Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caribbean Airlines/ Air Jamaica -- Update?

Caribbean Airlines/ Air Jamaica -- Update?

Hi All,
    A few weeks back, during the "merger transition," a few of you were pretty upset with the disruption. Has anyone traveled recently and can give an update?
    The flights to and from Philly have incredible timing -- getting to MBJ at 8:25am is PERFECT! Leaving at 5pm? I can have LUNCH at Hedo! Woo!
    BUT, if the flight will be severely delayed or worse, it's clearly not worth traveling!

Thanks!

Yes those times are too perfect. That's why I'm taking Caribbean Air Jamaica down from October 29-November 5. I hope it doesn't suck too much.

We just returned to NY from there on the 2nd...what a mess. The delays were forgivable... but having the boarding gate listed on one gate on all the monitors and having it leave from a totally different gate is quite another. After sitting at the gate that was posted (for 3 hours including the delay) for awhile and not really believing that only three families were actually going to NY we tried asking for help only to hear if it is on the monitor as here then it must be...(it was also displayed at the gate) the last call for boarding was made to another gate all the way across the airport. We barely made our flight and the staff could have cared less that the information was posted incorrectly. Next time we will try another airline as getting help from the people at the desk was non existent. Good luck and no matter what you will have fun at Hedo and it will all be worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl22 View Post
    Hi All,
    A few weeks back, during the "merger transition," a few of you were pretty upset with the disruption. Has anyone traveled recently and can give an update?
    The flights to and from Philly have incredible timing -- getting to MBJ at 8:25am is PERFECT! Leaving at 5pm? I can have LUNCH at Hedo! Woo!
    BUT, if the flight will be severely delayed or worse, it's clearly not worth traveling!

Thanks!
    We flew in April and had no problems at all, and will be flying them again in September.
    Get there early, leave late, its the perfect flight.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

I wussed out and went with USAir. Used my miles, and will wait until my birthday trip to see if they wotk out their problems...

But that means you wont be on the bus with us
    Cop N kitten..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

I wussed out and went with USAir. Used my miles, and will wait until my birthday trip to see if they wotk out their problems...
    Hey good news, Fred and angel (other hosts of our great group) will be landing at 11:56, make sure you wait for them at the superclubs lounge. Can't miss their bright Zebra luggage, lol. At least you still get a representitive from kitten & angel's Group to ride with you, lol.
    Cop..

Well, convince them to take TimAir! Because for this short of a trip, I want to GET THERE! if I take the plane, I will get there in time for a drink and snorkeling!!

Tim air can not take all their luggage, we are bringing alot of group stuff down and leaving it there for April. The plane would not take off with all their stuff.
    lol
    Cop..

I plan on carry-on only! Off the plane, through customs, get me to the beach!
    Maybe we can put their stuff on the shuttle? Lol

Hi phillygirl22
    Is tj going to be with you for the sept trip.

the

the true is nice.

Blog Entries
    Well, convince them to take TimAir! Because for this short of a trip, I want to GET THERE! if I take the plane, I will get there in time for a drink and snorkeling!!
    A cab will get you there just as fast for $70.00. With Tim air there is a lot of waiting around then you land across the street and have to get a cab or walk to the resort. The Cabbies are there waiting and will leave immediately, drive fast and drop you at the door. The site seeing might not be as exciting, but it is still fun in the front seat of the cab with a cold beer and a smoke along the way.

Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Really? The cab ride took how long?
    The flight is 15 mins! Even if I do have to walk to the resort- how could it not be faster? Does the shuttle bus take an ass-backwards route?

Blog Entries
    My last cab ride was 55 minutes, I beat the Tim Air folks because it took a few minutes for them to get hooked up with Tims Air at the airport and they were standing around a bit before they got loaded and took off, then arranging a cab,or walking to the resort, transfering luggage, 55 minutes can dissapear in like two minutes, LOL. That 70.00 is for everyone, up to three people as thats about all the luggage the cab can hold.

Cheers
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast