Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lobster on da beeech mon!

[from] Georgia [live] Hawaii [work] Dubai/Afghanistan

Lobster on da beeech mon!

I'm sure some of you know what I am talking about...
    The guys in the little boat and jet skis that catch and cook the fresh lobster right off the coastline; are they still there?

I saw my last time at Hedo the resort was paying closer attention to the consumption of guest that purchase the lobster. Security guards were taking your room number down I believe as a precautionary measure just in case you got sick. But yeah, yeah, whateva! THAT LOBSTER IS GOOD!!!

I'm just curious if these guys are still out there hustling the shell fish. C'mon guys...talk to me, those of you who have been there recently. My last trip ended in May and all was in tact...are we all systems go for November?

Thanks
    tECh
    tECh

Caramelone,

I will be right there with ya, I can eat my weight in lobster. I'll be following this thread fow sure. See you on the 22nd. May have to take a kayak to the island but I'm up for it.

Greg and Jen

[from] Georgia [live] Hawaii [work] Dubai/Afghanistan
    @ajv767fo
    We get there 25 Nov...just save some for me okay. I've never had to kayak to get it {looking confused}...but hey, whatever it takes. I'll swim underwater with rocks around my ankles while the tide is high to get it Okay, maybe not...but I'd try {says like a kid} really really hard LMAO! Have you had it before? {gettin' hungry thinkin' about it}

Come on 25 Nov!! {rubs imaginary lamp}
    tECh

We were there last month, still had guys coming to the shoreline selling them and they still had them accross the way on that little island. We usually take the kayak out and paddle accross to the little island and enjoy some lobster and an ice cold redstripe. Usually its $20 each, but instead of haggling the price I just ask what else they have, sometimes shrimp, fish and this past time they had conch. So we get a nice little plate for $20, and its great.
    Cop..

Attachment 4998

Attachment 4999
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Cop -- I'm new to that one. Just kayak to the island and it's all good. Just like a boat up restaurant. Do you haggle with them (it is Jamaica) or just pay the line. Sorry this is the first I've heard of going to the island for food but it sounds like a great excursion.

Do you take anything with you?

Thanks

Milo

H2 Feb 17-21 2011
    March 30-Apr 6 2012
    March 22-30 2013
    April 11-19 2014

Return 3/27-4/4 2015

Legend has it, you can go over and get great lobster.... but beware of offers for a "nature walk!" lol

Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl22 View Post
    Legend has it, you can go over and get great lobster.... but beware of offers for a "nature walk!" lol
    Nature Walk .... Hmmmmm fill me in!

H2 Feb 17-21 2011
    March 30-Apr 6 2012
    March 22-30 2013
    April 11-19 2014

Return 3/27-4/4 2015

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by millionsnmilo View Post
    Nature Walk .... Hmmmmm fill me in!
    Yes, indeed! Inquiring minds want to know! :-)

Wasn't me... another couple told me about going over, being offered a "nature walk" while the lobster cooked, and next thing she knew, he was showing (and more!) her his " big bamboo!"

Quote Originally Posted by millionsnmilo View Post
    Cop -- I'm new to that one. Just kayak to the island and it's all good. Just like a boat up restaurant. Do you haggle with them (it is Jamaica) or just pay the line. Sorry this is the first I've heard of going to the island for food but it sounds like a great excursion.

Do you take anything with you?

Thanks

Milo
    We take $20 a piece with us, every trip that is what they say it costs, you can haggle I am sure, I use my haggling to add more food to the plate. When they say ok $20 a piece for the lobster I say, what else do you have, last time we got shrimp and conch added, another time it was conch and fish. With some crackers.
    I also take my water proof camera with me, as there are always stingray's hovering around the edge of the water as we sit and eat.
    I did stop once on the way out to get my snorkel equipment (as they wont let me take it out on the kayak so I stop at the nude side and go up and get it) to snorkel half way back, there are a bunch of conch shells and silver dollars in lanes in the seaweed. Paths of sand with plenty of shells.
    Cop..
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CopNkitten View Post
    We were there last month, still had guys coming to the shoreline selling them and they still had them accross the way on that little island. We usually take the kayak out and paddle accross to the little island and enjoy some lobster and an ice cold redstripe. Usually its $20 each, but instead of haggling the price I just ask what else they have, sometimes shrimp, fish and this past time they had conch. So we get a nice little plate for $20, and its great.
    Cop..

Attachment 4998

Attachment 4999
    We are from Nova Scotia and that's NOT lobster, lol. From Ricky
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

We have been there 3 times this year and had lobster all three times!!!!

Ricky has to try it every place we go though, lol
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mac_r_a View Post
    We are from Nova Scotia and that's NOT lobster, lol. From Ricky
    Carribean lobsters do no have big front claws.
    Cop.

When grilled right, with the right seasonings, caribbean lobster is amazing....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast