Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dinner on the beach

Dinner on the beach

We want to know about the dinner on the beach. We went in Aug 2011, and Oct. 2010, and there was no dinner on the beach.
    Is it a reg. thing every week now? What day of the week?
    How does it work? Are they setting up tables by the volleyball net? Is the food brought down and served buffet style? Do they have it in warmer trays on tables? Or are they cooking on grills? Or is the whole dinner done at the Prude grill/cafe place? Do they do the entertainment on the beach? Is there a band? Limbo?
    Cowgirl

Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
    We want to know about the dinner on the beach. We went in Aug 2011, and Oct. 2010, and there was no dinner on the beach.
    Is it a reg. thing every week now? What day of the week?
    How does it work? Are they setting up tables by the volleyball net? Is the food brought down and served buffet style? Do they have it in warmer trays on tables? Or are they cooking on grills? Or is the whole dinner done at the Prude grill/cafe place? Do they do the entertainment on the beach? Is there a band? Limbo?
    Cowgirl
    Yup i think they do it thur or fri nights. It was great to have it out there with the wind from water blowing on you. In dining area can be hotter than hell. Some of the old folks from the other board complain about it but thats pretty much what they do anyway.
    Hedo II April 20th- 27th 2011 virgin trip
    Hedo II April 22 - 28 2012 With Hedo Mojo
    Hedo II April 12 - 19 2014

Registered User Allan_Elizabeth's Avatar
    We just left on Monday and at Breakfast they were announcing that dinner was going to be on the beach that night. The previous Monday there was no beach dinner. We do not like the beach dinners due to Elizabeths' reaction to the sand flea bites and we stay off the beach after sunset. So our plan was to take out plates up to the pool deck or go out. The bring the entertainment down to the beach as well and in past years they had a bonfire. Very romantic if the bugs do not bite!

Oh heels and the beach do not work well

50 days until we are back.

Next trip Dec 15 - 21 2019

Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. We've been there for about four of them and they've all been on a friday night. But from the posts that i read it seems it may also happen on Monday nights sometimes. When it does happen the salads, cold dishes, sushi, etc are prepped in the kitchen and brought down. All the hot foods are cooked right on the beach.

The whole thing is quite a lot of work. Tables and chairs are brought in. Special kiosks are constructed to serve the food from. They store these along the fence by Sandals. A whole bunch of BBQs are stored behind the dive shack and they are brought out to cook on. It all happens down on the prude beach. A couple of times that we were there they rented a stage and brought in a pop reggae band to play live music. They also string party lights.

We love it when they have it. It is different and they always have a selection of some different foods that we don't normally get in the dining room. A lot of people seem to complain about it on these boards, but when we've been there for it we've never heard a single complaint. In fact it is the opposite -- the guests are almost unanimously full of compliments.

I was there over two Mondays. The first one when the resort was FULL they did the big dinner on the beach. The next week when it as pretty empty, they kept it in the dining room. The didn't do it on Friday. Like said above, its a lot of work for them to do it, so I doubt they would ever go all out if the resort isn't pretty full. Weather of course plays a part too. I will say the beach was really cool for the novelty of it, but I got eaten alive by sand fleas! I was happy to stay in the dining room the second week! =)

I was there over two Mondays. The first one when the resort was FULL they did the big dinner on the beach. The next week when it as pretty empty, they kept it in the dining room. The didn't do it on Friday. Like said above, its a lot of work for them to do it, so I doubt they would ever go all out if the resort isn't pretty full. Weather of course plays a part too. I will say the beach was really cool for the novelty of it, but I got eaten alive by sand fleas! I was happy to stay in the dining room the second week!

I think that sounds pretty cool. How can you deal with sand fleas, though?? I'll just take the heels off for a bit 30 days!
    Angie
    H2 27APR-5MAY 2013
    H2 4FEB-11FEB 2012

Registered User Allan_Elizabeth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotogFlight View Post
    I think that sounds pretty cool. How can you deal with sand fleas, though?? I'll just take the heels off for a bit 30 days!
    For some Bug spray works, not my sweet wife last week just being on the beach at sunset she was eaten alive.....and she did not enjoy it LoL. We bought some Benadryl cream which give a little relief and she is still itching now 3 days after we returned home.

Next trip Dec 15 - 21 2019

Blog Entries
    I enjoyed the beach dinner two years ago except they were filming some sort of reality show, big freaking cameras and lights and six or eight non-typical guests in the middle of it all acting natural for their reality series. Too funny

No one at my table wanted to be filmed so everytime they flashed the camera at our table I gave em the finger to the delight of my dinner companions, I'm pretty sure we were edited out, LOL

Coming from a really "old guy" Mr. Buck, I really enjoyed it............
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Where is the dinner on the beach? I don't think we've ever seen that; how in the world did we miss it? Would be nice the cafeteria does get quite hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Allan_Elizabeth View Post
    We just left on Monday and at Breakfast they were announcing that dinner was going to be on the beach that night. The previous Monday there was no beach dinner.
    They did announce it Alan, but typical Hedo it still didn't happen..we're just back...No dinner on the beach after Christmas, nor the monday after New Years that they announced and the weather was fine for it...not sure what happened there??
    Sabina and Scott
    NEW YEARS EVE H2
    Dec.27 to Jan.5th 2019

12th Anniversary New Years Like No Other!!

It's only Hard Core when YOU'RE not doing it!!!

In all my travels there... never have been there for dinner on the beach... ( ? ) It was starting to get windy on Monday night though.
    Bob

Back again !
    Hedo 2 6-16-25 2017with The Hedo Rockers !
    Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com
    Hedo Amigo's 3 -11-18 2017 !
    Hero Amigo Lite 9-30-10-7-2017 !
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

Quote Originally Posted by carlhmd3 View Post
    Where is the dinner on the beach? I don't think we've ever seen that; how in the world did we miss it? Would be nice the cafeteria does get quite hot.
    If they have it, you can't miss it. The main dining room is closed down and the other two restaurants are closed so it is the only place to eat dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotogFlight View Post
    Based on the posts on these boards sand fleas seem to be something that bother some people and not others. We've spent around twenty weeks there between the months of November and April and never been bothered by them or heard of anyone else there that was, so you may not even have to deal with them. Perhaps they are bad at other times of the year.

Blog Entries
    I used to travel to Negril in Nov and it wasn't sand fleas that got me, but no-see-um's that would chew up my ankles right around sundown. Even during daylight hours they'd swarming around my ankles if I was in the shade.

Five trips to Hedo in April, never been bitten by anything that wasn't human, LOL
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast