Thread: First Timer Questions...

First Timer Questions...

Im sorry if these questions are redundant but, I searched and I am new here!
    A bunch of friends and I are thinking abot Hedo II at the end of September when we all have off. Basically, I have a few questions:
    1.) Whats the age group like at that time? We are all in early 20s
    2.) There are 2 in our group who are gay, will they fit in? Still ahve fun?
    3.) How full will the resort be last weekend in september into october?
    4.) When are clothes necessary? Eating?etc...

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by rama04; 07-31-2011 at 08:02 PM.

Hi...this is kingkat's kitten. We will be there the last week of sept. Gay is great! There's fun for everyone. We're mid to late thirties... age groups are diverse but everyone is young at heart and spirit. As far as clothes are conserned go to official site and refer to the themes for each night...honestly that's all the clothing(costumes) u really need. Hope ur group makes it there when we are and if so put yourself on the calendar for that week and drop us a hello.

So we eat nude too?

Only at the nude beach grill.

1, you will be fine. Lots of age groups and all think they are 20 something when there.
    2, They will have lots of fun with you too.
    3, Don't know, and no matter being at Hedo is great. We have been when both not so full and very full.
    4, The only time you need to have your clothing on is when your in the main eating, restaurant, stores and reception.
    The "prude" side tends to be where you will see most people in clothing as well.
    The "nude" side is just that. Once your on the nude beach area clothing is OFF including the nude bar, grill, pools.
    The beach bar and gril across from the Disco seemed to be clothing Optional on our last trip in July.

I know that everybody always likes to say that age doesn't matter at Hedo and that it is all how old you feel. And that's fine for us older farts to say. But honestly, for a small group of early 20 year olds... you will likely be disappointed. Most of those there will be 40's and 50's and when you are 20 that is like trying to party with your parents. The nude thing isn't that big a deal and you'll see very little eye candy as the average joes in their 40's and 50's are sagging and overweight (not all, but most). You would probably have much better time in Cancun at some of the party resorts there. We've been to Temptation and the crowd there has more younger people.

I don't think the gay thing would matter at all at either resort.

As for how full the resort will be... you're probably looking at about 15 to 25% occupancy but that will be the same at any carribean resorts during that time of year. We've been there during the low times like this and wouldn't go back. It is a lot more fun when the resort is fuller and the energy levels are higher. And don't forget that this is hurricane season at this time in Jamaica so you take a bit more risk with the weather.

It's not that you can't have a good time at Hedo if you are prepared with this knowledge and your own group may be enough to keep you occupied, but you also have to consider the cost. Hedo is expensive (up to twice the cost) compared to the other party places that you could go in Cancun. A week at Hedo in early Oct will get you 2 weeks at Temptation or 10 days there during the fun busy season of winter. It won't be nude, but the ladies will be topless, and a lot younger.

Most people on this board will jump down my throat for these comments but I am just trying to be realistic and help you out. We love Hedo, and will spend a month there next winter. But we are in our 50's and most of the crowd will be our age.

Thanks for the honesty. I think we all just want to have the thrill of the nude experience. I am thinking it is something we want to do, so lets just got but not for the full week. We will probably stay there for a couple nights just to experience the place.
    Thanks Again!
    More opinions and experiences are welcome!!

I think you'll have a great time as long as you are all social! Age really does become less of an issue, and non-couples do not have nudeage options
    PLUS, if you take advantage of the free water sports (scuba, snorkel, water ski, kayak...) It is well worth your money!

Quote Originally Posted by rama04 View Post
    Im sorry if these questions are redundant but, I searched and I am new here!
    A bunch of friends and I are thinking abot Hedo II at the end of September when we all have off. Basically, I have a few questions:
    1.) Whats the age group like at that time? We are all in early 20s
    2.) There are 2 in our group who are gay, will they fit in? Still ahve fun?
    3.) How full will the resort be last weekend in september into october?
    4.) When are clothes necessary? Eating?etc...

Thanks!!!
    Hello,

1) Check and see what groups are going to be there when you are considering, talk to them and get a feel if they are people that you want to hang out with. If they are not, you can still have fun without a group. Early twenties shouldnt be a problem. Age is not as important a factor as maturity it. There are a lot guests older than you that can be less mature than early twenties.

2) Being gay; In five trips to Hedo, I have never seen any gay male activity. Its not really accepted in Jamaican culture, (or the ladies, or the open sex or the....Jamaica off resort is a very Christian culture). Im sure it happens, just never seen it. I imagine they will be as accepted by everyone providing that they are not offensive. In general terms, if you are a good person with half decent social skills, you will have a great time and be accepted at Hedo, regardless of how much you weigh, if you are missing a breast from surgery, are old, young, prefer the same sex, how many scars you have, stretch marks, hair or no hair, big boobs, small boobs, big bamboo, small bamboo.....

3)Check out the visitor schedule here CLICK HERE FOR LINK.

4)Like a true nudist resort, you still want to be hygenic. Dont sit anywhere without a towel. Please. Something to cover your private areas should be worn in the dining room area, restaruants, office, and some would say on the prude side, though that is not enforced often. If you want to eat naked, you can take your food to the nude beach or nude pool or just get your delicious treats directly from the nude grill.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
    ScubaSteve Video

Rule #1) Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by funfortwo View Post
    I know that everybody always likes to say that age doesn't matter at Hedo and that it is all how old you feel. And that's fine for us older farts to say. But honestly, for a small group of early 20 year olds... you will likely be disappointed. Most of those there will be 40's and 50's and when you are 20 that is like trying to party with your parents. The nude thing isn't that big a deal and you'll see very little eye candy as the average joes in their 40's and 50's are sagging and overweight (not all, but most). You would probably have much better time in Cancun at some of the party resorts there. We've been to Temptation and the crowd there has more younger people.

I don't think the gay thing would matter at all at either resort.

As for how full the resort will be... you're probably looking at about 15 to 25% occupancy but that will be the same at any carribean resorts during that time of year. We've been there during the low times like this and wouldn't go back. It is a lot more fun when the resort is fuller and the energy levels are higher. And don't forget that this is hurricane season at this time in Jamaica so you take a bit more risk with the weather.

It's not that you can't have a good time at Hedo if you are prepared with this knowledge and your own group may be enough to keep you occupied, but you also have to consider the cost. Hedo is expensive (up to twice the cost) compared to the other party places that you could go in Cancun. A week at Hedo in early Oct will get you 2 weeks at Temptation or 10 days there during the fun busy season of winter. It won't be nude, but the ladies will be topless, and a lot younger.

Most people on this board will jump down my throat for these comments but I am just trying to be realistic and help you out. We love Hedo, and will spend a month there next winter. But we are in our 50's and most of the crowd will be our age.
    Hello Funfortwo,
    I dont think anyone needs to jump down your throat for your comments.
    We are all entitled to our opinions especially when we are trying to voice a perspective to someone who hasnt been.

I think there is a lot that a twenty something can get at Hedo that they couldnt get in Cancun providing that they are mature enough.
    Having said that, how many forty somethings have we seen act less mature than a teen?

Cheers
    ScubaSteve Video

Rule #1) Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.