Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just curious ???

This subject has come up many times. Our family and friends know that we are freaks so Hedo was not a surprise to them. Our jobs don't know where we go in Jamaica, just Jamaica. The big problem is that if someone wants to fire you, they will. The reason used will be the best one to get your unemployment/legal claims denied. Unless you have a specific morality clause in your employment contract (and I'm not sure that immorality can be proved by going to Hedo), then I doubt the actual documented reason to hit the bricks would be your vacation choices. The real reason may be some form of sexual harrassment claim because you are talking about it at work and creating a hostile work environment for someone with a stick up their ass (not the most exciting thing to have up your ass but to each their own). So my best advice is work at work, stay mysterious, chat on the boards and party like a rock star at Hedo. No problem, mon.
    Steph

I'm the reason all of the rum is gone.

Bob and Steph
    AWOL 5- What a way to go!
    July 28th to August 4th, 2012
    Castaways Travel

H3 August 2009/2010
    H2 July/August 2011

Registered User cnjcpl4whatever's Avatar
    Hey everyone thanks for taking the time to respond, pretty much expected to read what you have all wrote. I find it amazing that living in the free country we do that one can be fired for where they "vacation", as for family we have some bible thumpers and would probably cast us down to the pits of hell lol - that said We wouldn't trade our Hedo friends for anything just to know that some people would put there jobs on the line along with ties with family and friends. I "John" personally think that we are the sane ones and all others are crazy. 14 and a wakeup Thanks again everyone. IRIE
    RESPECT EVERYTIME
    ALL THE TIME,
    JOHN & TERRY
    April 17th to 29rd 2023 Trip 18

Quote Originally Posted by bosteph View Post
    This subject has come up many times. Our family and friends know that we are freaks so Hedo was not a surprise to them. Our jobs don't know where we go in Jamaica, just Jamaica. The big problem is that if someone wants to fire you, they will. The reason used will be the best one to get your unemployment/legal claims denied. Unless you have a specific morality clause in your employment contract (and I'm not sure that immorality can be proved by going to Hedo), then I doubt the actual documented reason to hit the bricks would be your vacation choices. The real reason may be some form of sexual harrassment claim because you are talking about it at work and creating a hostile work environment for someone with a stick up their ass (not the most exciting thing to have up your ass but to each their own). So my best advice is work at work, stay mysterious, chat on the boards and party like a rock star at Hedo. No problem, mon.
    Well said Steph! Love your tag line BTW!

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

Thanks Face Down. I have been made aware that I should amend that tag line to acknowledge that I may also be the reason all of the Jack Daniels is gone. .
    Steph

Bob and Steph
    Castaways Travel

H3 August 2009/2010
    H2 July/August 2011

Quote Originally Posted by bosteph View Post
    Thanks Face Down. I have been made aware that I should amend that tag line to acknowledge that I may also be the reason all of the Jack Daniels is gone. .
    Lol...we would get along fabulously!

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

Quote Originally Posted by cnjcpl4whatever View Post
    Hey everyone thanks for taking the time to respond, pretty much expected to read what you have all wrote. I find it amazing that living in the free country we do that one can be fired for where they "vacation", as for family we have some bible thumpers and would probably cast us down to the pits of hell lol - that said We wouldn't trade our Hedo friends for anything just to know that some people would put there jobs on the line along with ties with family and friends. I "John" personally think that we are the sane ones and all others are crazy. 14 and a wakeup Thanks again everyone. IRIE
    A lot of jobs still have "morality" clauses, and while we're in the land of the dree, that doesn't mean other personal citizens aren't obligated to accept your choice lifestyle. I wouldn't trade my hedonite friends, either!!

Blog Entries
    Last year my step mother passed away at the ripe old old age of 58. Lung cancer from cigs.
    My mother, age 75 and I were visiting her in the hospice and through all of the pain, she still wanted to r
    Talk. I loved her dearly and knew her time was short and since we've been so close I said what the fuck. I gave them the nude beach/grand lido story. Told them how enjoyable it was. Their eyes grew to the size of grapefruit and then they laughed aNd began laughing. I have to be careful who knows. Not because of my job, I work for myself, but just to make things easier on others.
    For those close enough to be told, they just can't believe it. I know many salivate over the idea, but they have hangups and instead live vicariously through our adventures. Isn't that an awful way to live? Through the lives of others.
    Anyway, we love hedo and can't wait to be home again. June 18th can't get here soon enough.
    R and M
    -—-------
    Hedo 2
    1. June 2010
    2. June 2011
    3. June 2012
    4. January 2013
    5. July 2016
    6. June 2017 Married
    7. January 2018
    8. September 2018
    9. February 2019
    10. May 2019
    11. February 2020

Desire
    June 2012

I own an IT support company, and I would say that 85% of my customers know. Amazing on how many actually want to know more about it. On the down side, we lost our best friends (at the time) because of where we went. Don't suppose they were so dedicated to the friendship if that can kill it.
    Cocktails International Hedo II July 19 - 26, 2014
    Cocktails International Hedo II July 18 - 25, 2015

T11 With The Cocktails Crew!!

Interesting thread........going back in 3 weeks......wife and i went 36 times so far.........never hooked up did not want to........funny thing this time I'm single.......she ran off with a 19 yr old..........go figure...........were both 50........hedo3 refuge..........lol.........shit happens

That's strange on the losing friends thing. We went, took friends with us and then lost them. The thing is, it didn't make me too sad. I booked my next Hedo vacation and felt much better.

Hedo is filled with like minded people who are very friendly.
    Steph

Bob and Steph
    Castaways Travel

H3 August 2009/2010
    H2 July/August 2011

My work is as a photographer. Very small area up here so I thought a lot before I posted anything about the job I shot when on vacation at Hedo this year. I have posted some images of the beach and such to good comments so far. I figured what the hell, it is my life, my work and as I expect more of my work to come from people who WANT the kind of images I can make at places like hedo then what the heck. Now we will see how things go from here. If anything happens worth posting I will do so.

We are going to Hedo on Sat first timers and no one knows I think they are guessing keep asking were we are staying and I say Breezes, but I was wondering what contact number do I give out ?

We tell folks that we're going to Negril. If they press, it's Couples Negril! A few friends know that we go to Hedo, and a few have admitted they've been too. Now we know who is cool and not uptight. During our last trip, we got into a conversation on the bus with our fellow travelers comparing our alibis. Most told their family they would be at Sandals. Perception is reality, and in our small town, we're trying to keep it quiet that we're totally from the wild side!

Blog Entries
    Yes, I know what you mean... the less told, the better...they just won't know what they're missing... I guess I will find out though... first time. I guess you all have been in contact with my other half, A1Badguy. We will be at H2 the same time as you guys... hope to meet up.
    Geminibaby

I don't want to minimize the reality of a job tossing you because of Hedo, but at the same time, I think a lot of us (including myself) worry about it more than needed. The problem, of course, is that if we're wrong, we lose the ability to pay the mortgage, so better safe than sorry.

I work for a company who deals in the K-12 education market. As such, I was definitely not one to go broadcasting our vacation plans to co-workers. To make a long story short, the news got out anyhow, and I had to confront the owner of the company (my boss) to tell him the scoop. My thought was that if I was going to lose my job, better it come from my mouth than the rumor mill. I was fortunate, my boss didn't care, and it has never again come up.

Around town, many of our friends know, but not all. There's a certain amount of judgement call in determining who's going to be uncomfortable knowing this kind of thing. Like my wife said, it's 50% us, and 50% "what we do behind closed doors" and not everyone wants to know.
    H2 Trip #10: June 14-30, 2014

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast