Thread: Cell phone service

Cell phone service

We both have Verizon cell phones and I've heard that they don't have service in Jamaica. Due to babysitters we have to check in during our stay, does anyone know more about the cell phone coverage there? Can you rent cell phones and has anyone had any luck doing this? Thanks!

Kimma

i have t mobile, and i called them up and just asked about the international service, i ended up getting it free to my phone, but have to pay $1.49 a minute when i call and check on the kids. Call verizon and ask about the international calling areas. They should be able to cover jamaica. Or get Calling cards!!!
    lori & george ..... just north of Hedo
    July 11-17

Cingular worked great and is not expensive at all. You may want to try a Cingular pre paid, they may work there.

I have Verizon and had no problem in Ocho Rios. Different phones have different systems, ie analog, digital... Mine works on three different systems.

We were going to get a $25.00 International alling card from Sam's Club today(we go to H3 for the 1st time on 6/20!!!) We called AT&T customer service, llisted on the back of the card and they told us the card would NOT work from Jamaica. Jamaica has their own calling card plan that they want you to purchase from them. I'm glad we had checked into it so we didn't buy a useless card.
    First trip was to Hedo III June 2007.
    Heading back to Hedo III June 16th to 20th 2009!

the gift shop has farrin (ferrin) cards their version of a calling card its easy to use and the rates are reasonable i think it was 10 or 15 dollars for 60 min i cant really remember (all i remember is sex,drinkin,and sleep)