

The plus side for Hedo, and the reason everyone comes back, is the people and atmosphere. Hedo is more like a raunchy college party. A higher percentage of the guests do the nude stuff, so you'll meet more people and won't feel like an outcast. Because the naked crowd is bigger, the jokes get louder and the whole resort takes on a sexier feel. Even if you're somewhat of a prude like me (by Hedo standards anyway) and don't take part in any swinger stuff or PDAs, you and your partner will see things you won't see elsewhere and that will excite you. We definitely talk to more people, laugh more, drink more, and have more sex on our Hedo trips.

So - that's my long winded comparison. I understand and like both choices. In a perfect world, Hedo would fix up their rooms and improve their food so I could get the best parts of both worlds. On the other hand I have to keep in mind that I pay about 1/3 or more less when we go to Hedo than when we've gone to Couples San Souci. For me, I'd go to Hedo every time. My wife sometimes gets a bee in her bonnet about wanting something a little more luxurious and we switch it up and go to Couples. Truthfully I'd go to Omaha, eat at McDonalds, and sleep at Motel 6 if I could hang out naked with my wife all day.

the only resorts are only good for couples , its a tough world for single

Quote Originally Posted by mr. steak View Post
    the only resorts are only good for couples , its a tough world for single
    Yes, it's true these resorts are primarily couples but with a little research, you'll find tons of options for the single traveler. There are groups that cater to singles, travel agencies that specialize in singles, cruises for singles only plus a whole lot more. You'd be amazed at the options you can find with a little detective work.

The only other resort we have been to in Jamaica that had a nude beach was Breezes 5 years ago. Since going to Hedo for the first time we talk about trying someplace else, but we just can't get ourselves to give it up, so I guess we are forever ruined from going to another resort in Jamaica. We have gone to many other places for the weather and beaches, and while we have found many that have some things better than Hedo, we have never found any to have nicer and friendlier people, so we continue to go to Hedo.

Quote Originally Posted by kgrove View Post
    So - that's my long winded comparison. I understand and like both choices. In a perfect world, Hedo would fix up their rooms and improve their food so I could get the best parts of both worlds. On the other hand I have to keep in mind that I pay about 1/3 or more less when we go to Hedo than when we've gone to Couples San Souci. For me, I'd go to Hedo every time. My wife sometimes gets a bee in her bonnet about wanting something a little more luxurious and we switch it up and go to Couples. Truthfully I'd go to Omaha, eat at McDonalds, and sleep at Motel 6 if I could hang out naked with my wife all day.
    Awesome post!!! You nailed it too!

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast