Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Share your Hangover and Pre-drinking Remedies....

Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl22 View Post
    NO to Tylenol! Acetomenifen (sorry, spelling!) and Alcohol do not mix! (medically, increases damage risk to ...kidneys?)
    Take ibuprofen -- advil, motrin, etc.

Thanks phillygirl,
    My bad. I should have said Ibuprofin.
    That is all I ever take.

I call it vitamin "I"

cheers
    ScubaSteve Video

Rule #1) Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
    What is in Midol?

Anyone?

cheers
    Well Scuba Steve unless it's that time of the month for ya I would highly discourage taking it..lol

6th Trip Hedo2: June 13th - June 30th 2012
    5th Trp Hedo2: June 16th - June 28th 2011 ( 4th Year wedding Anniversary)
    4th Trip Hedo2: June 7th - June 18th 2010
    3rd Trip Hedo2: June 10th - June 17th 2009
    2nd Trip Hedo2: June 28th - July 5th 2007 (Honeymoon)
    Virgin Trip Hedo2: July 25th - Aug 1st 2006

I was horrrrobly hingover one morning in Hedo. I think it was pour 3 rd day. We went parasailing and I was sooo hungover I threw up IN the air.70 feet up Sexxxxxy right ? lol
    i ALWAYS het hangovers though. it doesnt matter what I try and do to prevent it it bound to happen. The best "cure" for me is ibuprofen, gatorade, greasy food ( mcdonalds works best but obviously they dont have on at Hedo lol ), b12 and then water lots of water. maybe more ibuprofen depending on how bad things are.

Basics first - POUND the water all day! We also take a product called "No Hang" which seems to work if you take it before starting to drink... The problem of course is that at Hedo drinking is an ongoing process, interupted only by the few minutes you are asleep....there is no "before" drinking. For the morning shakes, I think that a "real" dirty banana cures that for the most part (followed by more drinking, of course).

I guess the real solution is to just keep drinking...
    Mikey and Diane

Pace yourself......it's a marathon not a sprint!!!!!

When we were there for easter week i was drunk ne day and that due to the yager i broughtf rom home. I drank lots of water during the day and tried to mix the fruity drinkw with beer. I never really wanted to get drunk as i wanted to make sure i knew what i was doing and not piss off the wife more than anything else.
    Hedo II April 20th- 27th 2011 virgin trip
    Hedo II April 22 - 28 2012 With Hedo Mojo
    Hedo II April 12 - 19 2014

And get red toenails right Buck???

Quote Originally Posted by scott-n-bobbi View Post
    And get red toenails right Buck???
    Yep, hey if you talk to our buddy i want him to send me those pics. The wife wants to see them and so does a friend
    Hedo II April 20th- 27th 2011 virgin trip
    Hedo II April 22 - 28 2012 With Hedo Mojo
    Hedo II April 12 - 19 2014

Sport recovery drink, level 3 gatorade for example, before hitting the sack. Plus constant hydration.

Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl22 View Post
    NO to Tylenol! Acetomenifen (sorry, spelling!) and Alcohol do not mix! (medically, increases damage risk to ...kidneys?)
    Take ibuprofen -- advil, motrin, etc.
    Tylenol and alcohol both whack your liver. Nasty.

Personally I subscribe to the water theory...at least 1 for every 2 drinks. That kept me alive in the DR when my husband and I got married. And I love the clip about the bacon sandwich...not that I need an excuse to eat bacon! If it gets really bad, I bring out the Percocet.
    Angie
    H2 27APR-5MAY 2013
    H2 4FEB-11FEB 2012

I don't know about the drinking at Hedo, but our drunken weekend parties have to come close....I used to have HORRIBLE hangovers, and I've found two things that help...

#1 Most importantly, eat before you go to bed... I've never had a hangover if I ate some pretzels or some breakfast before crashing.
    #2 Sleep...If you wake up 3-4 hours after being totally wasted, you'll still be kinda drunk...and sick....

I'll put these to the "Hedo" test in about 2 months!!!
    HEDO 7/21/11
    Liz & Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jason&liz View Post
    I don't know about the drinking at Hedo, but our drunken weekend parties have to come close....I used to have HORRIBLE hangovers, and I've found two things that help...

#1 Most importantly, eat before you go to bed... I've never had a hangover if I ate some pretzels or some breakfast before crashing.
    #2 Sleep...If you wake up 3-4 hours after being totally wasted, you'll still be kinda drunk...and sick....

I'll put these to the "Hedo" test in about 2 months!!!
    If you want to fully enjoy Hedo, you will not be getting # 2 on your list done, lol. We are usually in bed by 10/12 at home and up pretty early. At Hedo we usually went to bed around 4/5 in the morning, a couple nights 6. Then sleep until 9/9:30 in time to get up and get some good breakfast on the belly, then off to enjoy the wonderful weather and naked bodies in the pool for the day and start it all over again!!!! Still not sure how we do it for a week, but we manage!!!
    LUSH - Ladies Untamed Sexy Hedonistic - April 16-23, 2022

Click here to book your April trip!!!

I believe one of the main contributors to a hangover (other than the excess of alcohol) is dehydration. Alcohol is a diuretic - hence the frequent visits to the toilet and subsequent dehydration. Balancing the alcohol with other non-diuretics (water, juice, cola, etc) while drinking helps, along with as much water as you can stomach before you sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by hkdilbert View Post
    I believe one of the main contributors to a hangover (other than the excess of alcohol) is dehydration. Alcohol is a diuretic - hence the frequent visits to the toilet and subsequent dehydration. Balancing the alcohol with other non-diuretics (water, juice, cola, etc) while drinking helps, along with as much water as you can stomach before you sleep.
    You're absolutely right. All a hangover is, really, is your body's cells (including your brain's) screaming for water.

My all-time best hangover cure is a liter of Normosol IV fluid. Just a maintenance infusion fluid we used at an old job of mine. Nothing fixes and hangover faster or better!
    Angie
    H2 27APR-5MAY 2013
    H2 4FEB-11FEB 2012

On a side note, we have been known to bring a couple of 1000 cc IV bags of NS along with the appropriate accessories (tourniquet, 18 ga's, wipes, veniguards, etc...) and some zofran. An extra liter of fluid into you and an antiemetic can go a long way towards making you feel human again.
    Not sure what customs would say about the IV setups if they found them though.
    Nick (and the hard stick Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast