Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where To Get Your Vacation Pictures Developed

I wanted to echo that you just cannot beat digital. For less than $100 you can buy an HP photoshare portable printer for your digital pictures. Many have a snall display screen so you do not even have to have a computer hooked up to it. The one we own is slightly larger than a load of bread and you can insert your memory card directly. Even though we live in a pretty large city I would still be hesitant to take film in anywhere to get it developed. Too many people know too many people, if you know what I mean.
    Nick (and the dirty girl Kerry)
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Red face

I have used York Photo for the past 10 years. Cheap. Good quality. See everyone in July

I assume nobody uses 35mm anymore. Of the digital cameras, I am looking at Canon, Nikon and Sony. Any suggestions and explanations???

Price range is up to $1000 max.

Get a Nikon D80 or D90. Even a D40 takes great pictures. Those are SLR cameras -- the higher class of cameras.
    If you don't want to get a DSLR, then get one of the top of the line Nikon Coolpix cameras -- they take great pictures and are very easy to use.

I have a Canon EOS Rebel DSLR and LOVE it! And It's in your price range.

We have a Cannon SX1 (digital superzoom) and it takes amazing pictures.
    Before you buy think about SLR/Superzoom.
    Superzoom = lighter but the screen washes out in sunlight and the eyepiece is digital and grainy as hell.
    SLR = Awesome through the eyepiece view but heavier.
    Also the back screen is very inconvenient if you need reading glasses because you will be fighting with your glasses to get a shot off. The eyepiece will have an optical adjustment and you might wind up using it a lot more than you think.

Remember: show up with an expensive DSLR (any make) and watch some paranoid guest rip it out of your hands and pitch it into the water. Ditto if you try sly photos on you iPhone. Unless you are quite a photo pro, stick to the lowest cost digital you can get. There are really very FEW photo ops at Hedo these days -- so many people are really paranoid they'll be outed by the Internet. For 'show the folks our vacation' shots and cheap camera is OK.

In any case NEVER point a camera lens at anyone you do not know, period. And never slink around with your camera. Be right up front, let people know you are shooting, and what, and be prepared to show (on the screen) what you just shot. That means digital.

PNK

Mind you, I've got a great collection of Hedo photos fro the last 30 years. Not for sharing!

Like one other person said, I would go to a Walgreens and use their self service printer. You can even make a couple larger ones of your favorites. Go around 8:00 at night and it is pretty quiet. A bit more pricey but you print only what you want in the size you want. BTW you can also photo shop with this servie if you want to "touch up" a few pictures.

Do Not take a good camera to Hedo!!! You could do so years ago (I have loads of friendly nude beach photos) but not any more. Do not even take a smart phone down to the beach. Get a small, possibly waterproof, camera. Take it on the cat cruise. take it off campus, use it to take all the photos you want before 10:00 am, anywhere. Then lock the camera away in the safe. Leave the DSLR at home (unless you are a certified camera nut and know how to deal with crowds of scared Hedo visitors. The photographers on pro photo-shoots know ALL the rules. If you are asking, then you don't. So no good cameras.

PNK

I agree with PNK...do not take your smartphone or any phone to the beach....and leave the expensive camera at home as well. I've seen pissed off people toss cameras in the water....yup...right in the water. And over the years I've seen people lurking out of windows taking photos, hiding cameras under towels taking photos (seen that quite a few times), under napkins during shows where they announced "no pictures" taking photos....it doesn't go over well and will get you ostracized real quick...and maybe you lose the camera/phone....some people are VERY sensitive on the photo issue.

On the other hand I'm down at the beach early and I often see couples come down to take some pictures before (almost) anyone is there....I don't mind helping out and taking a picture of the two of them together if they ask. Security doesn't usually give you any problem at that time if there is no one or next to no one on the beach. And you can always get pictures on the prude side, snap away over there.

We switched to digital years many years ago and are happy with that. We have quite a collection of photos which I've pared down over the years....makes me laugh every time I go thru them....that's some crazy stuff we get up to.

Enjoy & be safe with your goodies! ; )

Liz
    Last edited by chrisandlizvt; 07-04-2010 at 09:41 AM. Reason: typos
    Liz & Chris

Blog Entries
    I'm leaving my camera at home this year. All my pictures suck anyway, but my friends take really nice, fun pictures and I get them all on-line off F'book or similar.
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

I get mine done at Walmart... digital camera as well. I print my own copies while I wait... doesn't take long, and it's still dirt cheap. Good luck with film! Great ideas on here though...

Quote Originally Posted by duke10 View Post
    Like one other person said, I would go to a Walgreens and use their self service printer. You can even make a couple larger ones of your favorites. Go around 8:00 at night and it is pretty quiet. A bit more pricey but you print only what you want in the size you want. BTW you can also photo shop with this servie if you want to "touch up" a few pictures.
    Even better My wife works for walgreens and they are doing away with the manned photo centers...so its all done now by you..if your digital...I'm a Video producer by trade and its second nature to have a camera in hand.... I agree with whats been said go early get your snaps and not the slaps....Morning light is better light on a naked body ( no glare) on those important shapes. Memories last along time, A picture can last longer!!!

Oh, If you come to My room dont worry about the lights or backdrops Or the multiple DVC's I'm just a perv.....
    Last edited by Ken_Memphis; 09-16-2011 at 07:57 AM.

Cool

With the four couples (four nationalities) that we were with in Hedo 2 in December 2010 we shot almost 700 pictures.

I put up a secure account and upload possibility on my server and everyone uploaded all the pictures they wanted to share with the others in our group. That way everyone could see (and download) them all, and print out any they wanted.

Granted, we kept the images focused on ourselves and shot a few of the shows by the staff. None of the guests complained because we bothered no-one (although the general manager wasn't too happy with another couple where he was lying on our dinner table on the prude beach and she "drinking" a shot of tequila on him... and him seeing us taking pictures of that).

I'd print them myself, your really going to take the chance to have somebody maybe make a copy?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast