Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rama Kien Resort - Pattaya, Thailand

Rama Kien Resort - Pattaya, Thailand

Has anyone heard anything about this place? The website looks promising, even if it is quite small compared to the larger resorts like Hedo. From the website main page:

This small hideaway resort welcomes open minded, liberated swinger couples (couples libertin) for adventurous, nudist holidays in a secure, private environment. Rama Kien Resort has 17 guest rooms around the pool, spread over 2 floors. The ground floor rooms are all within short distance of the pool.

Rama Kien Lifestyle Resort offers the opportunity to adventurous swingers from all around the world to spend exciting, nudist (naturist), erotic holidays in and around the pool.

Within Rama Kien, there are no limits to your imagination. Relax or have exiting moments in or at the pool, meet other couples and make your own swing party, enjoy our party-buffet on Wednesday and Saturday, have a chat and a drink at the bar or just simply do nothing. Every day at Rama Kien is a new day to explore your fantasies. To see what others think of us, have a look at our reviews!!

One of our concerns is that as it is so close to Pattaya was wondering if this was indeed a lifestyle type resort or rather a place where single guys pick up a temporary "girlfriend" out of the bars down the road for a few days of fun. The later we have no interest in being around. On the other hand if it really is a couples only place for those either in the lifestyle or curious about it, it would be great.

A few references to the place we've been able to dig up:

Rama Kien Lifestyle Resort Website
    Short Slideshow showing facilities

Looking to go there in July 2012. Any reviews from anyone on this place?

Quote Originally Posted by hkdilbert View Post
    One of our concerns is that as it is so close to Pattaya was wondering if this was indeed a lifestyle type resort or rather a place where single guys pick up a temporary "girlfriend" out of the bars down the road for a few days of fun. The later we have no interest in being around. On the other hand if it really is a couples only place for those either in the lifestyle or curious about it, it would be great.
    I found this on their FAQ:

Are singles welcome in the resort?
    No! Singles are not allowed. No single men, no single women. We are couples only. This also means it is not allowed to bring a "temporary" boy- or girlfriend. The couples who come here must be real couples, 2 singles are not a real couple.
    Hedo II April 19-25 2011 -- Our first visit was AWESOME
    Hedo II July 9-17 2012 -- Honeymoon visit was SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodisiac View Post
    I found this on their FAQ:

Are singles welcome in the resort?
    2 singles are not a real couple.
    Thats funny aint a couple usually made from 2 singles...hell do they ask for proof of marriage?

I've heard that one of the resorts... maybe Desires??... gave a couple trouble for arriving separately.
    There goes my EVIL PLAN of invading the couples only resorts! lol

Well, We are a couple, going there on our honeymoon... also this is our first nudist/swinger experience. Was just wondering if anyone has been there already and can give us a review/idea of the place - or if anyone's going there in july, we wudnt mind making some friends along the way.

Hi MindPooler, me and wife also planning for a visit in august. Base on what i researched around, this place seem to be quite alright. They very strict to their rules " No mean No" and "couple only". That is bonus for me (Before this i m aiming for desire resort, but this place is easier to access). As this is our first nudist experience, beside then preparing mosquito spray, the rest should be pretty straight forward. There wont be any event except wednesday and saturday buffet. But i heard they don allow outside food. So do prepare an agenda on where you going to eat in case the food offer is not what you would go for. I m planning to visit there for 2 weeks from mid august till end of august, kind like a honeymoon. Now is not their peak sesson, so the total pair of couple should be lesser. If you happened to visit on july, could you post us your experience? As we are 1 month later then your plan.

Our target for getting there is late September. From some chats we've had on other sites, from time to time they do let part time couples (read into that what you wish) get in, but it is the exception to the rule. It does seem that the majority of the people there are real couples and not one of the local sex tourists and his rented girlfriend.

Please do post a trip report here when you get back. We'll be sure to do the same.

C&T

Hi,

me and my wife will be there in August too. We plan to be there on wednesday 8th August and attend the wednesday night party as well. If you are going to be there on these dates we would like to catch up.

I'm Indian living in Singapore. My wife is Filipino. I'm late 40s and she is late 30s.

Regards Kal
    Last edited by kal29; 10-09-2014 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kal29 View Post
    Hi,

me and my wife will be there in August too. We plan to be there on wednesday 8th August and attend the wednesday night party as well. If you are going to be there on these dates we would like to catch up.

I'm Indian living in Singapore. My wife is Filipino. I'm late 40s and she is late 30s.

Please reply to sen1954@yahoo.com

Regards Kal
    When you get back please post a trip report. Would love to hear something recent about the environment there. For what it is worth we've read that the Wednesday night party can be slow with few people, but the Saturday much better attended. Nothing first hand though...

All the Best,

C&T

We are planning for a short visit between 29th Aug - 3 Sep, will you guys be around?

Quote Originally Posted by sunita View Post
    We are planning for a short visit between 29th Aug - 3 Sep, will you guys be around?
    Looks like we'll be there somewhere between the middle of September and the first week or two of October. Still trying to sort out the dates and logistics. Looks like we'll miss you this time around.

Has anybody been here yet? if so any reports?

cbc

Quote Originally Posted by chubbybicouple View Post
    Has anybody been here yet? if so any reports?
    We just got back from spending a week there. We are not really into the lifestyle (at least yet) but very open minded. Have also been to Hedo many years ago so we have something to compare against.

Hedo and Rama Kien are VERY different types of places. Hedo tends to be more of a party atmosphere with free flowing alcohol, all meals included, and organized activities. Rama Kien on the other hand is a very small resort (about 15 rooms or so), often during the week (keep in mind as we were there as low season) very few people and quiet. Food was really only available in the morning (a basic but good breakfast is included) however it was not hard to get good food from the resort next door.

This trip was C's first exposure to the lifestyle. I think a Hedo type environment might have been more fun and gotten her more in the mood. As it turns out it was quiet except for a few couples during the Wednesday evening party, and fully booked for the Saturday party (maybe a dozen couples give or take). We did not end up either soft or hard swapping (although the opportunities were there) during the trip however did have a good time together in the pool (PDA's were very common both for us and the other couples).

The couple that run the resort were pleasant and friendly. One thing we did note however (keep in mind we were there at low season) was that it seemed to be managed for guests on the two party nights, and these customers I felt were mainly repeat customers from the local community. We did have a few other guests at the time that came from other parts of Asia but I think their business is mainly focused on the local repeat customers. This could very well be different in the high season - but we had no visibility into that.

The fact that it was so quiet during the week for us was not a problem. We had the place to ourselves much of the time which in our situation was great. We were able to have the pool to ourselves and relax and get caught up on some well needed sleep. If you were expecting a Hedo type experience however this would not be a good selling point. Guess it depends on what kind of holiday and environment you are looking for.

My only real gripe has to do with their reservation system. It turns out that they ONLY accept PayPal as a way to secure a reservation. We don't use PayPal, and likely never will, so it was impossible to secure definite reservations in advance. It seems to me that any resort really interested in out of town guests would find a way to take at least one of the major credit cards, and/or also accept direct bank payments. PayPal as the only option is pretty close to a show stopper for us and almost did stop us from going there.

One additional point - unlike Hedo which has a nice beach and hot tub, Rama Kien has neither. Instead of the hot tub they do have a playroom which seemed to get a lot of use during the party nights. We did go out a few times during the day to visit some of the local beaches but were disappointed. Compared to other beaches in Thailand and the region they were not all that nice. In addition Pattaya really is a tourist trap, with transportation costs triple that of Bangkok, and some of the beach areas looking more like a production line rather than a natural setting.

So would we go back? Maybe but not for the next trip. We really did like the quiet nature and being able to spend quality time together in such an open environment. Next time we'll look for a more active environment to see how we can push things to the next level.....

Is Rama Kien suitable for first timers?
    We're looking for a relaxing time with resting throughout the day.
    We are going to clothing optional places because we want it to be mandatory.
    That's why we zoomed down on Rama Kien.
    Anyone planning to go late Jan'13?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast