Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bringing alcohol

bringing alcohol

Last edited by kandykandy; 11-21-2012 at 12:39 PM.

You can buy it different places there, but duty free is for when you are leaving a place, not entering. You could get some on your way down from the duty free at your own airport (if it is open, ours tends to still be closed when we leave early in the day)
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Last edited by kandykandy; 11-21-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Registered User Allan_Elizabeth's Avatar
    Kandy, buy the duty free at the airport before you leave for Hedo you cannot buy duty free in MBJ for use in the country. You are allowed to bring in alcohol although I am not sure how much on the JA Government site it says -

Tobacco and some potable articles including wines and spirits in the baggage or on the person which they might reasonably be expected to carry with them for personal use, in such quantities as the Commissioner may from time to time approve.

I am sure a couple of bottles for each person should not be a problem, we have friends that bring wine with them all of the time. I expect that others will respond to your question as well.

Next trip Dec 15 - 21 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Kandy Bremser View Post
    I see. Yes ours will be closed as well. We were just a little nervious about putting it in the checked luggage. Dont want to smell like a couple of drunks berfore we become a couple of drunks lol.
    Put each bottle you want to take with you in a plastic bag and then wrap it up in clothes and put it in the middle of the suitcases, they should not break that way. That's how we always pack it to go home.
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

We have found that we don't care for most of the drinks served at Hedo (although it didn't stop us from drinking copious amounts of it). We would like to brink some of our own or if possible can it be purchased at the duty free in the airport once you arrive? We bought some when we left there but did not know if you could get to it once we arrived.
    Crazy as it sounds, I have brought bottles with me before in my checked luggage.
    Wrap them up in towels or clothes and put them in the middle protected by everything else.

Maybe wrapped in newspaper in a double ziplock bag?

Cheers
    ScubaSteve Video

Rule #1) Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
    Crazy as it sounds, I have brought bottles with me before in my checked luggage.
    Wrap them up in towels or clothes and put them in the middle protected by everything else.

Maybe wrapped in newspaper in a double ziplock bag?

Cheers
    Can the bottles be opened or do they need to be new?
    I got some great applepie moonshine that I would love to share. Smooth!

Am I looking for too much trouble?

H2 Feb 17-21 2011
    March 30-Apr 6 2012
    March 22-30 2013
    April 11-19 2014

Return 3/27-4/4 2015

We brought with us 5 bottles of alcohol the first time.... waste of time and effort...there is so much alcohol there and we spent all of our time by the nude pool bar!!!

Bubble Wrap is your friend.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

I see. Yes ours will be closed as well. We were just a little nervious about putting it in the checked luggage. Dont want to smell like a couple of drunks berfore we become a couple of drunks lol.
    We put it in our checked luggage when we go crusing as they don't allow any to be brought on board. We buy plastic bottles wrap them in plastic wrap first then double bag it in ziploc bags just in case they split. No leakers yet and we have done it many times. GOOD LUCK

I brouhgt a bottle of grey goose for the wife and a BIG BOTTLE OF YAGER for me and friends. Bubble wrap is cheap cheap cheap
    Hedo II April 20th- 27th 2011 virgin trip
    Hedo II April 22 - 28 2012 With Hedo Mojo
    Hedo II April 12 - 19 2014

Quote Originally Posted by CopNkitten View Post
    Bubble Wrap is your friend.
    Cop..
    I agree...I am bringing some red and white wine to have with dinner and bubble wrap is going around the bottles in my checked luggage

Kandy,

There are a couple of places you can buy it in Montego Bay - both of them have great selections of liquor & wine, one even has an online market that you can do the transactions ahead of time & just pick up what you want on the way to Negril. You have to drive past these stores anyway on the road to Negril.

The one with the online store is Caribbean Producers Market, http://www.cpjmarket.com/, the other one is MegaMart: both are within 2 minutes of each other.

You may pay a little more than what you are used to at home, but it will save you the hassle of lugging liquor around, especially if you are trying to travel light and are worried about breaking bottles. On one trip home, I opened my suitcase to find it reeking of rum - apparently a case had broken all over my bag and soaked in (I tried to suck the clothes dry, but.....).

If you need help with a contact at the Caribbean Producers place, send me a PM & I will give you the Manager's contact info.

Blog Entries
    We often bring a couple/few bottles down. Either tequila and/or wine. Just pack it safely in your checked bags and then you have room to bring rum cream back home with you

www.cocktailsintl.com

Drink up the Guilty Pleasures

Quote Originally Posted by Allan_Elizabeth View Post

Tobacco and some potable articles including wines and spirits in the baggage or on the person which they might reasonably be expected to carry with them for personal use, in such quantities as the Commissioner may from time to time approve.

\
    What is a reasonable amount allowed to bring to Jamaica for cigarettes? I hear the prices at the stores are a little steep, and they may not even carry any at all......
    Rat
    Love Always

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast