Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: fake baking

Bought a tanning salon membership for the first time in my life for this trip. I've been building up color slowly since the beginning of February and am starting to get compliments on my tan. Yay! Still planning on bathing in sunblock the whole time we're down there.
    Hedo II April 19-25 2011 -- Our first visit was AWESOME
    Hedo II July 9-17 2012 -- Honeymoon visit was SEXY

Arriving in 18 days.
    Started the fake an bake today with the hopes of not burning.

Always fake and bake, always at least a little burn somewhere.

Cheers
    ScubaSteve Video

Rule #1) Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Photo evidence to the left. For me the base tan did a very good job of keeping my buns toasted but not burnt. For the porcelain-skinned lady, it was SPF 60 several times a day. Don't forget the face with that sunscreen!
    H2 Feb 28 - Mar 7 2010
    H2 May 5 - 15 2011

Okay, a bit of thread hijack here but; yesterday I visit the local tanning salon and what are they selling and advertising?

Jenny JWOWW tanning oil.
    You know the one with the oversized titties, (or should I say the undersized shirts?) from Jersey Shore.

Seriously.
    Whats next?

Mike the Situation Steroids?
    Vinnie the mommas boy Condoms?
    Pauly D hair gel?
    Snooki hair clips?

Cheers
    ScubaSteve Video

Rule #1) Never argue with an idiot. They pull you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

anything to make a buck never watched jersey shore just herd about them

Just make sure if you're going to fake-n-bake, start the process early on! Our last trip there was a gal that had only been to the tanning salon a couple times the week prior to Hedo arrival and she burnt her ass off (literally!) We all felt so bad for her as it looked like it really hurt!!!

Those who can't / don't fake-n-bake prior to, use plenty of sunscreen and apply it often (even if it says waterproof)....we saw plenty of fair completed peeps that were constantly applying sunscreen and seemed to do ok.

For you guys that are a little thin on top (don't forget the sunscreen there if you aren't wearing a hat) My guy tans easily and does go to the tanning salon in prep for our trips - but by his 2nd day there on our last trip, his spot on his head was beet red - thank goodness for a very large boobilious babe with SPF 50+ we applied and re-applied the sunscreen to his head and bought a hat from the gift shop later that day. We never seemed to have that issue on our previous trips (Mar & Oct) so it must've had something to do with the hot June sun!
    H2 - June 21-26, 2011
    H3 - June 12-17, 2010
    H3 - Oct 2009
    H3 - Mar 2007

Since this was our 4th trip, we figured we'll be going back at least twice a year, so we purchased our own tanning bed. We've always tanned for a month prior to leaving for hedo. Now we can stay like this year round!!
    Twelve trips under our belts.....
    We'll be back with the Amigos in March...

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore View Post
    We have seen some "cottontail" tans at Hedo and the people usually end up like a "red-assed baboon" if they are not careful!
    OMG!!! That's exactly what she looked like!
    H2 - June 21-26, 2011
    H3 - June 12-17, 2010
    H3 - Oct 2009
    H3 - Mar 2007

we go tanning before we go. I get really dark that way I dont have to remember to lotion up while Im there.
    I would rather have a full bottle in front of me,
    than a full frontal lobatomy!!!
    H 2 7/26-8/2

Here in Austin, on Lake Travis....I'm lucky to have an amazing nude beach. I hang there most Saturdays, so I have no need for indoor tanning. However, when I used to visit Hedo3 in March, I had no choice....I began my indoor tanning about a month and a half before my trip.
    Thanks Y'all,

Shannon & Mike (aka Shenanigans and Utah)

Jam Out With Your Clam Out!
    July 29th - August 6th 2011

Blog Entries
    ok we officially fake baked today for the first time and wow it was amazing... more to come tomorrow to get us ready for hedo in 11 days...
    Kelly the baking virgin

Kelly, do not over do it , we will not recognize you otherwise

Blog Entries
    gym this morning then fake baked and hey i finally dont have awhite ass andmikes got somenice color,, more tomorrow///
    kelly nmike the tanned virgins

Be EXTREMELY careful!!!!
    If you can "Tan In The Can"...DO IT! I get dark really fast and I really don't burn. The last time to Margarita Island, Venezuela...1 day on the beach and I fried! Don't take a chance of "SPOILING" your VaCa. Get a tan and start out using SPF 30 or 40 on the beach.
    Guys/Ladies! Don't worry...Nude tanning, "in the can" doesn't burn the "Boys" or the "Johnson". Sorry Ladies, from what I SEE..It only makes a few things darker. lol Guys too!
    My GF & I are going May 26-June 2 and we started tanning 2 weeks ago. We want to be totally free, enjoy the beach, pool, GREAT people, and "fun in the sun"! We are taking NO chance of a sunburn spoiling our VaCa!!
    We look forward to meeting everyone.
    Until then
    L & L Laura & Lew

I even go one step farther, I get spray tanned before I go..lol. Really, I cannot set under those 10,000 degree coffins and I am white as a ghost, so, I get an all over spray tan, apply sunblock when I am there and it all seems to work out and I end up with a great carribian tam by vacations end. But to Magjoy's point, I also burn easy so I apploy alit of sunscreen and try to find shade when possible and wear a hat. Jeff
    PS; Cindy does do indoor tanning and is black in no time and applies tanning lotion instead of sunblock when we get there..don't you just hate that..oh well.

6th Trip Hedo2: June 13th - June 30th 2012
    5th Trp Hedo2: June 16th - June 28th 2011 ( 4th Year wedding Anniversary)
    4th Trip Hedo2: June 7th - June 18th 2010
    3rd Trip Hedo2: June 10th - June 17th 2009
    2nd Trip Hedo2: June 28th - July 5th 2007 (Honeymoon)
    Virgin Trip Hedo2: July 25th - Aug 1st 2006

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast