Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Live Update from Hedo

Blog Entries
    Winston came back from his two week trip to the States yesterday and he was in rare form on the main stage and in the Piano Bar. It was great to see him again!
    The tenderloin in Martinos was OUTSTANDING last night.
    G and I are being eaten alive by some kind of bugs. She claims it's mosquitos, but I haven't actually seen any. I think it might be red ants of "noseeums". All I know is we're all bit up. I strongly suggest anyone coming soon to pack Deep Woods Off and use it right away. By the time we started using it, it was too late. We've never gotten bug bites like this before and we've been coming every August.
    8/9/11 to 8/21/11 SOON COME, BUT NOT SOON ENOUGH!!! Kitten & Angel's Spring Fling 4/5/12 to 4/14/12

Hey can you ask Winston and other EC's if any of them are coming up to the Hedo Reunion at Sandy Hook, Gunnison Beach in NJ this year. It is Aug 26th-28th. They said Winston came last year. We will be going on Sunday the 28th (weather permitting) and wanted to know if we should keep an eye out for him.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Boozy J got bit up too pretty bad, I got some bites too, but not nearly as bad, mostly on the feet and ankles. The off didn't work very well for her-bring the strong stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by CandG View Post
    G and I are being eaten alive by some kind of bugs. She claims it's mosquitos, but I haven't actually seen any. I think it might be red ants of "noseeums". All I know is we're all bit up. I strongly suggest anyone coming soon to pack Deep Woods Off and use it right away. By the time we started using it, it was too late. We've never gotten bug bites like this before and we've been coming every August.
    It's the "no-see-ums". Negril has had them since I was going there as a kid in the 1970's: some years are worse than others, this may be the time.....

Yes, I got ate up at the end of July... never had that issue before in 8 consecutive years past. As stated, mostly feet and ankles, but was still itching violently for a week after we got back to the US.
    "It's not a party 'til somebody gets naked!"
    HII July 14-24, 2011
    http://www.unwindtravel.com/fluff11info.html

As long as the construction is not going on 8/27 - 9/1!! Don't close that nude pool. . . please!!

Can't blame the poor bugs. I am sure a lot of the guys thought about "eating you alive" as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JamVac View Post
    Bless D's heart. She goes through her regular 1 hour+ ritual EVERY day...home or away. I guess that's why she looks so good in her advanced years. At Hedo, I'd be asleep while she did her regimen and would only wake up when she closed the door leaving the room. That was my signal to get up and take the 10 minutes it took me to get ready to go to breakfast.
    And yes D always looked her best!!! Miss my morning, afternoon & evening hug!!!
    Deb and I are still laughing at all the fun we had!!
    Next Trip July 25th 2015 - August 1st 2015!
    Hedo II July 26th 2014 - August 8th 2014 The Happy Bastards Returned!
    Hedo II July 30th - August 13th 2011 The Happy Bastards Returned!
    Hedo II August 2010 The Happy Bastards Returned!
    Hedo II August 2009 The Happy Bastards 1st Reunion!
    February 2009 "The Happy Bastards" was formed!
    Hedo II August 2008 Virgin Trip
    FaceBook: "Bigdog1960"
    Happy Bastards!
    Grinnin and Barin It since 2009!!!

Blog Entries
    Well, last day tomorrow and while it may seem impossible to all of you who are counting the days, hours and seconds until your trip, we're ready to come home. 12 days is a long trip and we're beat, bitten up and ready for a change of diet. The bug bites continue to be a BIG issue. It's not sand fleas because we've been bitten in the dining room and at Martino's. We're not beach people an spend our whole day in the pool. I don't know what is biting us but we each have at least 30-40 bites and they itch like crazy.

For those of you who crave lobster, you better plan on making reservations off site. We've had lobster on the buffet both Friday nights, but they were terribly (almost criminally) overcooked - dry, tough and tasteless. Tonight's were pretty much inedible. On the bright side we've met some great people this trip and made some new close friends. It really is all about the people. The Friday night Rock Star show is absolutely the best of the week and it is fantastic! The combination of Winston, Nick and Ferrario is jusy amazing. They could go on tour tomorrow and play to sell out crowds. All have excellent voices and they harmonize very well. Next posting will be from CA.
    8/9/11 to 8/21/11 SOON COME, BUT NOT SOON ENOUGH!!! Kitten & Angel's Spring Fling 4/5/12 to 4/14/12

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CopNkitten View Post
    Hey can you ask Winston and other EC's if any of them are coming up to the Hedo Reunion at Sandy Hook, Gunnison Beach in NJ this year. It is Aug 26th-28th. They said Winston came last year. We will be going on Sunday the 28th (weather permitting) and wanted to know if we should keep an eye out for him.
    Cop..
    Spoke to Winston tonight and he said he will be at Gunnison next week.

Sorry about the bug bites. Everyone forgets something about a trip afterwards and we hope the bites are forgotton soon.

Quote Originally Posted by CandG View Post
    Spoke to Winston tonight and he said he will be at Gunnison next week.
    Woo Hoo tell him that we will be there on Sunday only, but will def look for him.
    I will have my portable beach bar I am working on now set up with my blender making Miami Vices and Dirty Bananas.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

Quote Originally Posted by rickndeb View Post
    And yes D always looked her best!!! Miss my morning, afternoon & evening hug!!!
    Deb and I are still laughing at all the fun we had!!
    Thanks. And since the conversation has turned to "noseeums", wouldn't you like to share the story of the "concoction" given to you by a "local"??

Blog Entries
    Well.......Ok! Don't want to name anyone but We went on this Boat ride (wink wink) and one of the Happy Bastards asked him if he had any suggestion's for bug bites because Deb had them pretty bad! So he come's over with this bottle of home made tea we'll call it. He tells her to take two cap fulls now and two before we get off the boat then two every day and you won't get any more bites. Then he rubbed the bites she had with Over Proof Rum and they quit itching. He told her she wouldn't get anymore bites because they wouldn't want her blood. So in about an hour Deb is doing real well if you know what I mean!! So I had to try it too!! lol Can you say liquid Brownie?? Anyhow Deb didn't get anymore bites after that. I still got a few big bites but I didn't get the hands on he gave Deb so maybe there was more to the rub down than just a rub down.

So I would suggest asking the Rasta Man to help you out!! Don't forget to help him out!!
    Next Trip July 25th 2015 - August 1st 2015!
    Hedo II July 26th 2014 - August 8th 2014 The Happy Bastards Returned!
    Hedo II July 30th - August 13th 2011 The Happy Bastards Returned!
    Hedo II August 2010 The Happy Bastards Returned!
    Hedo II August 2009 The Happy Bastards 1st Reunion!
    February 2009 "The Happy Bastards" was formed!
    Hedo II August 2008 Virgin Trip
    FaceBook: "Bigdog1960"
    Happy Bastards!
    Grinnin and Barin It since 2009!!!

Blog Entries
    The bugs were absolutely ferocious this trip and nothing seemed to work, although I have to admit that we didn't try the Rasta tea. Deep Woods Off didn't seem to do a thing. Someone suggested Skin So Soft, but we didn't have any. However if we were leaving tomorrow, we would definitely pack some. The bug bites were so bad that they actually adversely affected our trip. It seems that every was getting bit, but for some reasons the women seemed to be more affected than the men. We've concluded that they were definitely noseeums because we never saw a mosquito and we stopped walking from the prude side to the nude side along the beach and took the path instead - didn't help - and we're not beach people so that would eliminate sand fleas. One of the worst night for bites was actually IN Martinos. I'm sitting here scratching as I type.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast