Thread: Kinda Surprised...

Kinda Surprised...

My wife and I were staying at near by resort this past week (7/5 - 7/12) and decided take advantage of the "Night Pass" over to H2. Neither of us have been there before and honestly didn't know quite what to expect. Not having set many expectations I was still kinda surprised.

1) Food - Better than expected, although the curry goat was not really my thing.
    2) Drinks - As expected for an all inclusive - Plenty of them, just need to make plenty of trips to the bar to get them and ask for any specifics you may want.
    3) Sexual Overtures - Less than expected - Not good or bad, just less than I had expected. Everyone was very respectful, there were no Overt or disrespectful occurances. Everyone seems to just be doing their thing and having fun. In fact, we did not see any overt sexual behaviors or nudity (unless you include skimpy clothing).
    4) Crazy - Less than expected - Again, not good or bad, just everyone having fun and doing their thing. Honestly, not really different than any other resort we've been to in Jamaica (Unless you include the skimpy clothing).
    5) Demographic - Different than expected. Talk about diverse!!!! Wow... Everything from 70 yr old couples that you'd think by looking at them would be sitting home listening to Frank Sinatra to a fairly large crowd of Booty Shakin Mama's hittin the dance floor in the club after 11 and a few of everything in between. But again, not doing anything different than what I would expect to see at any other All Inclusive in Jamaica.

Overall, I must say we were a bit disappointed. Which to me means we are still intrigued, but thinking maybe we picked a bad time or day or week or possibly the wrong place to hangout at H2 (Club / Piano Bar). Hopefully some of you more experienced folks can shed some light and give some guidance for our next trip. Even though we didn't "expect" anything, obviously we were looking for some like minded fun couples to party with. All the posts I've read here and other places sounded like this was the place for us. Again I wonder if we maybe just were just there at a time that was not suitable.

Thanks for enlightening us!

Registered User shellysdoughboy's Avatar
    there are some times that are slower than others , it is possible that you were there on a slower time and you must keep in mind hedo is only what you make of it and we have never had a dull or bad minute there . As far as the age difference thats what makes hedo, Hedo
    HEDO 2 NOVEMBER 13-21 , 2009
    HEDO 2 JULY 13-17,2010
    HEDO 2 NOVEMBER 10-21 , 2010

HEDO 2 MARCH 5-12 , 2011
    Hedo 2 November 9-20 , 2011 homeward bound !
    HEDO 2 MARCH 4 - 12 , 2012

FREEDOM OF THE SEAS NOV. 2012
    hedo2 july 28- aug. 3 2012
    jewel of the seas tamp 2013
    FREEDOM OF THE SEAS Nov. 2013

Brilliance of the seas Jan.27-Feb 1 -2014

hedo march 6-14 , miss no swim suit -2014
    Hedo March 7-14 , 2015 miss no swim suit
    Hedo March 2-12 , 2016 miss no swim suit

Did you head over to the nude pool or nude hot tub? That is where most of the sexual action happens.
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

Sounds exactly like what I would expect from an evening at Hedo in the dining room and piano bar. Skimpy clothing, diverse group, people having fun. I would not expect or think i have ever seen overt sexual behavior in those areas. Now had you made your way to the nude pool or hot tub after the piano bar closed I think you would have seen the other side of Hedo. Although people still very friendly and respectful there is usually some action in those areas.
    Is kinda funny as I hadn't thought about it before but for someone who just wandered in for dinner and the entertainment Hedo probably would appear to be like any other adults only resort with maybe a slightly sexier vibe. Of course the presence of certain groups might alter that dynamic slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by mac_r_a View Post
    Did you head over to the nude pool or nude hot tub? That is where most of the sexual action happens.
    Thank you both for your replies... we were at the Pool just outside the main restaurant and above the club. Not sure that helps... it looked like it was the main pool where all the activities took place.

Generally not much ever goes on at the Main pool which is just outside the main bar and the buffet. Most of the activity during the daylight hours is down at the nude pool which is at the end of the resort to your right as you face the ocean. At night the activity moves to the restaurants, main stage, piano bar area and then late night to the disco and the nude jacuzzi.

So what he is saying in a nut shell is you were there when all the sexual activities were going on you just so happened to be in the wrong place. You were at the Prude pool which is clothing optional now and i never saw anyone in it back in april when we were there no even in the middle of the day. When you go back ask hey wheres all the naked people you will be pointed in the right direction.
    Hedo II April 20th- 27th 2011 virgin trip
    Hedo II April 22 - 28 2012 With Hedo Mojo
    Hedo II April 12 - 19 2014

Did you go to the piano bar at all...it can get a bit livelier in there depending on the crowd? The main pool is definitely not where the action is at night. How about the nude hot tub and bar? I can't imagine you would find the nude hot tub at 2am like others around the island...just sayin'! A day pass is way more fun....I sincerely doubt no matter what time of year you went that you would find the nude bar, beach, pool and hot tub like any other place. Night passes are definitely hit or miss and if you don't know the general 'schedule' of most peoples nights (dinner, piano bar, disco, water slide, hot tub, etc) ... it is harder to follow the fun. Plus you don't get much of a flavor of Hedo on just a night pass. Most people form friendships while hanging on the beach or at the pool during the day and those carry over. Just my $.02.
    Last edited by chrisandlizvt; 07-14-2011 at 01:06 PM.
    Liz & Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chrisandlizvt View Post
    Plus you don't get much of a flavor of Hedo on just a night pass. Most people form friendships while hanging on the beach or at the pool during the day and those carry over. Just my $.02.
    I would def agree with this. Our first ever night there we were a bit disappointed because the lack of anything happening. In hindsight it was because we got there at 4 and didn't get to hang all day and meet people. That combined with not knowing how things flowed made for some disappointing newbies on the first night - what a difference day 2 was after hanging out with everyone poolside!!

Blog Entries
    The time you were there and the places where you were (dining room, piano bar, disco) are where people go to be more or less "normal" for a few hours. The "crazy level" is high in the nude pool all afternoon and the hot tub later at night. You mentioned "sexual overtures". If by that you mean you were not approached sexually, that can also be explained by the places and times, but keep in mind that while there are a number of lifestyle people at Hedo at any given time, it's not a lifestyle resort. Not nearly everyone there is in the lifestyle and even those who are are often not all the overt about it. Most sexual overtures that happen at Hedo happen over time after people get to know each other. I don't think it's possible to get the true feel and vibe of Hedo on either a day or a night pass, but I agree with chrisandlizvt that if I had to choose one over the other, I would choose a day pass too. So much about Hedo is about meeting people and developing relationships over a period of days or a week. The sexual stuff and the "crazy" happens as a result of those relationships. If you came away still "intrigued", it sounds like you need to book a week and really experience Hedo.
    8/9/11 to 8/21/11 SOON COME, BUT NOT SOON ENOUGH!!! Kitten & Angel's Spring Fling 4/5/12 to 4/14/12

We missed you by a few days.. Piano bar when Deon is there rocks. Sit close to the piano if possible.
    Main pool only used for a water volley ball game now and then unless a group takes it over. Almost all of the action, as posted already, is in the "nude" area and even then there are times when it is just not happening. When it does happen WOW...
    So, yes your right. The types of people there are very diverse. The pool by the stage is not used much and crazy people hide out a lot at the nude pool,hot tub area that you seem to have missed..
    A good reason to come on back to HII.

There were there when a group came in on Wed/Thurs had a pool party. It started at 11am and lasted until 2am....very loud. The Nude side was very busy that day to the point they stopped letting people go to it(for a short time) because it was over capacity. We had to steal a float from the prude side and just float in the ocean for a while. There was ALOT of sex that night at the pool, it just started at the standard later times.....

The population of the resorts ebbs and flows from day to day and week to week. We arrived on a Tuesday and it was very quiet for most of the week. By Friday, quite a few more people were all showing up. By Sunday, it was getting quite crowded. The whole vibe changes, that's why you need more than one shot to judge. Oh, and you missed the boat by not "swinging by" the nude pool and hot tub.
    Hedonism II - 28JUN2011 to 03JUL2011, 27NOV2013 to 01DEC2013, 17JUL2023 to 22JUL2023

Desire Pearl - 28MAR2016 to 01APR2016, 19MAR2017 to 24MAR2017, 22JUL2018 to 27JUL2018, 10JUL2021 to 16JUL2021, 26JUN2022 to 30JUN2022 and 01AUG2022 to 05AUG2022

Desire RM - 24NOV2021 to 27NOV2021

Temptation Grand Miches - 08AUG2023 to 13AUG2023

Quote Originally Posted by norcalcpl42 View Post
    Generally not much ever goes on at the Main pool which is just outside the main bar and the buffet. Most of the activity during the daylight hours is down at the nude pool which is at the end of the resort to your right as you face the ocean. At night the activity moves to the restaurants, main stage, piano bar area and then late night to the disco and the nude jacuzzi.
    Unless you are with our group where we have our nightly costume contest there
    And an occassional Pirate vs Crack Head Mario Cage Matches
    Cop..
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/