Thread: More newbies in Sept.

More newbies in Sept.

Been a long time lurker with no reason to post... until now! Just booked my first trip, and am super excited. Mr. SW and I are getting married in September, and when he asked me where I wanted to go for the honeymoon I had to say "Well... there's this resort in Jamaica.." Lucky for me, he jumped right on board and is about as excited as I am!

We're going September 27-October 4.

Unfortunately, it seems that we're missing some of the best groups by only a couple of weeks.. or in some cases days. Looked up a lot of travel schedules on a lot of sites, and it seems that there's the Ms. Black Nude pageant going on that week. Anybody have any experience with this? Does it cut into the regular hedo-tainment at all? Also, there's a group called the LO's listed that despite a million google searches I have not been able to find any info out about. Anybody else going to be there that week, or is this just going to be a slow week between all the good groups?

I'm sure I'll have some more questions as the trip gets ever closer, but wanted to get my introduction out there. So... HI!

Hi guys we will be there sept 25 thru oct 1 so we will c u guys there. We also googled the lo group but didn't come up with anything. Hopefully the week is awesome for us all. Anyway congrats on the wedding and we will share a hedo toast when u arrive. So long for now.

Awesome to meet another couple that's going to be there when we are. Thanks for the congrats! Me and the Mr. will definitely have to take you up on your offer of a toast when we run into you.

Okay, back as promised with the n00b questions:

1. Theme night dilemma -- So, I have what I thought was a pretty wide range of lingerie and "slutwear." I really love dressing up, but the few actual costumes I have don't seem to fit the actual themes that are listed for Hedo. I have a bunch of things I could dress up with accessories or "make" fit the theme. But the question as I'm putting things together becomes is it worth it to kind of half-a$$ a costume, or should I just wear something that's awesome on it's own even if it doesn't match the theme of the night?

2. Going off property -- Mr. Southwest and I love to travel and experience different countries and cultures. I've looked at the list of activities offered at the Tour Desk and so many of them look like fun. I know the sand-gravity is expected to kick in upon arrival, but I just can't see myself totally neglecting the rest of Jamaica when I'm there. Does anyone have any advice or experience with the excursions? Are there any "must-do's" or "not-worth-it's?"

3. Donations -- I know I've read before about people donating items to local schools and the like, but haven't seen any posts recently about this. I know some of the ECs probably have a hook-up to make sure these things get to the right places, but I just don't know the details. I also don't have a lot to bring, but I figure every little bit helps, and I've got some old school supplies, books, and toys that are gathering dust. Anything else you can suggest?

4. Drinks -- Got the bubba mugs, and I love me some rum, so I'm all set. Mr. SW however is not a big drinker except when it comes to his long island ice tea, and occasionally some whiskey. I'm pretty sure he'll be cool with whatever whiskey they have, but what about the long islands?

5. Just to round this out, let's hear everyone's "I wish I would have known _____________ before my first trip to Hedo."

Thanks for any and all responses guys. Ya'll are awesome.
    Last edited by SWNewlyweds; 08-17-2011 at 04:00 PM.

I wish there had been a forum like this before our 1st trip but I'm not sure internet was invented yet I spent far too much time worrying about body image/overweight. Seems to be my hang up because everyone treated me just great. My husband is super outgoing where I tend to hold back a bit. It's a self esteem thing but I'm working on it I would suggest you just jump right in to everything! Don't forget sunscreen, sunglasses and lipbalm with an SPF. Don't overpack. We always take some school supplies, and last time we took some of our girls (twins) clothes that they out grew but were in great shape. We gave it all to our housekeeper but i don't know if they can get in trouble for that. April will be out 6th trip and I can't wait. Check on here to see what groups are going when you are and get to know them. We have never gone off property other than snorkling cruise. I've heard Rick's Cafe is nice but we get so caught up at H2 we never go. As far as I know they should have all the makings for a Long Island tea. Hmm that may be my choice when we get there. Sorry for the long winded ramble, have a great time.

Hope you have a fun trip. Here are some ideas, tips and suggestions to help you prepare:

http://www.jwst.com/Hints.html
    http://www.jwst.com/More_Hints.html
    http://www.jwst.com/Fun_Facts.html

Redshadow -- No apologies for the rambling. Totally informative and helpful. I am sooo remembering all the sun protection stuff. Might be helpful if I worked on that "all-over tan" too huh? haha! I struggle a little bit with the body image deal, but I figure if the Mr. is happy, then I should be happy. And, I'll go through KiddoSW's old clothes to see if I can take a few of the "barely worn but now outgrown" things.

Sunset Bill -- Thanks so much for the links!

We did the pre tanning b4 we went and I think it helps

Sorry were gonna miss you guys.
    #1 - Its def worth it to fit the theme if your into it. But you can wear what ever you want, what your comfortable with.
    #2 - Ricks Cafe is ok (just don't cliff dive, surgery scheduled 9/28 for me), Dunn's falls is very nice, so is the zipline tour.
    #3 - Any school supplies are always welcome and you can just leave them at the front desk and they will get them to a needy school.
    #4 - Have not had a long island ice tea there, so can't help with that one.
    #5 - I wish I would have known to take short afternoon naps so I could stay up later with the late night party.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

We pick the nights we want to dress and do it right. Other wise you end up with two bags for just the costumes and one for the shoes.

So, we have gone on the catamaran trip to Rick's, take the trip, skip Rick's just take Binos to watch the jumpers. The "kids" 15 to 28 all loved the Zip line tour. Other then that sand grabs us.

I wish I had known; not to over pack. Our next trip may be the first I do not do that(8th? trip) I am loosing count.

Enjoy the trip.

Thanks Cop and HedoIIIlover! Both great answers. Seems like Ricks and the zipline tour are the things to do. I'll definitely check em out. And, I've been finding better options for the costumes today. Found a box at the back of the closet that I forgot I had! (Hooray!) I may be able to remember the nap thing, but the over-packing thing... now I think I'm doomed! haha!
    Trip 1 -- September 27, 2011 - October 4, 2011 Can't wait!