Thread: Trip Report 3/23 - 3/30 2011. A fairly tame trip.

Trip Report 3/23 - 3/30 2011. A fairly tame trip.

Here is the report in no particular order…

Me? My fourth trip. Previous three were back in the mid 90’s.

Her? New GF of less than a year and a Hedo Virgin. She went with me to “Mazo” beach in Wisc. early last summer where it took her not-long-at-all to decide it was silly to be the only one clothed on the beach. We spent several more weekends there so prior to Hedo she had discovered the joys of nudity.

This was likely, no definitely, my most laid-back trip ever to H-II. Again, only my fourth overall, but certainly more tame than in the past. Oh yeah, those past visits where nearly 15 years ago and that will be some of what I will write about here. At any rate, this trip was mostly to “decompress”. Mother went into hospital December 14 (unexpectedly) and after December 21 required 24/7 family presence until her passing New Years Eve. Brother and I shared that duty – taking turns on 12 hour shifts. No Holiday Season for this family. ARGH. Then there has been the Funeral, estate sale, clean-out….any of you who have been through it KNOW just what I am saying.

I offer that only as an explanation of our laid-back approach to Hedo 2011, not fishing for sympathy.

Trip started out at 3AM on March 23 in a HORRIBLE Minneapolis snow. I can drive in just about anything and have even had a CDL in the past…but this was one of those heavy, wet, merciless snows. Almost got stuck a number of times trying to get to GF’s house. But I knew at the end of the day, H-II was waiting. The normal 25 minute trip took almost an hour. Our drive from her house to airport was “better” as we were on more traveled freeways but still there were no visible traffic lanes etc. Made it to the airport by about 4:45am for our 6am flight. Doors on plane were closed at 5:50, BUT, we then had to wait in line to be deiced. It was “gear-up” at 6:40. Perfect flight and we even had an open seat next to us so I was actually able to stretch my 6’6” frame out just a bit.

Arrived at Sangster almost on time. No surprises except we were the VERY LAST bus to leave. It seems a couple (even staying at Hedo II) had decided to go to a restaurant in the airport rather than typical area to wait for busses. I believe they were finally located after their lunch when they wandered over to the bus area…. The “luggage guy” located them, got them on the bus and we were on our way.

Lots of traffic for a Wednesday noontime but trip was uneventful. Arrived at H-II and only had to wait 20 minutes for our room. We spent that moment having lunch (where particular others should have), had a drink and headed for our room guided by a doorman (saw another trip report from this period that said they were left to fend for themselves). Dropped our luggage, stripped nekid and headed for the beach.

As others have stated, I am not going to give a day-by-day, blow-by-blow report at this point. I will however include some observations and information.

Somewhat repeating previous.. As you all know, the mantra for H-II is “Mind, Body, Spirit and Soul”. That said, this 2011 Trip was one that was more for the Mind, Spirit and Soul than it was for the Body…again, just some decompression time. And oh yeah: Overheard behind us on the beach where we were sitting with any number of others simply relaxing and reading, “Why would anyone come to Hedonism to read a book….you can read a book anywhere.” Almost opened my yap but did not. Those of you that “get it”, can certainly understand mind treatment, soul treatment etc…. Guess whoever was behind us (I never looked) thought we could have stayed at home in Minnesota and read our books in a snowbank. NOT!!!! LOL

A fair warning to those who will be present during out next visit. Having decompressed this trip – on the next we plan on taking care of our physical needs anywhere/anytime we please. Perhaps starting with the outdoor beds near the pool tables. Hammock in garden is also on list. Sure hope that we do not do anything “raunchy” as reported in another trip report from about the same time span we were there. Not sure what raunchy is, but while we saw our share of PDAs, none could be considered raunchy by our standards.

I guess our own PDAs this time were limited to our applying sunblock to one another which was part of the daily “routine”. Of course it took me longer than usual to apply block to the GF. I even received comments from passersby that I had a very good job. To which I would agree, “Good work if you can get it.” We both loved massaging the sun screen on to each other to the point of arousal. This is not allowed on the nude beach we frequent in WI. In fact couples have been “fussed” at when the man even touches a woman’s breasts for a matter of moments to apply oil or sun screen. So it is quite a treat when we get to play a bit as we apply it. I was often tempted to say to a person commenting on the sunscreen process, “wanna help?”, but since additional hands-on was not discussed before the trip, I kept my mouth shut. But will be asking GF before next trip about whether additional help is welcome. Hope that would not be raunchy.

Since my last visit over 15 years ago I think H-II OVERALL, has improved. Imagine having only the little clover-leaf hot tub as the only water activity on the nude side. That is what it was 15 years ago. We loved the new big pool with swim-up bar. BUT. In a story similar to the trip report with nude fellow being squashed by a gal on the piano in the piano bar (again, see report from similar dates as ours). Then people asking him for the rest of their stay, “are you alright.” Well….here goes.

We went to the pool and took up seats with several nice couple up on the sort of high “crow’s nest” area. Myself and GF had our backs to the water where the stairs lead down into the pool area heading for the bar. We were having the greatest time telling stories, laughing and in general mingling. Well me, in a moment of stupidity and thinking perhaps I was dangling my feet in the MAIN pool and not the “crow’s nest,” decided I would pull my feet out and push back onto the pool’s deck to kind of stretch legs and change position a bit. Only problem…yeap…no pool deck behind me. I ended up basically taking a backwards summersault into/unto the water/steps behind me. I am sure it looked much worse than it felt as I don’t believe I sunk deep enough to even touch the steps under the water. But when I went to get back up on my perch, and as I looked around the pool area….all I saw were wide eyes and open mouths. Hmmmmm. Anyway, got lots of, “are you OK?”s and stuff like that. Which of course I was. Only thing that was really hurt was my “pride”. But over the next couple days people who did see it would still ask if I had gotten hurt and if I was OK. “Not a mark anywhere”, I would show/tell them. I guess, in hindsight, it could have been a very bad deal had I landed on my head/neck wrong. WOW. Anyway, will not forget in the future. And yes folks…see you same time next year.

OK. Past and present again. The food I thought was every bit as good now as it was 15 years ago. Perhaps slightly less variety on a day-to-day basis with regards to soups/salads/desserts, but the main courses seemed to change and be prepared with similar care as in the past. Yes, the nightly ice sculptures are gone and the centerpieces for the buffets could use some help. But then you do not eat ice sculptures and centerpieces. Oh yeah, the bar in the main dining area used to be open during breakfast. But having a little vodka and some champagne available every morning was certainly enough “hair-of-the-dog” if you needed it. GF wants me to add that she has never eaten so much lobster in one sitting ever…the Friday night thing of course. Oh yes, and we reserved Munasan early in the week and had so much fun we reserved again. Unfortunately we had to settle for 6:30 the second time and the folks were a bit less lively. We did also order less food on the main course. We will definitely try to reserve early on in our next visits for later seatings.

We never once walked down to the prude side. Wonder what is down there these days.

We did not even do the disco. Arrived early one night and decided we did not want to wait until opening. Next trip we will be revising our schedule to include disco at night. Funny, but on this trip one of our main priorities was who would head out at 7am to mark a couple chairs on the beach. Next trip we may be heading BACK to the room at that time.

Speaking of rooms. They have not changed “physically” in the 15 years I was away. However, the TV with several sexy choices was a wonderful addition, air conditioning was incredible, plenty of hot water and the multi-valved shower was interesting to say the least. Housekeeping was spot on. Larger safe was nice. There are now phones. Sure wish I could use my new Motorola Atrix down there, but I have heard that data, and even voice, are quite expensive unless you are on an International plan right from the start.

The only thing I over-packed were munchies for the room. Not needed for the most part.

OK, since I am quite busy, this has taken me over a week to compose. I really should go back, proofread and then do some re-writing. However, I think I will post it, let you all comment or ask questions and then do my further commenting in additional posts.

Also…In the week or two since we returned, get this and my scribbling this. The new GF has decided she enjoyed Hedo so much she, like myself, does not want to wait until next March to go again. SO, instead of heading for our nude beach in Wisconsin over Labor Day Weekend…we are heading for Hedonism September 1 through September 5…four days will seem like a short stay but should tide us over until March 21, 2012 for our full week or more of Spring Break.

I apologize ahead of time for the rambling nature of this trip report. But again, am more than willing to answer questions or whatever. If you are on the fence about summer plans to Hedo II…would love to see a ton of people over Labor Day Weekend..

R & D

Great trip report thanks.
    Why is all the Rum gone, Ohh
    Nov. 2010
    Nov. 2009
    June2009

Fantastic trip report that echoes what I tell people all the time: It's your vacation, make of it what you want. Being at Hedo does not require any particular participation.
    H2 Trip #10: June 14-30, 2014

Thanks for the trip report, glad you survived the tumble OK.

"Sure hope that we do not do anything “raunchy” as reported in another trip report from about the same time span we were there. Not sure what raunchy is, but while we saw our share of PDAs, none could be considered raunchy by our standards."

Great trip report, thanks for posting!
    I have had so many comments on my "raunchy" comment on my trip post I have to reply!!
    We saw many lovely PDA's and participated in several ourselves. These are the two things I was referring to with the "raunchy" comment - you can decide for yourself.
    1 - one day in the hot tub, lots of PDA's going on, 5-6 gentlemen getting blow jobs on the side of the hot tub. One older gentlemen grew tired of the BJ or just preferred to finish himself - and proceeded to get up on one knee (half standing) and proceed to jerk himself off in not such a sexy manner, all over the face of his female partner. The majority of those in the hot tub were looking away and commenting.
    2 - another day in the pool many of us were enjoying watching one female giving oral to another on a lounge chair - very sexy and nice to watch. A gentleman came up and starting touching the female giving the oral from behind (her back was facing us and butt was in the air) - this also was not offensive at all. However, within 3 minutes he was aggressively going at her from behind with practically his entire fist in there - again, very awkward and at that point most of those enjoying the show were no longer enjoying.
    Sooooo those are my two raunchy stories - I am not a prude and found most of the other probably 100's of PDAs I saw that week to be fun and exciting to watch and one of the highlights of the trip. I was glad it was only these two displays that freaked me out!
    Also, you MUST venture over to the prude side to at least go down the slide naked - what a blast!!

Not to hijack my own thread, but,...Was reading about occupancy vs. service vs. fun on another thread. Now having not been to Hedo II in a number of years I was not able to tell just how full the place was. Sure seemed quite busy to me. Does anybody know what occupancy was for the 3rd and 4th week of March 2011?

Now back to sharing stories.

Funny but "sad" in its own way....we met an older Asian man who had "lost" his wife. Seriously. He said she was "starting to have troubles remembering." He asked if anyone sitting around had seen her. You know, like we all would know exactly who she was. Nobody recalled her. He told us she had started walking down towards the prude side to go to their room but when she was not back quickly he went to look. Not there. Myself and GF felt really bad for him. But we are sure that nothing really bad happened or we likely would have heard. Have heard other stories of people "losing" their spouses, but not in this way. My hope is he found her quickly, and, you know what? I hope they can keep returning. As in previous post...we all go for our own reasons and experiences. I bet she was having a great time wandering Hedo...wherever she was.... Hurry back folks.

From 3-26 to 4-2 the Amigos were there and it was over 100% for a few days. I thought the service was good for the most part except at the nude bar. Sometimes you were waiting 10 + min for a drink.
    I don't know where you were for the last few days of your trip but I wouldn't call it tame if you were around the Amigos!

Rock out with your cock out!!!
    Jam out with you clam out!!!
    Black out with your rack out!!!:

Oh gosh....I probably should have added in to the title of this thread "OUR" TAME.... Certainly by no means do I mean anyone else was "tame". It was just a fairly laid-back trip for me/us. And thank-you so much for the occupancy info, I cannot wait to share it this evening with the GF. We never seemed to have too long a wait anywhere. It will be interesting to see what things are like over our long Labor Day Weekend. We will be back Sept 1 through 5. Probably said that already. But it is hard to not be excited. We will be doing much less laying on the beach and much more runnin' around...

Thanks for the trip report...very informative. I just booked our first trip for next February to celebrate my husband's 30th birthday. I'm already busting with anticipation!

Thanks again!