Thread: Our trip first trip report in 5 years (very long sorry)

Our trip first trip report in 5 years (very long sorry)

Well, since we have just returned back and are still trying to get into the whole "clothing is a must" mentality, I figured that I would write our trip report. In our 5 times of going, I think that this might be our first report so it is going to be long winded. I would recommend a comfy chair and a drink for this one.

Our first day was kind of nerve racking because I am the type of person that when I am traveling, I want to have everything done BEFORE we need to get on the plane or get to the resort. Well, this trip, I had paid for everything but did not have a seat number on the plane until we actually checked in. Not sure if this is normal or just something I may have done when purchasing the tickets but it made me nervous until we actually sat on the plane. The flight was uneventful and security and customs in Montego Bay airport were very quick. Once we got to the Superclubs check-in desk, we instantly ran around the corner to Margaritaville and got our first drinks with a lot of ice. We didn't want a lot of ice because of the strength of the drinks but it is because we took a bottle of Mango Rum for the bus ride and the ice will help with that.

Once on the bus, we started drinking and could not wait to get to the resort. Was kind of nice that it was only us and another couple on the bus because nobody noticed us "having fun" in the back. Everything was great until we pulled into the driveway of Hedo II and hit the VERY LAST speed bump to which I spilled my drink all over myself. Not the way I wanted to finally meet some folks that I have talked to for a long while on here but had never had the chance to meet until this trip.
    Got to the front desk and everything went smooth while I stood there and felt a big sigh of relief when they gave us our room number. Right then and there, my vacation officially started. I turned around to walk through the main hall and saw another group there meeting their folks and that is when I meet the first of many people that I have talked with on here, Nick n Kitty. If you have not met them or talked with them, I would highly recommend it. They are really great people to know. They then introduced us to others that were standing around and handed me my first shot of way too many to count for the week. My first line of business....BAR!! I was pointed in the right direction where I then proceeded to have 4 more beers and 3 more shots (can you see where this is going and it is only the first day!!) Needless to say, after about 4 more shots and 4-5 more beers, I was taking my first nap of the trip at about 4:30-5 p.m. and we only arrived at 11 a.m. Woke up later in the night with the first hangover and went to dinner. Not letting the headache stop me, Kristy and I had a great dinner at Munisan and later went back to the bar. Now if anybody has ever met me, I love to wear some shirts that will get a laugh and the first one of the trip did not fail. It helped all night breaking the ice with everyone there and this is how we got to meet so many more great people. Now we were traveling with a group and knew that there was another group there but had no idea how many of them there were going to be!! It seemed like every time we turned around, there were 4 or 5 more and each one nicer than the other. We continued talking with everyone when someone suggested we go to the piano bar. Ok, like I had said earlier, this was our 5th trip and all of the other times, the trip was at H3 so we really weren't expecting too much for the piano bar. WOW!!!! This place was rocking!! EVERYBODY was in there singing, dancing and having a great time. Kristy and I were so happy that H2 was turning out to be a great place. We ended up leaving there and then going to the hot tub for a while. The pool on the nude side might be smaller at H2 but the hot tub is almost the same size. We ended up staying in there for a while and having some fun before going back to the room for the night.

Sunday......where do I begin to describe Sunday. I think the best way to describe it is that I "lost my man-card and was acting like a Woman and a NON-HEDO Woman at that!" Mind you this was said to me by a woman which made it even worse. Woke up and went to breakfast and I have to say that the buffet is better at H2. I liked everything there and the best part is that the bacon was cooked all the way instead of just a little. After finishing up breakfast, we decided to go back to the nude pool but only after Kristy came back to the room with a smile on her face like a kid at Christmas. She had found our rock that was brought over from H3. I could not believe that she walked all over to look for it but she was happy so I was happy. Once at the nude pool, there was a big crowd there but not to the point where you could not move around. Everyone was having a great time, I am enjoying the beer, when I hear "Hey anyone want to play flip-cup?" Now I like a drinking game as much as the next guy but was not sure how this was going to happen in the pool. Found out that the other group I had mentioned AWOL have this HUGE mug that is always filled up with WOOWOOs. Well that is what we played flip-cup with and on one of the round tables in the pool. Now by this time I was feeling pretty good and was playing well, made it to the finals in the first game so not so bad since I am kind of shy when meeting people or joining in the first time, no comments from the peanut gallery (you know who you are) but once in I relax have a great time. Apparently it started to thunderstorm and we were asked to get out of the pool. I didn't mind this since I was hungry and we walked over to the grill by our room and apparently got some food. This is where the above comments will start to make sense. I say apparently because by this time, it was around 4:30 in the afternoon and I passed out cold! I was done. Kristy went to dinner and came back to try to wake me and I didn't move. The next thing that I remember was waking up at 4:30 a.m. I could not believe that I passed out for 12 hrs and blew the entire evening. First thought was "oh god what did I do at the pool. I know I did something stupid." Kristy assured me that I did nothing wrong so I was not going to mention any of this to anybody.

Monday. Well the idea of not mentioning anything to anybody went right in the crapper once I got to the pool and EVERYONE was asking what happened to me. Finally I admitted what I had done and couldn't help but laugh about it once all the razing started. Apparently, the games of flip-cup that I played were more then what I remembered. I thought that I only played 1 (with 10 people so I did 10 shots). Oh boy was I wrong. I was then informed that I played about 7-8 games of it each time with as many people. Gee, no wonder I passed out at 4:30 p.m. In our 5 yrs of going, I have never drank any water while in the pool, it was always a frozen drink or beer. Let me tell you, I drank more water that day then ever. The scary thing is later in the afternoon, it was like a bell was ringing again "Hey anybody want to play flip-cup?" I cringed but had to man-up and try to redeem myself. Kristy could not believe I was going back for more. I decided to let her try her hand out this time and just sat back and watched. While watching though, I started to get flash-backs of why I don't remember that many games. It was when I saw shots being poured that were about half a cup! Hey I remember commenting on that while playing but yet still doing them and flipping away. (Thanks Kitty). Dinner was again very good and again, we decided to go to the piano bar but called it a night after that. I was still a little under the weather and she was tired so it was fine with me.

Tuesday. I had the day behind me now and I was ready to start drinking again. We were still wondering what was going on with the group we had booked with since we only talked with 1 other couple that was with them and we had met them a few trips back. Well since we couldn't find anything with them, the other group was very welcoming to us and made sure that we had a good time. Another day, another round of flip-cup and more WOOWOOs along with everything else but made sure I was not going to lose another night. I was still hearing about it from everybody in the group and it didn't help that we were the "outsiders." We had talked with them before the trip and were not sure if we would be able to join in but we took some "gifts" anyway just in case. Glad we did because being part it was great. Afterwards, we went for Italian for dinner and it was good. With just the 2 of us, everything was nice and never felt rushed. After dinner, the group had made the night "glow" themed so anything that you had that would glow was going to be perfect. Well, thanks to my wife, I had the SMALLEST pair of shorts on that were basically fishnet all over except for the front. Walking to the piano bar was interesting as things kept creeping up higher and higher. Once there, again, the place was rocking. We sat down for a little while and that would be when the shorts went from that to a thong. Not the most comfortable thing in the world let me tell you guys and you can't look manly trying to pry them out of your butt either. We all then decided to go to the disco and once there, got a few drinks and people were dancing but the EC's decided to stop and have a contest of the smallest outfits on since it was also PJ night. This was about the time that the wife wanted to go to the room to get a hair clip since her hair was bugging her and what a surprise....an EC comes over, strips me nude and drags me into the middle of the floor for the contest. Wasn't bad enough that I was out there, nude against other women, but that only a hand full of people clapped for me (not what you want to build self confidence either especially when your naked). Shocker, I didn't win but did get second. Got back to try to get dressed and what a surprise....the wife returns. She comes up to me and is just smiling and saying "I heard what just happened". Oh really, you heard that they stripped me naked and drug me on the floor? That made her laugh even more because nobody bothered to tell her that I was naked. Again, not a confidence booster but we all had a good laugh as we walked to the pool. Hung out in there and tried to got the hot tub but it was packed so we called it a night.

Wednesday. This day we were asked if we wanted to go to Margaritaville which was about 15-20 minutes away. Since I have never left the resort (no need to with all the food and drink there) we went. The bus picks us up and I really think that this bus is going to never get us there. We all get on this thing and are praying for the windows be able to be opened because it was a sauna on this bus. I look forward and I notice that it is a stick shift but better than that, the stick comes straight up and then bends in a 90 degree turn directly towards the front of the bus. How the hell do you shift gears like that? Once we got started, the driver was trying to figure that out as well as he was grinding them trying to get to another gear. Oh well, it got us there and it was nice. The beach was a nice size and the water was beautiful! We finally had a chance to talk with others in the AWOL group and got the meet the other hosts Rick & Ivy and Bob & Steph. Seeing how all the host/hostesses are and treat everyone it is obvious why this group is as large as they are. After a few hours it is time to leave so we walk out to the bus and the driver is carrying 2 pitchers of water to the bus. "Have to water the bus". Have to water the bus??? WTF?!?!? Are you growing something in there? Are animals running in circles to get the bus moving? What was he talking about? We tried to explain it to others when he came out again with 2 more pitchers. We didn't care but just wanted to go back and get naked. It was way too hot for clothes. Once we got back, we had enough time to go to the pool before we were to go to dinner at Munisan with a few other AWOLers. The theme for the night...masquerade. I had bought the masks but the wife did not let me down. The outfit she had on was incredible along with her boots (I made her take them and told her that no matter what they have to go). Lots of compliments on her (hell with me just look at her). After the piano bar, we tried the disco but it was slow so off to the pool again. Had fun in the pool and then was able to move over to the hot tub for more fun before calling it a night at 4 a.m.

Thursday. Thursday started off just like all the other days, breakfast at the buffet and taking our time before going to the pool. This was a busy day because like I had said, AWOL had been gracious enough to adopt us so one of their couples was getting married so we hung at the pool until it was time for the wedding. Great wedding and it was even better to see all the people there. Not every day that you have a wedding in a different country and still have over 120 people show up for it. One of the biggest reasons why we like AWOL is because they are one huge family. After the wedding, we went back to the pool and then there was a group dinner that we were also invited to. Have to tell you that both us of really were surprised and grateful because we were accepted and welcomed into this group. The group dinner that was put on was very nice. The hosts spoke a little and then presented members with gifts and to us it was nice to see a group give back to the people within it (honestly not trying to sell anything here but we were really impressed all week). After that, a group went to dinner for Italian. This was the only down thing I can say, the service was very slow (everybody blamed me because I changed up my pasta order) but dinner with the group was still nice. Once finished, yep, another night at the pool/hot tub.

Friday. The last full day there so we all decided "Go big and then go home". Everybody that brought any other different alcohol with them (we brought a bottle for the bus ride) brought it all out and we made sure to finish off as many as possible. Everybody helped but I can honestly say that Steph and I really put a hurtin’ on the bottles (i think we killed 5-6 ourselves). Shockingly, there was more flip cup so we had to partake in that one last time. We finally got out of the pool i think around 6-7 and went to dinner. The last night was Lobster night so as many tails as you wanted. They weren't that bad but a little dry and I believe this what did not sit well with Kristy so unfortunately we couldn't go to the pool our last night. We were able to just go and say goodbye to everyone in case we missed them on Sat but were sad that we could not stay at the pool.

Saturday. This was a sad day because everybody was packing and leaving at different times so we made sure that we were up and at the front by 7:45 so that we could say good bye to everyone. The largest group left at 8 but every hour there were more people there leaving and those still there were able to send people off with a "proper" send-off. The flight home was uneventful and we were sad to have to leave but it was nice to get home and sleep in our bed. We’re already talking about the trip next year and what we will be doing differently.

Again, sorry but apparently I am long-winded especially since this is our first report.

Overall, everything was great. The grounds we thought were nicer, more spread out and nothing piled right on top of everything else. The rooms were nice (GVN) and the only thing we would change is the bathroom doors should swing out not in. Food was very good and we thought the buffet was better here then H3. As far as people, we wouldn't even begin to know where to start with this. We meet so many great people that we would be afraid to start calling everybody out but:

TO THE HOSTS:

Rick and Ivy: Incredible hosts with the group and even better people to know. Can't wait to get to know you better.
    Nick and Kitty: After all the years of talking on here, we finally got a chance to meet each other and the experience did not let us down.
    Bob and Steph: Yet another great couple that never let you down and can dish it out as much as they can take it. Hope to see you guys soon.

Everyone in AWOL:

Can't begin to start with names because this report will be 3 times the size but let's just say that everyone LOVES to party and if you’re not having a good time or maybe a little under the weather, everyone here looks out for everyone else and really makes this one big family. I do believe we found a new home with AWOL.

I think that I have finally finished this so if I have any WooWoos before next year it will be too soon but if I do, it better be during flip cup and I had better not be the only one yelling "To Whores!"
    Again with flip-cup??

4/24-4-29 2006
    5/12-5/19 2007
    11/3-11/10 2007
    5/2-5/9 2009

7/30-8/6 2011 First time at H2
    7-28-8/4 2012 H2

lol...yes it was long winded..and yes...DINNER WAS LATE BECAUSE YOU WENT ALL CUSTOM ON YOUR PASTA DISH!!!!...lol...glad that you had fun, it was nice meeting you guys.
    Last edited by weliveinvegas; 08-11-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Ivy and Rick
    "AWOL 2016, Let's Get Together"
    www.awoltravelgroup.com

Next Trip: Hedo II, 7/23 to 7/30, 2016

Thanks for all the kind words Jim (and the bodacious Kristy)- we look forward to seeing you guys again sooner rather than later. Feels like we have made some new long time friends to us.
    Nick (and the scurrilous Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

No such thing as a trip report that is too long or too late.

I dreamt of Hedo last night. I dreamt we were transferring from another hotel... it was great. <sigh><dif>.

Thanks

Nick, you have definitely made some life long friends. We have talked like that as well. Can't wait to see you and everyone else as soon as possible.
    Again with flip-cup??

4/24-4-29 2006
    5/12-5/19 2007
    11/3-11/10 2007
    5/2-5/9 2009

7/30-8/6 2011 First time at H2
    7-28-8/4 2012 H2

Thanks for the trip report. M and I are only able to get our Hedo fix vicariously this year, so we appreciate you sharing. Glad you had fun.

Hi Jim and Kristy! Great report. It was wonderful meeting y'all. Hope to se you again next year. TO WHORES!
    Hedo II: July 29-August 3, 2012
    Hedo II: July 31-August 5, 2011
    Hedo III: August 2006

www.awolinhedo.com

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Thanks for the great report. We leave Thursday for our first Hedo trip. Can't wait.

OMG, I didn't realize the Jim and Kristy we met at H2 were the "jimandkristy" here. Avatars can be deceiving! Glad you had a great time with AWOL and looking forward to seeing you again next year.

Blog Entries
    Great report!! Never to long!!
    Glad to have finally met you guys!!
    Next Trip July 25th 2015 - August 1st 2015!
    Hedo II July 26th 2014 - August 8th 2014 The Happy Bastards Returned!
    Hedo II July 30th - August 13th 2011 The Happy Bastards Returned!
    Hedo II August 2010 The Happy Bastards Returned!
    Hedo II August 2009 The Happy Bastards 1st Reunion!
    February 2009 "The Happy Bastards" was formed!
    Hedo II August 2008 Virgin Trip
    FaceBook: "Bigdog1960"
    Happy Bastards!
    Grinnin and Barin It since 2009!!!

Great trip report, it really helps us with dealing with DIF reading a good report like this.
    Thanks.
    Why is all the Rum gone, Ohh
    Nov. 2010
    Nov. 2009
    June2009