Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hedo endurance...

Hedo endurance...

Last night was my bachelorette party, so I was drinking, eating and dancing for about 7 hrs and spent most of today recooping. I want to experience Hedo to it's fullest and not spend half my days napping so I can party hard at night. Any tips or magical secrets to "lasting" at Hedo without missing all the fun??
    T & J

Hedo II: April 18-24 2011

While I know that you don't want to spend half the day napping, I am a big proponent of a short afternoon nap daily. That way, you'll have enough energy for the nightlife and won't crash too early, nor spend the entire next day trying to recoup. Unfortunately, I can't sleep late into the day no matter how late I stay out, so I actually end up taking 2 naps a day (I get up at 7:30am, exercise, shower, have breakfast, then take a nap from about 10-11), then another afternoon nap from about 5-6 or so.

Even if you don't nap, the Hedo adrenaline will keep you going, along with the fact that you're on vacation, will mostly be relaxed (much better than working), and can always catch a few zzzz's on a lounge chair!

Unfortunately, yes, that means you might miss a *little* fun sleeping, but guess what? It's Hedo, which means there is ALWAYS more fun to be had!

P.S. We've also decided to take one night out of the week when we go to bed early. That mid-week revive is great-you won't reach the end of the week feeling like a zombie, and it kind of recharges your batteries for the second half!
    "Are you feeling Hedo's Mojo yet?"

Hedonism II, April 21-28 2012

mo@hedomojo.com

It's like a long race, pace yourself. Not a place to power drink. As it's been said
    1 drink 1 water, you got all day and night times 7.

Alot of people , can really get caught up in the first day or so. And with traveling it can be an exhausting day. So just pace yourself, mix in some water with those drinks. It really makes a difference
    Bob

Back again !
    Hedo 2 6-16-25 2017with The Hedo Rockers !
    Group Info
    www.wildwomenvacations.com
    www.hedorockers.com
    Hedo Amigo's 3 -11-18 2017 !
    Hero Amigo Lite 9-30-10-7-2017 !
    NYE's 2017 .. 12-25-30 !

Don't be afraid to go big- but remember to pace yourself some. Most people take at least a short nap most days, whether it be in the afternoon or the evening (we prefer from about 4 to 5 or 6 then out to watch the sunset) and someone said it, there is always more fun to be had. You never know when the most fun will be at 3 PM or 3 AM- there is almost ALWAYS something going on and you will kill yourself trying to experience it all. We LOVE seeing the sunset and then partying all night to watch the sunrise, but in 9 nights each year we only get that far a couple times each trip.
    Nick (and the long lasting Kitty)tm
    Nick and Kitty
    Desire Pearl- September 9-17, 2015

H3 July 2004/2005/2006 August 2007/2008/2009/2010
    H2 July 2007 July/August 2011 July/August 2012
    Temptation Cancun July 2013
    NickandKitty on Facebook

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NickandKitty View Post

and the long lasting Nick to I would imagine.....

Kelly the virgin

Girl I have the same worry ! My hangovers are FIERCE these days lol guess I am getting old. and it doesnt seem to matter what I do to try and prevent it. I am going to rely on hair of the dog and my adrenaline bc I will be sooooo ecxited.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spankme422 View Post
    Girl I have the same worry ! My hangovers are FIERCE these days lol guess I am getting old. and it doesnt seem to matter what I do to try and prevent it. I am going to rely on hair of the dog and my adrenaline bc I will be sooooo ecxited.
    i love power naps so I should be fine,,, drink eat whatever then anap and right back at it.....

I've been three times and here's what worked well for me each time .....I got bit my virgin trip by overdoing the first day and slept through the evening show and piano bar...bummer...vowing to not do that again, I took everyone's advice and a nap for an hour or so....

for the hangovers, I take powdered Gatorade (in the little round plastic container)...i mix it up in the water pitcher in the room...i drink copious amounts of Gatorade in the morning and it helps me rebound well...then a little hair of the dog in the late morning and everything is Irie....

woo hoo...3 days and a short sleep...then I'm off for trip #4.....

