Thread: Halloween

Halloween

We will be at Hedo October 31-November 6. We've been there before, but never for Hedoween. Do people wear their costumes to dinner on Halloween? Is there any trick or treating? As the date draws nearer we're getting excited and look forward to meeting others who will there Anniversary week!

Most people do wear their costumes to dinner.Many trick or treat from door to door (most have a sign for welcoming trick or treaters )...some give out candy others...well some unusual stuff..the anniversary as well as Halloween are off the hook.The anniversary includes ice sculptures by the pool, free t- shirts, an amazing buffet around the pool, the Ms. Hedo Contest, and so much more.They also have a Halloween costumes contest on the nude beach during the day.We will be there October 24th - November 2nd.Our 14 th trip !

Thanks for the info! We can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by jewelofga View Post
    .We will be there October 24th - November 2nd.Our 14 th trip !
    We'll be arriving the same day....hope the winds stay down...don't feel like meeting Phylis Diller LOL Honestly...can't WAIT to see you guys again
    Twelve trips under our belts.....
    We'll be back with the Amigos in March...

I think I need to just spend an entire year there so I won't miss anything, I can got to meet all the wonderful people I talk to on the forum and I get to enjoy ALL the holidays, events and special occasions celebrated at the resort. Just sayin'
    Promises may get friends but
    'tis performance that keeps them

Quote Originally Posted by fun4all View Post
    I think I need to just spend an entire year there so I won't miss anything, I can got to meet all the wonderful people I talk to on the forum and I get to enjoy ALL the holidays, events and special occasions celebrated at the resort. Just sayin'
    Somebody had figured out the cost to live there year 'round, but I can't remember the figure. It was cheaper than a nursing home though!!
    Twelve trips under our belts.....
    We'll be back with the Amigos in March...

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jewelofga View Post
    Most people do wear their costumes to dinner.Many trick or treat from door to door (most have a sign for welcoming trick or treaters )...some give out candy others...well some unusual stuff..the anniversary as well as Halloween are off the hook.The anniversary includes ice sculptures by the pool, free t- shirts, an amazing buffet around the pool, the Ms. Hedo Contest, and so much more.They also have a Halloween costumes contest on the nude beach during the day.We will be there October 24th - November 2nd.Our 14 th trip !
    Being Dutch and Czech and never having visited the U.S. during Halloween, Halloween doesn't ring any bells to us, and Hedoween possibly even less so.

What is the difference between Halloween and Hedoween?
    Is this something that is going on one day or one evening or does it last more days?
    What should we expect when you mention "unusual stuff"?

Is there any place where we can read up on this anniversary and everything surrounding it? We saw the hedo anniversary website, but that still didn't give a good idea of what to expect.

Granted, we simply booked a date without realizing that there was such a thing as Halloween or a Hedo anniversary, but now we get the impression that it is a big deal to some folks. We're curious and now simply want to understand why. :-)

Austin TX, just south of St. louis and slightly north of Negril
    Hedo celebrates its Anniversary every year obviously with the main years getting the most attention paid to them. This year is the 30th Anniversary so it will be a pretty big deal. Gary and I went for the 25th and are happy to say "Been there, Done that". IMHO, unless you are there a few days prior to all the hooplah you feel like your thrown into a party thats in full swing and your not revved up yet. We also ran into a few things that got under my skin a bit as well. The morning of the big "Anny Dinner" was the day we arrived (during breakfast) and as we were looking for a table, we saw that they all had "Reserved" signs on them. We finally found one without and went about trying to understand what was up with the signs. What we finally gathered was that everyone was saving their tables for dinner that night. Someone even came up and plunked a "Reserved" sign down on our table as we were sitting there eating. I told the lady that what she'd done was a bit rude to which she told me "Everyone's doing it". Now, granted we only went that one year and perhaps the reserving isn't the norm (for the entire D/R) but it's not something we've got an interest in. The energy at the resort is definitely very high and all of the Halloween (aka Hedoween) events seem very fun. Folks decorate their rooms and walkways as does Hedo in many of the main areas. The Anniversary website is not done by Hedo or superclubs, it's done by a group that has been frequenting Hedo 2 for the past 3ish years. I believe most of their information has been provided by board posters and other hedo guests. To get a real good solid understanding of what it's all about I would suggest finding someone that goes to H2 every year during the Halloween/Anniversary timeframe and let them give you the scoop.

Hedo Hugs to all!
    Lora
    GARY N LORA

BOSOM BUDDIES
    Feb 20 - Mar 1, 2014
    Nov 1-8, 2014

Don't forget our birthday spouses...soon we come....L.