Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you all think of the disco music at hedo II ?

What do you all think of the disco music at hedo II ?

We just got back from our third trip to hedo II . Are we just to damn old? does the music in the disco fit the crowd? What do you think?
    Last edited by gemfields; 08-01-2011 at 01:39 PM. Reason: typo

this time last year it was absolute sh**e!! The music really let the place down - also generally poor involvement with the theme nights - but perhaps we just had a bit of a dull crowd!

The DJ is under the assumption that he was hired to create a music selection for young Jamaicans at a local dance hall...under this assumption he more than likely does well...however your typical Hedo guest has most likely never been at a local teenage dance hall, nor would want to...so in our humble opinion it is barely tolerable, let alone danceable...but we will try for a few minutes each trip
    Sabina and Scott
    NEW YEARS EVE H2
    Dec.27 to Jan.5th 2019

12th Anniversary New Years Like No Other!!

It's only Hard Core when YOU'RE not doing it!!!

Blog Entries
    We just got back and found that the music in the disco is atrocious. We stopped by a few nights and tried to hang int here but there was nothing recognizable. I don't even think that the locals like that music. It was just bad!
    Next: H2 - Nov 5 - Nov 14 2015 Dirty Perv
    H2 – 5- 24 - 5-28-14
    H2 – 10 24 - Nov. 2 '14
    Desire - RM&Pearl – 6-26 - 7-2-14
    H2 – LVD 11 8 - 16, 2013
    H2 – Jul 22 - 31, '12
    H2 - Dec 5 - 11, '11
    H2 - Jul 22 - 29, '11
    H2 - May 28 - Jun 4 '11
    H2 - LVD Fest - Nov 13 - 20, '10
    H3 - Jul 23 - 26 '10
    H2 - May 29 - Jun 5 - '10
    H2 - LVD - Nov '09
    Gr. Lido & H2 May 2009 Wedding&Hnymoon
    H2 July - '06: H2 - Oct '07: H2 - May '08

Blog Entries
    Yea and goddamnit, I want to dance, yes the music sucks at the disco and at the pool most of the time. That's why I bring my own ipod boombox, I just wish they'd let me run that disco for the evening, I'd have the place jumping to some fine danceable jamaician tunes. The stuff they play is way to edgy for me, and the shame is Jamaica is just full of the finest music, danceable or otherwise.
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

I am jealous you could go in long enough to realize the music sucked! PLEASE let it be cooler in there in September!

I have yet to be at a resort that had good music playing in the disco
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Registered User CARRIBEAN BUFFS's Avatar
    Last time we were there, there was rarely anyone in the disco. JMHO, but the routine the resort has, watch the show, to the piano bar, the disco doesn't open until the piano bar closes, makes it difficult for a crowd of any size to gather at the disco.
    It takes time for the party to get going, where the crowd can influence the music being played. But people wander in, see it's dead, then leave and head for the hottub. I think the disco and piano bar should be open simultaneously, giving people the choice, and the disco the time to party up, early enough, before heading to the hottub.

Hedo 3 was always good. Hedo 2 disco music sucked, and they need a dance cage. There was always lots more involvement from the entertainment staff to get things going at 3. This year, I heard one of our leaders asked them to change the music and was ignored... What can we say, the disco needs work.

Hedo II - 20 - 27 July 2011 - Hedo II, The Naughty Side.
    Hedo III - 24 - 31 July 2010 - Hedo III, Part Deux.
    Hedo III - 26 - 31 July 2009 - Popping our Hedo Cherry.

You will find us no where near the disco, don't like the music and it is way too loud. So if anybody is getting old I guess it is us. The music does seemed to be geared to a demographic we clearly don't belong in. Would be cool if they had some theme nights, like an oldies night, 70s, 80s, whatever so there is some variety and play it at a level where you can dance but if you might want to say something to somebody they could actually hear you.

We agree!!! Music sucks!! I feel since we are the ones paying to stay and use the Disco we should at least be able to dance and request songs!!! We tried to request some songs in June when we were there and the DJ was actually very rude to my husband!! He said the music was good and we looked around and no body was dancing everyone was just standing there waiting.... I would say there were 10 couple wanting to dance but couldn't to what they were playing!! This is my biggest complaint (because I love to dance and don't get a chance all year) I wish we could do something about it!!! Maybe we could all send a email asking if they would start taking request !!!

Registered User CARRIBEAN BUFFS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigC View Post
    We agree!!! Music sucks!! I feel since we are the ones paying to stay and use the Disco we should at least be able to dance and request songs!!! We tried to request some songs in June when we were there and the DJ was actually very rude to my husband!! He said the music was good and we looked around and no body was dancing everyone was just standing there waiting.... I would say there were 10 couple wanting to dance but couldn't to what they were playing!! This is my biggest complaint (because I love to dance and don't get a chance all year) I wish we could do something about it!!! Maybe we could all send a email asking if they would start taking request !!!
    Not a bad idea!! It does seem like the disco is just an afterthought to the management and staff there. As someone previously said. It wasn't that way @ H3. Maybe they need a reminder of how many of us would love to use the disco more if they played music we could all get into.

Touch Fever, Touch Fever......IT SUCKS. I thought I was just too old to enjoy it! We don't go there to listen to the cr*p they play in the disco........

Blog Entries
    The music seems to get worse and worse with every trip! When we first started going there back in 2000 we used to dance song after song until we were just too tired to dance anymore! I agree that we don't go to H2 for the disco, but we love dancing and it adds a fun element to our sexy, fun, adult vacations! We're hoping they do something about the music in the disco soon! ugh
    Next: H2 - Nov 5 - Nov 14 2015 Dirty Perv
    H2 – 5- 24 - 5-28-14
    H2 – 10 24 - Nov. 2 '14
    Desire - RM&Pearl – 6-26 - 7-2-14
    H2 – LVD 11 8 - 16, 2013
    H2 – Jul 22 - 31, '12
    H2 - Dec 5 - 11, '11
    H2 - Jul 22 - 29, '11
    H2 - May 28 - Jun 4 '11
    H2 - LVD Fest - Nov 13 - 20, '10
    H3 - Jul 23 - 26 '10
    H2 - May 29 - Jun 5 - '10
    H2 - LVD - Nov '09
    Gr. Lido & H2 May 2009 Wedding&Hnymoon
    H2 July - '06: H2 - Oct '07: H2 - May '08

We like everything about the disco at 2 except the music... As said before, do they even look at who pays the bills there? Do we look like a hip-hop crowd?
    Mikey and Diane

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast