Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not for the Canadians....

Not for the Canadians....

For obvious reasons this question is not for the Canadians among us, but I was wondering if anyone had taken an inter-island flight from JA to Cuba to check it out there? We looked into it a few years ago and at the time you had to be able to prove 2 nights hotel reservations on arrival at the airport in Havana.
    We thought it would be a kind of fun "forbidden fruit" side excursion to add to one of our hedo trips.... anyone?
    Nick (and the taboo Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Umm why not canadians. Us from the US can't go there.
    Co-Hosts of kitten + angel's 15th Annual Spring Fling April 9th - 16th, 2022 (We will be onsite 4/7/22 - 4/18/22) http://www.kittennangel.com/

I think that's kind of the point- the Canadians can go there freely without worry or restriction, so no point in asking them. N&K were asking if any US citizens have "snuck" over there from JA, if I'm understanding correctly.
    "Are you feeling Hedo's Mojo yet?"

Hedonism II, April 21-28 2012

mo@hedomojo.com

Actually I have been to Cuba and they do accept americans. You require a passport but what
    they do is put a slip of paper into it. Apparently alot of Americans do go to Cuba, they fly out
    of Canada or other countries. Nice country, people extremely friendly and cost low. Food not
    the greatest and 5 star more like a 3-4. Alot like Jamaica in respect that the people make it.
    One good thing is you don't get hastled by panhandlers (it illegal) and vendors alot lesss
    aggressive. Unlike Jamiaca if you are into more than alcohol forget it, REALLY not worth it
    from a legal aspect. Another positive is tourists are VERY safe. Not worth it for a local to
    mess with tourists in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by CopNkitten View Post
    Umm why not canadians. Us from the US can't go there.
    I can only guess, not assume, that that Nick (and the worldly Kitty)tm. is pointing out the fact that we, as Canadians live under no travel restrictions.
    We can buy Cuban cigars and drink Cuban rum.

Im guessing Americans are welcome in Cuba but no one flies direct from US to Cuba.
    Maybe they will do you a favour and not stamp your passport when you arrive and leave.
    Thats what they will do if requested in some middle eastern countries.

Will the US authorities hassle you if you have been to Cuba?

Cheers
    ScubaSteve Video

Rule #1) Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by scott-n-bobbi View Post
    Actually I have been to Cuba and they do accept americans. You require a passport but what
    they do is put a slip of paper into it. Apparently alot of Americans do go to Cuba, they fly out
    of Canada or other countries. Nice country, people extremely friendly and cost low. Food not
    the greatest and 5 star more like a 3-4. Alot like Jamaica in respect that the people make it.
    One good thing is you don't get hastled by panhandlers (it illegal) and vendors alot lesss
    aggressive. Unlike Jamiaca if you are into more than alcohol forget it, REALLY not worth it
    from a legal aspect. Another positive is tourists are VERY safe. Not worth it for a local to
    mess with tourists in any way.
    i was slow to post, type to slow.

Cheers
    Last edited by ScubaSteve; 04-04-2011 at 10:24 PM.
    ScubaSteve Video

Rule #1) Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

I forgot to add that any Cubans I spoke to think all sanctions have gone far enough.
    People need to get on with their lives and just live. Actually a good thought for all,
    we've seen alot of the same talk on this forum. They want to see Americans come.

Blog Entries
    Yes, it's time for the US to end the sanctions in Cuba. That said, the Jamaicans are extremely nervous that if Cuba is open to foreign investment and travel that it will impact tourism in Jamaica. Cuba has a 25 mile beach, it's closer than Jamaica and it will be a big Caribbean draw
    The Spirit of Hedo Lives Within Me

H2 April 22th -30th 2022 thirteenth trip with the Bunch

The guests, the atmosphere and the freedom really can't be beat

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore View Post
    They want to see the American $$$'s come.

I do know a few Americans that have gone to Cuba, either through Jamaica or The Bahamas. As someone else mentioned, they do not "stamp" your U.S. passport, so there is no evidence that you have been there. On several return trips from Jamaica, we always wondered why the Immigration officer would ask "Did you visit any other countries while you were out of the U.S.?" The comments from the people we know were that in Cuba, you were not free to roam the country, but mostly had to stay in the tourist areas. They enjoyed it, but have not made any special effort to return. SuperClubs operates three Breezes resorts in Cuba, but no Hedo....so we will stick with Jamaica!
    Go to www.Superclubscuba.com to check them out ( In Spanish)
    I agree that they, like most in the world want to see the all mighty US Dollar.
    But thats what Canadians usually travel with as well.

Even though right now our Canadian dollar is stronger and worth more than your US dollar.

Cheers
    ScubaSteve Video

Very true. I have noticed while in Jamaica that the vendors prefer U.S. $ to other currencies. Seems like even the Europeans bring U.S. $. Must be the universal acceptance factor?
    Yep, even when the US economy has crashed, foreign countries still want the US dollar.
    I guess they are banking on an eventual recovery.

Another thing about vendors and small businesses, it is easier for them to know or remember the exchange rate for one currancy (US$) vs the CDN dollar, and the Euro, and the Pound and the Peso and the...

Cheers
    ScubaSteve Video

Thanks for the replies peeps- yeah I meant because the Canucks have no restrictions and can fly there direct- as a native San Diegan, San Diegon, San Diegoan? I would like to enter someone else's country illegally sometime...
    Nick (and the well travelled Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty

NickandKitty on Facebook

And that stands in Cuba as well. The American dollar is widely accepted (tips etc).
    If you are American and you do go to Cuba note that any credit card from the
    U.S. will not be accepted. Guess hard to collect on.

Quote Originally Posted by NickandKitty View Post
    Thanks for the replies peeps- yeah I meant because the Canucks have no restrictions and can fly there direct- as a native San Diegan, San Diegon, San Diegoan? I would like to enter someone else's country illegally sometime...
    Nick (and the well travelled Kitty)tm
    Just sneak into mexico.
    Hedo II April 20th- 27th 2011 virgin trip
    Hedo II April 22 - 28 2012 With Hedo Mojo
    Hedo II April 12 - 19 2014

Ah been there done that- we went to Puerto Vallarta last year and "accidentally" skipped the customs line for the paperwork. F em. I figure we owe them a few million illegal immigrations. I personally believe we should normalize relations with the Cubans but until then I think it would be an adventure. Once it does happen I think everything is going to skyrocket in price- would be nice to get there before.
    Nick (y la migra Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty

NickandKitty on Facebook

The comments from the people we know were that in Cuba, you were not free to roam the country, but mostly had to stay in the tourist areas. They enjoyed it, but have not made any special effort to return.
    Breezes Varadero is awesome it has mature gardens like Hedo II and an awesome entertainment staff.
    When we got there we were told "it is a free country go where you please" and we did. We rode bicycles and chatted to random people. I would not do drugs or start a political party in Cuba, but as a tourist you are free to go where you please. We met people riding thier bicycles (some solo) across Cuba, I dare you to try to get away with that in Mexico!
    No, not Hedo, but worth a visit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast