Thread: Shopping list

Shopping list

Slut gear? Check (Well, mostly. Need PJs of some sort.)
    Toys? Check. (Including a really neato hottub floating "dice" game and 100 glow sticks.)
    Condoms? Check...double-check.
    Stupidly high heels? Check.
    Sunblock? Check.
    Bug spray? Check.
    Cover-ups and minimalistic bathing suits? Check.
    Makeup...Wen hair stuff...curlers/flat iron/hair-dryer...miscellaneous sundries? Check. Also started tanning already.

Still need: Bubba kegs x2, updated passport, various batteries, lanyards. Also have to book the reservations for the furkids' stay at the Pup Hotel.
    What am I missing? I don't plan on spending a lot of time in the ocean so I'm not planning on bringing water shoes. Bag for the beach/pool? Do I need a "purse"? What kind of money should I bring...cards? Cash? Also, my husband is celebrating his birthday while we're there. How can I make some plans for a cake, champagne, etc?

Any input will be greatly appreciated. 38 days
    Angie
    H2 27APR-5MAY 2013
    H2 4FEB-11FEB 2012

38 Days?! I'd focus on the passport!!!!!

Sunglasses, hat, after sun, definitely a bag, a little cash (dollars) for the shuttle guys.
    I would never bring the hair stuff or a purse, but that's me.
    If needed, don't forget lots of razors.
    And a good variety first aid/medicine cabinet kit.

But seriously, I would start on that passport thing tomorrow!!!

Cash - Unless you're planning on sampling the local recreational pharmaceuticals, you can pay for everything with your credit card. Minded, it's still a good idea to bring $50 in a mix of $5's & $1's to tip folks like the airport baggage handlers, bus drivers, Hedo bellhops, etc.

As far as birthday plans go - Let the front desk know and there can be a cake / champagne in your room or at a reserved table at dinner (or even lunch if that's your preference).

Other things you may be missing:
    • Calling cards with your personal info you give out to folks you like (think those Avery business cards you can print out with your real names / email addresses)
    • Exercise wear, if you're into working out
    • Lube (just saying, didn't see it on your list)
    • Massage oil never hurts to have on-hand

One note - Given your existing packing list, you'll probably end up checking a bag to handle the liquids (and yes, glow sticks count, trust us!!!)

Along with the bag for the pool throw a big ziplock bag into
    it. Just in case you have items that can't get wet.

And you just check at the front desk area about setting something up for his birthday.
    But I would also stop back and remind them, also mentioning it to an EC that day can't hurt, they can double check things for you.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Do not forget the lube...

NO PJ's necessary at HEDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -We put every single liquid we bring into ziplock bags in our luggage. (lube, sunscreen, bug spray, contact solution, after-sun lotion, conditioner, etc.) Invariably, some of the bottles leak in the plane, and the bags keep our clothes clean. We also bring extra bags for the trip home. So pack in ziplocks!
    -We bring bug spray every time, but have never used it.
    -We bring water shoes every time, but never use them, so we are not bringing them this time. (Someone suggested bringing Oragel which numbs the baby's teeth during teething. It is supposed to help the pain if you step on sea urchins. Though we have never stepped on any at Hedo.)
    -Our Bubba Mugs were $8 at Walmart, and have already made 2 trips to Hedo. They are a must so that you can avoid constant trips to the bar.
    -Bring some meds such as: cold meds, advil, benadryl, anti-diarrhea meds, heartburn meds, antibiotic ointment (for scratches you get climbing out of the hottub, or in the caves), AZO (for UTI) and get your doc to call in a prescription for Cipro. I know, some people think I am nuts, but I would rather pack these, then have a bad vacation because I don't have them.
    Tell the doc on the phone that you plan to spend a week soaking in a hottub in Jamaica and they should happily call it in for you.
    One trip to Hedo, we met a couple on the Tuesday, Naked Catamaran cruise. The gal stayed fully dressed and looked miserable. She told us she had gotten a UTI Monday night. She went to the nurse Tues. morning after being up all night, payed $200 for the AZO and Cipro. If only I had met her earlier in the week, I could have given her mine. So go get them and bring them with you. If you don't use them, you spent $10. If you do need them, you saved $190 and a lot of pain.
    You take the AZO ($6 over the counter) for the first two days to block the pain of the UTI, and the Cipro ($4 generic anti-biotic), which takes 2 days to start making you feel better.
    -Lanyards are nice to put your keycards on. We have some for the wrist (Walmart of course!), so if we are playing tennis or working out, we can carry it with us. We have some neck lanyards that we use in the beach bag. Tie the lanyard around the handle of the bag and toss the key card into the bag. No more digging for the key, just tug on the lanyard.
    I always bring 2 cheap beach bags to carry our stuff from our room to the beach. I stuff them with sunscreen, sunglasses, book (ha, never read it though!), cards to pass out with info. (packed in ziplocks to keep the dry of course), and so on. That way, we have everything we need for the day, and don't go back to our room till dinner time.
    At the end of our stay, I fill the beach bags with the stuff we are leaving for the maids. No sense in dragging back stuff that others can enjoy.
    -We always bring some gum and hard candies. They are a hit on the plane, in the airport, on the Naked Cat. cruise, and at other times, between meals. Then we leave the extras.
    -Lysol spray, Buy a travel size, and spray your AC unit. It kills mold and stuff. Cowboy got nasal stuff our first trip to Hedo. He felt it was from the AC and others mentioned the same thing. We used Lysol the next trip and had no problems. Photogflight, we get in the same day as you, so you can borrow our Lysol if you want. And anyone else if there is some left!!
    -Hedo provides soap and shampoo in dispensers in the shower. But, with long hair, I have to bring Conditioner.
    -we bring travel sizes of shampoo/conditioner to use in the showers by the nude pool. If you come back from a massage all oily, or if you get sandy playing volleyball, you need to shower. We always end up having group showers, fun, fun!!!!!!
    -$50 all in $1 bills. This is for tips at the airport, taxi rides, etc. Maybe a few $10, or $20 for shopping, but we charge massages and stuff to the room.
    That's all I can think of for now.
    Counting the days, 35 to go!
    Cowgirl
    Last edited by cowgirl; 12-29-2011 at 08:38 PM.

I have (some) of that already. I always pack a small pharmacy with me every time I travel. I'll get the doc to give me the Cipro...shouldn't be hard. Already have the Azo. I have some huge Ziplocks for poolside stuff and packing. Also...have plenty of lube Guess I left that out in my first post LOL.

I've added the other stuff to my shopping list. And the PJs I was talking about were the sexy-wear-to-the-PJ party variety.
    Angie
    H2 27APR-5MAY 2013
    H2 4FEB-11FEB 2012

We think you are ready to go!!!

Registered User bobandlaura2004's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
    -Bring some meds such as: cold meds, advil, benadryl, anti-diarrhea meds, heartburn meds, antibiotic ointment (for scratches you get climbing out of the hottub, or in the caves), AZO (for UTI) and get your doc to call in a prescription for Cipro. I know, some people think I am nuts, but I would rather pack these, then have a bad vacation because I don't have them.
    Tell the doc on the phone that you plan to spend a week soaking in a hottub in Jamaica and they should happily call it in for you.
    Ooo.... I never thought of this. Maybe I'll just bring a large supply to share (one of the advantages of being able to write my own prescriptions)
    And I'll bring some pyridium also... a little more effective and faster than AZO...

Not as excting as the pharmaceuticals from the locals, but necessary nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by bobandlaura2004 View Post
    Ooo.... I never thought of this. Maybe I'll just bring a large supply to share (one of the advantages of being able to write my own prescriptions)
    And I'll bring some pyridium also... a little more effective and faster than AZO...

Not as excting as the pharmaceuticals from the locals, but necessary nonetheless.
    If it's not a UTI, it's a sinus infection from the disgusting AC units. Antibiotics are a good thing to have on hand!!
    Just don't forget to eat yogurt!!!

And if the antibiotics don't work.............drink more rum!!!

you can find the Bubba Kegs either online or at your local Walmart but their selection might be more limited this time of year. I got two huge ones on Ebay very inexpensive.

As well as most on here we always buy a cheap[Wallmart} watch which we put on Beach bag-for those times when you have something specific to do. If it is lost or taken -who cares and also saves on Tan lines