Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Hedo III people going to Hedo II for the first time.....

Cool Old Hedo III people going to Hedo II for the first time.....

Hey we used to go to Hedo III and always loved it. We will be staying at Hedo II for the first time from Aug 2nd-9th. We were just wondering if any other Hedo III people out there have gone to H2 and the differences/experiences they had, just wondering we know that it will be a lot of fun too. Thanks for any input.
    Last edited by Jamcan77; 07-17-2011 at 08:38 PM.

We haven't gone yet but have been to III also and will be there with you during your trip!

Trip 4 H2 July 31 - Aug 7, 2011 Can't Wait To Go HOME
    AWOL ROCKS

Mid 30s is not "Old" for Hedo II

Lol... didn't mean old as in age I meant former Hedo III people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamcan77 View Post
    Lol... didn't mean old as in age I meant former Hedo III people.
    He heh, just being cheeky

Just go with an open mind to Hedo II and you will have fun the beach is nicer, the rooms older and some of the HIII staff moved over.

There are other options, Lanzarotte, Desire, Club Caliente DR, Club Orient...

we just got back from Hedo 2 in June and had gone to Hedo 3 for the last 11 years and honestly we love Hedo 2(and if 3 re-opened we would continue to go to Hedo2) The beach is gorgeous the nude pool/hot tub/bar is better!! the piano bar is bigger and better seating so better!! the nightclub we felt better because the bar is seperate and there is seating in there!!! Only thing I didn't like was the bathroom is really small and no tub ( and I loved my afternoon soak in the tub at Hedo 3) but in all we love Hedo2 and will return over and over again (hopefully every 6 months) Go and enjoy!!! oh and the grounds are bigger and beautiful! and the gym is way better!!! No complaints here !!

Thanks for the reply we are so pumped to hear that you loved H2 so much! We can't wait

Our group moved from 3 to 2 and we can tell you, the entire group loved it. We liked 3 better than 2 for some personal reasons but no reason to debate anymore which was better.
    As for differences, it is layed out longer, a little more walking. The ground level rooms do not have rear doors unless you get a hot tub room. The nude hot tub is alot bigger, the nude beach is bigger and nicer. The Disco and piano bar are on the ground level, which is easier for girls with heels. The disco also has a nice little bar area seperate from the music/dancing to mingle for us non-dancers. Alot of the EC's were moved to H3 so you will see famaliar faces, they have like an all star team now, best of the best all working at H2. The resort is always being worked on and the staff really overdoes itself to make you feel happy.
    You will miss H3 but you will love H2.
    Feel free to drop us a PM if you want any more info.
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

We have been to H3 multiple times and we both are looking forward to being at H2 in 11 days. I am sure that there are things that are going to be different between the 2 sites but the one thing that will always remain constant and that is the people. It is the people that make the trip and that is what we are looking forward to.
    Again with flip-cup??

4/24-4-29 2006
    5/12-5/19 2007
    11/3-11/10 2007
    5/2-5/9 2009

7/30-8/6 2011 First time at H2
    7-28-8/4 2012 H2

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Rest assured that the transition from H3 to H2 is easy and nothing to be concerned about.

I did H3 6 times before H2 and found it took about 1/2 a day to know my way around, find my preferred hangouts and blend in to make H2 'home" like it was at H3.

Even the majority of my group members felt the same way despite the obvious and not-so-obvious differences. Those differences were definitely not deal-breakers and for every negative difference, there was one or two positive differences to make up for it.

I've found that the primary reasons many people go or returning to Hedo (2 or 3) have always been for the people, the atmosphere and the spontaneous or planned good times that it can offer. :-)

We were Hedo III regulars also and went to Hedo II in the Spring. She loved it. He isn't looking forward to a return trip. Seems like it has a lot to do with what you really enjoyed about Hedo III
    For us - She loves to socialize, plenty of that at Hedo II. He prefers to decompress from the real world on the beach and the "smoke" guy coming by every 15 minutes and the tourist boats coming by to take pictures really became a nusiance after a couple of days. Plus no nude pool volleyball.
    We did miss the larger rooms and the Quad pool & hot tub options. Food was only OK and we must have caught a bad week because we both felt the bar and wait staff was a little on the clueless or rude side.
    Last edited by 2Bseen; 08-07-2011 at 11:00 PM.

Hedo 3 was a better resort better set up and nicer rooms I went to hedo 2 once did not like it next time Im going to Breezes Negril

From our experience just last week... Hedo 2 was nicer in that the grounds were more expansive, the beaches are nicer, there's more fish life and the water is calmer to enjoy kayaking in. The rooms suck - the beds and showers though are ok and the towels were still fluffy. The buffet food was better than hedo 3, but the restaurants were worse. You'll find the Italian app bar to be pathetic. They need a person that can mix disco music better as well, otherwise entertainment was ok.

We found the nude pool to be too cold at night and the hot tub to be boiling over. The main pool water temp was fantastic - wish all the pools were that temp.

We miss the quad, and miss that the old nude pool overlooking the ocean. Certainly miss John and his home made tortilla chips as well.

Other notes of interest. H2 has a coconut guy that will get you fresh coconuts, and a wood carver instead of a rock painter. They're both at the garden, along the path leading to the nude hot tub. If you smoke, you'll find plenty of little boats offering it along with beach venders that troll the beach all day.

Sandals is next door along the beach, and breezes is directly across from the entrance. Both probably the same walk to the nude side if you're thinking passes.

Hedo II - 20 - 27 July 2011 - Hedo II, The Naughty Side.
    Hedo III - 24 - 31 July 2010 - Hedo III, Part Deux.
    Hedo III - 26 - 31 July 2009 - Popping our Hedo Cherry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamcan77 View Post
    Hey we used to go to Hedo III and always loved it. We will be staying at Hedo II for the first time from Aug 2nd-9th. We were just wondering if any other Hedo III people out there have gone to H2 and the differences/experiences they had, just wondering we know that it will be a lot of fun too. Thanks for any input.
    I was a H3'r who would probably have never visited H2 if Hedo 3 wasnt closed.

After being to both:
    -I liked that H3 was smaller, closer,
    -The volleyball was better at H3 (we really need a net in the nude pool)
    -Food is about the same (though someone mentioned about the appetizers and I agree 100%)
    -I miss some of the personalities and relationships with the staff at H3
    -The rooms were nicer at H3
    -I actually liked the small nude beach at H3 (though H2 is 100 times bigger)

After all my whining, Hedo 2 is now home.
    Also as Jim and Kristy said:

Quote Originally Posted by jimandkristy View Post
    but the one thing that will always remain constant and that is the people. It is the people that make the trip and that is what we are looking forward to.
    Couldnt have said it better.
    Just trying to figure out how soon I can get back to my new home.

Cheers
    ScubaSteve Video

Rule #1) Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Blog Entries
    There is a rock painter at H2. He's located at the beginning of the nude side between the nude beach volleyball court and the dive shack where the painting are on display. He sits at a picnic table and also sells those paintings on display in that area. He does a great job on the rocks.

As for the rest of discussion, it's moot point. There is only one Hedo and it's the only option unless, as one poster said, you're considering Breezes or Sandals. However those are not Hedo, not even close to Hedo and can't even be reasonably compared to Hedo. They are a totally different vacation and, as far as we're concerned, that's not the vacation we're looking for. IMO, saying you're going to go to Breezes instead of Hedo because the rooms at H3 were nicer is like saying you're going to buy the VW Beetle because you don't like the color of the Maserati. The ONLY thing that the Beetle and the Masserati have in common is that they're both cars, and the ONLY thing that Breezes and Hedo have in common is that they're both resorts. Did anyone really go to H3 for the rooms? We never went there, but from what I have heard they were showing their age too and also had maintenance issues. Surely there were better rooms, probably at a cheaper price elsewhere in the Caribbean. No, people went to H3 for the party and the party is now only at H2. It may be a little different party, but the same people are there and it's the only party in town (or the world, as far as we know).

As for putting a volleyball net in the prude pool, that's an impossibility because the nude pool is too small in which to play volleyball, people would kill themselves on the tables in the pool, and people who did not play volleyball would not put up for five minutes with being hit in the head with volleyballs, not to mention that ball would likely be knocking liquor bottles over all day at Delroy's.

I guess this whole discussion ticked me off a little and that doesn't happen with me very often on here. I just feel like the "H2 people" were very empathetic, supportive, welcoming and kind when it was announced that the "H3 people" were losing their home. We felt badly because we knew how we would feel if it was us who were losing ours. It's troublesome now to see some (certainly not all) former "H3 people" being so critical of "our" home. One week from tonight we're leaving to go to those run down rooms, small bathrooms, rude bartenders, pesky smoke vendors, cold pool, boiling hot tub, terrible appetizers in Martinos, inferior buffet, way too big beach, no quad, nude pool without a volleyball net, and clueless wait staff - and we are giddy with excitement as we count down the seconds until we arrive at this "Hell on Earth".
    8/9/11 to 8/21/11 SOON COME, BUT NOT SOON ENOUGH!!! Kitten & Angel's Spring Fling 4/5/12 to 4/14/12

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast