Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A first for me - mature and not a size 8

A first for me - mature and not a size 8

We are booking a vacation at Desire in March and as this is a first for me in a clothing optional resort, I have some intrepidation! First, I have just turned 50, which in itself is a major thing. I have also gone from fit to not-so-fit the last five years, although I still work out at the gym and watch what I eat, well... it's just a lot more difficult to keep weight off. My husband also has some weight to lose but he's not as concerned as I am.

My question is: Do people really mean it when they say there are all shapes, sizes and ages and it's not a big deal? I want to be adventurous on many levels on this vacation but body image is a bit of an issue (perhaps until I have some drinks!) and I really love to have fun and I am known for it but, as I said above, I am a little concerned about my size 16 body with some gravity issues.

Any and all comments are welcome.

Absolutely, there are all shapes and sizes, so don't you worry You will have a blast and you'll ask yourself why you didn't do this sooner!!

It is like it says, go to Walmart and picture all the adults naked, that's what it is.
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Blog Entries
    neked is the great equalizer, this is your personalities opportunity to turn em on. and that's all I will say about that!

Walmart... yikes... I have seen those crazy Walmart pics people send in emails... those are waaay too scary *lol* Anyway, your input is appreciated and taken in good context!

Thanks so much. Great to hear it and it alleviates some of my concerns! It's always what you don't know that can be a bit intimidating!

I'm not sure they'll let you in if only in your 50s. Kidding but we've met people up to and into their 80s at Desire. They too had a great time. So forget the age issue, dump the weight issues, and think fun, personality, interesting conversations ...

go for it

PNK

Not sure about Desires, but Hedo 2 definately age, weight not an issue. Just need a "desire" to have fun.

Registered User Naughty Nudists's Avatar
    Since our first experience at a nude resort,the wife and I have lost over 90 pounds between us and kept it off.
    It was not difficult at all.Just pm me for details
    Naughty Nudists

Quote Originally Posted by Naughty Nudists View Post
    Since our first experience at a nude resort,the wife and I have lost over 90 pounds between us and kept it off.
    It was not difficult at all.Just pm me for details
    Naughty Nudists
    Tell us all how you did it, don't keep that secret!!!!!!!!

I can't speak for Desire...never been. However I just got back from a week at Hedo II. I'm 4 and I actually AM a size 8 and was STILL a bit worried about my appearance, as was my husband. I was also a bit apprehensive about being naked in public. I quickly found that there's a bell curve at work: 2.5% are stripper hot, 2.5% are horrifying. The remaning 95% are perfectly average. Some smaller than others, some without tattoos, some without piercings, some bigger. Like Angela said...it's just real world people without their clothes on. We got naked in the room and stepped out. I was first. I stood on that balcony for a few seconds thinking I'd lost my mind when some naked due walked by and said "HI!". No problem, mon. Just go and let yourself go.
    Angie
    H2 27APR-5MAY 2013
    H2 4FEB-11FEB 2012

Quote Originally Posted by mac_r_a View Post
    Tell us all how you did it, don't keep that secret!!!!!!!!
    In a nutshell,we gave up sugar and starchy foods.Replaced that with meats,leafy greens,nuts.
    Some would call it Atkins,some would say South Beach.All I know is it's what the doctor told my mother
    to do over 50 years ago and it works WITHOUT exercising.You have to learn that not all sugar is in a bowl and
    take the steps to avoid it.Pack a lunch,get a salad instead of burger and fries.Lose the alcohol,ice cream,cake.
    You get the idea.She has lost 40 and I have lost 50 since 2009 and kept if off.If we start cheating and go back to the old
    lifestyle then it will come back for sure.That is why we dont cheat.You will be amazed at your results if you give it a try.
    Good luck to all!
    Naughty Nudists

K, I understand all of that, except alcohol!!! What, give up alcohol!!!!!! lol I love food and I hate exercising, so that is why I can't get the body I would love to have!!!!

just go for it - you can start by keeping your bottoms on but pretty soon you will just feel it isnt worth the hassle of washing them out....

It is great fun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mac_r_a View Post
    K, I understand all of that, except alcohol!!! What, give up alcohol!!!!!! lol I love food and I hate exercising, so that is why I can't get the body I would love to have!!!!
    Actually,I beg to differ.Said I gave up alcohol.She has a vodka toddy with fruit juice every night but a limit of
    one except when we go out she will have a Margarita.Don't ask me how she does it and still has toast and jelly for breakfast but she does.Went from a 12 to a 6,some cuts of clothes are a 4. She's 5ft 7inch and 122 pounds which is a net loss of 40 pounds since we joined the "meat and greens lifestyle".(pun intended)
    As for me,I have only the very occasional beer,limit one or two based on what I weighed today.Even with a little light exercise it is still a struggle for me and she is very careful about what and how much.My point here is to give all concerned the hope that they can change their body style and results are certainly within reach if they will commit.
    Naughty Nudists

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast