Thread: trip report/random thoughts

Talking trip report/random thoughts

We just spent almost a week at Hedo 2 (July 1-7) and had a great time.

Here are some random thoughts from the week:

Getting there:
    The Montego Bay Airport is pretty nice. It is spread out all over the place, though it has modern jetways, and getting through customs was pretty easy.
    The Kingston Airport is very much the opposite. Customs took a while, and during our layover they didn't seem be very organized. Parts of it looked like it was painted by a 3 year old. Don't go through there unless you absolutely have to.

Dress code:
    It seems that the difference between the prude side and nude side that the prude side encourages clothing but tolerates nudity, and the nude side encourages nudity but tolerates clothing.
    The disco dress code is anything above or including nothing. Probably 30% of people were wearing very see through clothes with nothing underneath. Women can pretty much get away with anything, guys didn't seem to have less than a thong on.
    The main buffet dress code is pretty much anything that covers your genitals, and some sort of top (though it can be see through)
    Most theme days can be met with see through clothes plus some accessory knick knacks.
    I packed about half the clothes I would have normally needed, and just mixed and matched them for meals.
    On the nude side around the 'garden' part, I'd say about 1/3rd of people walked around nude.
    In theory all you need to pack is lots of sunscreen and clothes to come home in, though the nude food stand is only open from 11 am to 7 pm.

Things you shouldn't miss
    - Take the catamaran cliff dive/snorkel cruise.
    - Hang out the piano bar. Make sure you have a dirty joke handy.

Who should go:
    - Anybody who wants to get away from it all while having a blast.
    - If you want to 'play around' out in the open sun without being harrassed.
    - Couples looking to add some fire to their relationship.

Who shouldn't go:
    - Easily offended people. If you get offended by people asking you if you want weed, sex in public, or nudity. There was a rope bondage demonstration that happened on the nude beach, and apparently someone complained about it, annoying a lot of people.
    - If you don't think you'll go nude. You won't be able to go to half the resort.
    - If you are looking for a 5 star/perfect experience. The staff is helpful and get things right, but don't expect to be completely pampered by them.
    - Grumpy people. Everyone we met there was friendly. Don't ruin it for anybody else.
    - If you can't extricate yourself from the internet/blackberry. They have an internet cafe, but I never saw anybody using it.

Annoyances:
    - The disco. The music gets pretty redundant after a few days. They also have gone WAY too crazy with their strobe light.
    - Some of the night entertainment was getting a bit redundant too.

I was kind of worried that it would be an 'Animal House' type environment, but was pleasantly surprised. There were a few people who were tipsy, but I didn't run into any completely drunk people. The most obvious sex you'll see is oral sex, though people will be doing more underwater in the pools/hot tubs.

I'm sure we'll be coming back at some point, though we probably won't be part of the 'super regular' crowd. Apparently there are some people that come more than 5 times a year, which seems a bit much to me. There were a lot of 'where else but Hedo' moments.

Thanks for the report,we only go once a year but we can't wait for it to be time to go!!
    critter2
    Delroy's,last trip was Nov.22nd-26th 2013 and then Cliffside Nov.27th-Dec.2nd. Next trip Nov.21-22nd White Sands,Nov23rd-30th Delroys!!
    Bill N Donna