Water + fresh fruits at breakfast AND dinner
    an hour nap here and there won't kill you. PLAN your naps. My husband typically plans a nap on tuesday. (PJ night)
    For every alcoholic drink, you should have one wayer (NOT soda) drink.
    eat, even small portions, through out the day.
    get a little blood in your alcohol system, there!
    Don't drink alcohol in your room. When you go back to get ready for dinner, bring ice water. Keeping hydrated is a HUGE key to this!!

set YOUR pace. never try to "keep up"

Blog Entries
    We "time shift" our days. We stay out late and sleep late so we're still getting our 8 hours sleep each day. We rarely ever get to breakfast in the dining room, but there's nothing like a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato and bacon from the nude grill for breakfast. This works well for us and we don't take naps. Like other have said, though, do hydrate by drinking plenty of water during the day. Taking a day in the middle of the trip to lay low and call it an early night is also a good idea, especially if you're staying longer than a week.
    8/9/11 to 8/21/11 SOON COME, BUT NOT SOON ENOUGH!!! Kitten & Angel's Spring Fling 4/5/12 to 4/14/12

Quote Originally Posted by Monieb View Post
    While I know that you don't want to spend half the day napping, I am a big proponent of a short afternoon nap daily. That way, you'll have enough energy for the nightlife and won't crash too early, nor spend the entire next day trying to recoup. Unfortunately, I can't sleep late into the day no matter how late I stay out, so I actually end up taking 2 naps a day (I get up at 7:30am, exercise, shower, have breakfast, then take a nap from about 10-11), then another afternoon nap from about 5-6 or so.

Even if you don't nap, the Hedo adrenaline will keep you going, along with the fact that you're on vacation, will mostly be relaxed (much better than working), and can always catch a few zzzz's on a lounge chair!

Unfortunately, yes, that means you might miss a *little* fun sleeping, but guess what? It's Hedo, which means there is ALWAYS more fun to be had!

P.S. We've also decided to take one night out of the week when we go to bed early. That mid-week revive is great-you won't reach the end of the week feeling like a zombie, and it kind of recharges your batteries for the second half!
    Thanks Mo! I'm a huge fan of naps too, especially spontaneous naps on lounge chairs or a hammock Sounds like you've got a good rhythm to your day and it works well for you! Good advice!
    T & J

Quote Originally Posted by d281 View Post
    for the hangovers, I take powdered Gatorade (in the little round plastic container)...i mix it up in the water pitcher in the room...i drink copious amounts of Gatorade in the morning and it helps me rebound well...then a little hair of the dog in the late morning and everything is Irie....

woo hoo...3 days and a short sleep...then I'm off for trip #4.....
    Thanks! Great tip with the powdered Gatorade...I'll have to get some. Have a great trip! 13 days and a short sleep for us...
    T & J

Quote Originally Posted by NickandKitty View Post
    Don't be afraid to go big- but remember to pace yourself some. Most people take at least a short nap most days, whether it be in the afternoon or the evening (we prefer from about 4 to 5 or 6 then out to watch the sunset) and someone said it, there is always more fun to be had. You never know when the most fun will be at 3 PM or 3 AM- there is almost ALWAYS something going on and you will kill yourself trying to experience it all. We LOVE seeing the sunset and then partying all night to watch the sunrise, but in 9 nights each year we only get that far a couple times each trip.
    Thanks Nick&Kitty...to get over the feeling that I'll be missing out on something, I should just accept that we will have to come to Hedo again!! I can't wait for the sunsets, so I'll get my naps in before that too.
    T & J

Quote Originally Posted by spankme422 View Post
    I hear ya! Adrenaline, short naps and coffee should keep us going though...if I get energized just reading all these forums, I can only imagine how I'll feel once my toes actually hit the sand!
    T & J

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast