Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USAIR to Mobay Discount Flight From Charlotte

USAIR to Mobay Discount Flight From Charlotte

We already have a room booked for our trip this July. We have been checking the airfare to Mobay from Charlotte and it hasn't moved in a month.
    Do you think the prices will go down in Jan or Feb or should I jump on the ticket now in case they go up. Plenty of seats are left so that is not an issue.

prieline,
    hotwire
    expedia
    obitz usair
    travelocity

I think I tried them all

as long as you get there when your supposed to...We can only hold the party so long

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Memphis View Post
    as long as you get there when your supposed to...We can only hold the party so long
    There can be no party without us, We forbid all who arrive before us to consume and alcohol, have a sex or get nekkid until we arrive.
    Then we can all do it together.

Short answer: You are probably safe waiting.

I've been watching prices for months, ever since we booked our trip for July 2012 earlier this summer. I have multiple price alerts set up, not only for July, but also for February and May so I can see when other months start to drop. You are correct that ticket prices have barely fluctuated the past few months, and I think that's because of the holiday season. I anticipate that prices will start to come down in January 2012.

To put it in perspective, I bought plane tickets for our mid-April 2011 trip in January 2011. I jumped on a good deal and paid $450 rt from RDU > ATL > MBJ (I think it was on Delta, not 100% sure tho.) I probably won't get antsy about buying tickets until late Jan/early Feb.

If a decent sale comes along, I'll message you. The travel sites I use and love are Kayak.com and Hipmunk.com. My flight alerts are set up via Kayak and TripAdvisor.
    Hedo II April 19-25 2011 -- Our first visit was AWESOME
    Hedo II July 9-17 2012 -- Honeymoon visit was SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodisiac View Post
    Short answer: You are probably safe waiting.

I've been watching prices for months, ever since we booked our trip for July 2012 earlier this summer. I have multiple price alerts set up, not only for July, but also for February and May so I can see when other months start to drop. You are correct that ticket prices have barely fluctuated the past few months, and I think that's because of the holiday season. I anticipate that prices will start to come down in January 2012.

To put it in perspective, I bought plane tickets for our mid-April 2011 trip in January 2011. I jumped on a good deal and paid $450 rt from RDU > ATL > MBJ (I think it was on Delta, not 100% sure tho.) I probably won't get antsy about buying tickets until late Jan/early Feb.

If a decent sale comes along, I'll message you. The travel sites I use and love are Kayak.com and Hipmunk.com. My flight alerts are set up via Kayak and TripAdvisor.
    We can get a cheap flight if we are willing to make a connection. We are looking non stop for about 1150 total for 2 taxes etc included.

I too have been watching the same US Air CLT to MBJ flight for the last month, except our is for March and it has not moved at all in price. I also check seat availability each time and I do not think they have sold a seat in that time either!!! Getting ready to just say screw it and book anyway!!!
    Last edited by Face Down; 12-13-2011 at 08:35 PM.

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

The air question...does it ever end?? Sadly, no! We are always wondering the same thing. What we've found over the years is that prices are best either very early on or very late on....given you still have over six months, I think you are okay to wait. I've often seen prices go down 6 months out. In any event, I imagine you know what the baseline price is (what you've paid in the past and felt good about it). All that being said, July shouldn't have high prices as it's definitely off season in Jamaica...one would hope anyway.
    Liz & Chris

For those who live in Ga, we have aguy named Clark Howard he is the biggest penny pincher alive and has his own radio talk show. He has said not to buy tickets until a month or 2 before your flight. If the seats are open they want to fill them and will drop prices. We are going back in April and i will buy probably in feb. Delta hasnt dropped a penny on there flights.

This Clark Howard guy i speak of will buy 2 cheeseburgers and throw away a bun and make a double because it cheeaper than buying the double to start

Buck
    Hedo II April 20th- 27th 2011 virgin trip
    Hedo II April 22 - 28 2012 With Hedo Mojo
    Hedo II April 12 - 19 2014

Quote Originally Posted by mr&mrs View Post
    We already have a room booked for our trip this July. We have been checking the airfare to Mobay from Charlotte and it hasn't moved in a month.
    Do you think the prices will go down in Jan or Feb or should I jump on the ticket now in case they go up. Plenty of seats are left so that is not an issue.

prieline,
    hotwire
    expedia
    obitz usair
    travelocity

I think I tried them all
    we fly out of charlotte to Mobay everytime we go.. USAIR is never cheap they only drop their prices rarely.. in fact the closer you get to your departure date we have seen the prices jump dramaticaly.. so if the price is reasonable then I would go ahead and book it..We were too late this past sept and had to fly Delta with a connectiong in Atlanta.. that was a very long day.. not worth it to me..

Quote Originally Posted by hedolovers2019 View Post
    USAIR is never cheap they only drop their prices rarely.. in fact the closer you get to your departure date we have seen the prices jump dramaticaly.. so if the price is reasonable then I would go ahead and book it..
    Yep...I just said screw it and booked!!! Feels so good to have airfare done, now we just have to wait 96 days!

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

Quote Originally Posted by hedolovers2019 View Post
    we fly out of charlotte to Mobay everytime we go.. USAIR is never cheap they only drop their prices rarely.. in fact the closer you get to your departure date we have seen the prices jump dramaticaly.. so if the price is reasonable then I would go ahead and book it..We were too late this past sept and had to fly Delta with a connectiong in Atlanta.. that was a very long day.. not worth it to me..
    I know, We fly to Mobay from Charlotte everytime we go to Jamaica. We did the delta thru Atlanta one time and decided that it is not worth the money we saved. we are going to wait until the middle of Jan and if the prices don't change by then, we are going to book.

we checked on prices for this sept.. looks like 1200 for the two of us out of charlotte.. That is way out of line.. The Airfare is onlt 600 cheaper than room at Hedo...
    rockcouple62 on SLS
    HEDO 2
    Seamore's Misfits Sept 8-17 2023

Blog Entries
    With the consolidation of the airlines into just a couple of Megacompanies (US Air, American-SW,Airtran etc) and the cost of fuel going up it's probably a safe bet that flights are going up. I booked my flight for April in Nov and right now I've beat the market by $100. Now I will check right a few times right before I leave to see if it drops, but travel is up this year and the number or actual landings in Jamaica is way down (less planes arriving daily) means less available seats. If you wait till the last minute and they double the prices across the board, what do you do then? Get screwed.

And you get such a warm, secure, comfortable feeling once you get that confirmation number in your hot little hands......Book it now, take no chances, sleep well at night.

Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Phila --- Mobay 1200 ea Direct
    We're going out of JFK Carib Air -booked back in Sept at 500 ea.

Little bit of a drive but a huge savings

H2 Feb 17-21 2011
    March 30-Apr 6 2012
    March 22-30 2013
    April 11-19 2014

Return 3/27-4/4 2015

Quote Originally Posted by millionsnmilo View Post
    Phila --- Mobay 1200 ea Direct
    We're going out of JFK Carib Air -booked back in Sept at 500 ea.

Little bit of a drive but a huge savings
    We were on the Caribbean Air flights for this trip. If you have never taken them, you will love the timing. Forget VIP arrival or departure as it is not necessary. When we walked into immigration hall, they were just turning on the lights. From the time the pilot turned off the seatbelt sign to the time we were driving out of the airport was 40 minutes. Coming back to the states, there was no line getting through security.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast