Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: From Horrible to best thing ever???

From Horrible to best thing ever???

Ok... first of all, we have already booked (will be there Jan 7-14), so the bad reviews did not scare us off. Nevertheless, as first times to the resort (not the lifestyle), we decided to read many of the travel reports (not on this site).

To say the vary from "shoot me in the head" to "I have been born again", would be an understatement.

We are cetainly not going there because of the room quality (when we want to be 5 star pampered we go to the Encore in Vegas), not do we expect 3 Star Michelin rated restaurants, no we decided to go there for over all experiece of Sun, Fun, and meeting like minded people.

What surprised us on some of the reviews (and we ignored the reviews of those people who just did not get the spirit of the place), were some of the comments on the staff, security, and locals.

To sume it up: There were many comments about staff and security "trying to get into my partners pants", "hitting on my wife", "rude cat calls". Yes there were tons of super positive comments too, "filled every wish", "extremely friendly", "professional".

My first question: Did some of the reviews just get a friendly compliment as a come on, or do staffers really try to get in on the action?

Some of the negative reviews also commented about the use of drugs. (We are from Europe and make regular trip to Amsterdam... for the food...:-). It was said that almost EVERYONE trys to sell you drugs (even staff). Please remember, we could careless, but on the other hand we do not want to have to constantly dodge the question (bad enough in Vegas people trying to sell you prostitutes by clicking those stupid cards).

Once again, we are bright eyed and bushy tailed (we actually are shaved...;-) and looking forward to experiencing HedII, but if someone could answer the questions above and why there is such a huge variation between "We hated it"... and "Erase the place".

47 days to go !!!

I have never had a staffer or security guard come on to my wife other then a pleasant hello. We also never had a staff member ask us to buy drugs yes there are boats going by that will try to call you over but never anyone who worked for Hedo. Just to add we are not newbies and have been to Hedo many times.
    Alice & Lewis

Hedo July 9-July 19-2014 with the Fluffernutters
    Hedo Dec 22-29-2012 with the Fluffernutters

Totally agree with Lew... we have also been many times and have never had any issues. Does it happen ever... perhaps, but it is certainly not common. Any of these offenses would end in the termination of one of the better employment opportunities on the island. Go and have a great time... remember there is only one first time!!
    "It's not a party 'til somebody gets naked!"
    HII July 14-24, 2011
    http://www.unwindtravel.com/fluff11info.html

We have never had a problem... we've been 3 times so far. Staff are great, and have never bothered either one of us, in fact they go out of their way to remember your names and are very welcoming - most anyway. ; ) Re; drugs.... weed is easy to get if you want it... no one will bother you. Jobs are at risk if there are problems... so only those who are looking will find easily. One guy strolls along the beach selling smokes a few times a day, but he just keeps going - won't bother you or he's booted off the beach. Security guards are posted and make the rounds. They are friendly, but they do their job... which is to keep us, the guests, safe and un-pestered. Put your concerns to rest... you'll have a blast! We'll just miss you... we're there Dec. 25th to Jan 5th... Have a wonderful holiday!

I usually get asked once or twice by the boat guy or guy walking on beach but after a polite no im not interested im a Cop that is it for the week.
    Though I did take the wife on a walk down the 7 mile beach and had a guy come up and either saw my necklace or the police tatoo on my leg and say "Hey officer, want some weed? How about some X or Coke?"
    Umm really, lol.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

And the staff was very polite to everyone in our group every year, though not from our group but when there in Sept I did hear about some security guards hitting on women at night, which I did bring up to management.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

[QUOTE=rast67;152493]My first question: Did some of the reviews just get a friendly compliment as a come on, or do staffers really try to get in on the action?

Some of the negative reviews also commented about the use of drugs. (We are from Europe and make regular trip to Amsterdam... for the food...:-). It was said that almost EVERYONE trys to sell you drugs (even staff). Please remember, we could careless, but on the other hand we do not want to have to constantly dodge the question (bad enough in Vegas people trying to sell you prostitutes by clicking those stupid cards).

QUOTE]

Regarding your first question - staff are NOT allowed to play with the guests and will get fired for doing so. That being said, when they get off work they do sometimes hook up with poepl they have met and had conversations with throughout the day. There was one night that a few of the staff came to the hot tub and got some drinks and wanted to "join in on the fun" which I politely declined and they left. I don't think it is a problem and it RARELY happens and if they were to do it constantly they would be fired, so no worries there. They do flirt and carry on during the day, but it is harmless. They are VERY talented people, dance once with any one of them and you will quickly realise that, lol, they did things with me, like throwing me over and around and about that I didn't think my body could do and it was AWESOME!!!!

As for the drugs, they are readily available, but if you do not want any, whenever someone brings it up a polite "no thank you" or "I am alrady taken care of" or "I don't partake" makes them go away. And they will approach the man, not the woman, so no worries there. But it is not to the point that you can't turn around without getting it offered to you, it's just readily available.

Hope that helps
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

We're just back from trip #28 to Hedo. Re: drugs, folks will ask "You okay"....that means, do you want drugs...your choice. A simple "Yes, we're all set" or "No thanks, we're all set" is all that is needed. I've never felt anyone was bothering me about wanting drugs ever....I consider that a total non issue and especially over the past year or so when things at the resort have gotten shaken up a bit because of the management firing folks because of drug selling. Discretion is always key.

As for staff hitting on you...I've never had this happened (that I've noticed!). They would be fired immediately if anyone saw this, I also consider this a non issue. As for security, in the past (3 or 4 years ago) it did happen that a couple of security guards would hit on me...it bugged me and I told them to bugger off. It wasn't much of an issue, but it was bothersome. I've found that the recent security staff is plenty respectful ... of course if you're banging everyone in the hot tub, then your mileage may vary...but who can say (joke!!).

Hope this helps...feel free to PM if you want!

Liz
    Liz & Chris

Watch out for money in your room safe. We locked our safe religiously and yet about $150 disappeared out of it one day. In my opinion, it was obviously a staff member. When we went to hotel security they searched our room from top to bottom. Every pocket of every pair of dirty shorts to the lining in our suitcase to tearing apart our bed. Very strange. It was as if we were the criminals. At on point, when I said just forget about the stolen money, she said that if we did not let her go through our stuff then they would call the cops. Who wants to end up dealing with the cops in Jamaica? Of course the hotel did not help us at all.

Liked the atmosphere and sexuality about Hedo though. Definetly no place like it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stjaggie View Post
    Watch out for money in your room safe. We locked our safe religiously and yet about $150 disappeared out of it one day. In my opinion, it was obviously a staff member. When we went to hotel security they searched our room from top to bottom. Every pocket of every pair of dirty shorts to the lining in our suitcase to tearing apart our bed. Very strange. It was as if we were the criminals. At on point, when I said just forget about the stolen money, she said that if we did not let her go through our stuff then they would call the cops. Who wants to end up dealing with the cops in Jamaica? Of course the hotel did not help us at all.

Liked the atmosphere and sexuality about Hedo though. Definetly no place like it!!!
    We have left money out our camera and never had anything taken. I am pretty surprised to hear this we go 2 or 3 times a year never a problem nothing ever stolen.
    Alice & Lewis

I'm sure 99% of people can go without problems like that. It was definetly stolen. Some from my wallet and some from my wife's. We had bought stuff on the beach the day before so I know the money was in the safe. The hotel treated us so poorly over the deal that we transferred to Breezes. Actually had a lot of fun there and met some super people. Saw some Hedo type stuff at the beach, too!

Well 10 posts and a lot of negative that sends my radar up sorry no disrespect.
    Alice & Lewis

With almost 25 visits over a period of about 30 years, let me make a few comments:
    Crime at Hedo is negligible. There are a few customers who may be light fingered but not many.
    Drugs are available. Read the comments by Cop above. Hard drugs are generally NEVER tolerated by staff or guests. Many guests will prefer you take any drugs well away from them. Ditto tobacco products.
    There are some hard core alcoholics at Hedo. They may cause some problems. They usually get led to their rooms by staff and guests.
    As a rule guests are NOT hit on by staff. However some guests seem to think a dark skinned man is a 'target' for themselves. You can read some of the comments on this topic on this site. Put it down to underlying racism in North America.
    Most everyone who returns to Hedo does so because they have had a wonderful time. We don't look at the rooms (except the ceiling!), we enjoy the food, we sample the offerings at the bars, and enjoy the company of other guests and staff.
    We remember we are not at home and take personal security as our responsibility. We have a great time and return and return and ...
    Relax, stop reading reviews and don't plan a detailed vacation. Let the Hedo atmosphere (you might want to inhale) wash over you -- and enjoy.

PNK

We have been six times and did not have a problem until our last trip. A security gaurd made several disturbing noises towards my wife. The good thing is I went to the management and they took care of it immediately. I had to go with them to point him out and after that I never saw him again. Besides that the staff is great and this is one of the best places to vacation.
    Last edited by runner71; 11-22-2011 at 01:52 PM.

Keep in mind that the security staff are employees of a security company...they are not on staff at Hedo. Just an FYI. I think the company they are using now is doing a good job, though I did prefer the guards that kind of hid in the shadows a bit more a few years...was fun to play, 'spot the security guard' late at night. ; )
    Liz & Chris

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast