Thread: N Resort March 2011

N Resort March 2011

We just returned from a week at the N Resort. It is by far the nicest all-inclusive resort we have ever stayed at. We have never expereinced service like they provide. If we wanted anything, the staff went far above and beyond to provide it. My English husband is an avid football (soccer) fan and there was a big game that was to be played the second day we were there. We could not find it broadcast on any of the televisions. He asked David the bartender about it and David contacted Freddy, the GM, and sure enough, Freddy got the game on the big screen TV and kept sending in drinks and snacks while we watched it. I have never been anywhere with service like that. Words cannot describe the service. Bartenders Christine, David and Julius were always smiling and refilling our glasses. The "dirty bananas" and "Bob Marley shots" were outstanding. We were spoiled by Aleecia always bringing our drinks to the lounge chairs by the pool with a smile.
    The food at N is outstanding. There were always choices to suit anyone's dietary preferences. Some meals were a la carte and some were buffets. Assistant chef Jeffrey takes great pride in the cuisine at the resort and it shows. The food was well-prepared and elegantly presented. Breakfast was buffet style with plenty of familiar and new foods to try. One of the highlights of vacations for me is that I can watch a man make me an omelet every day! I am sorry that I did not get his name, but the "omelet man" at N resort did it fabulously and taught me a bit about Jamaica while I waited. Lunch is served at the grill by the pool. There are lots of options and really, really good jerk chicken and pork. I recommend a jerk chicken wrap prepared by Nadra. Late one night we even had to stop for one on our way back to the room. I am sure we had burned all the calories while dancing! We would sometimes sit at the bar in the pool grill and one of the chefs there (sorry again did not get his name) would let us try whatever he was cooking. We even sampled curry goat which was pretty good.
    One thing that stood out for me was that if we wanted something that was not on the menu, they would prepare it for us anyway.
    Then there was the entertainment staff. Leon tried his best to get everyone involved in all the activities and taught us all about jamaica. Venus and Lisa, aka dancing queens, were always on the dance floor teaching us new steps. Venus was eager to run with me, but I was always too lazy to crawl out of bed. She did do a "sun dance" on our last day to keep the clouds at bay! There are theme nights and if you forgot your bow tie for bow tie night or your fig leaf for fig leaf night, the entertainment staff would gladly help you make one or make one for you. One afternoon the boat captain took us out on the Caribbean in the glass-bottom boat just because we asked. We enjoyed an excursion to the luminous lagoon and a shopping trip to Montego Bay. They do other excursions as well and the Bob Marley tour was highly recommended by some of th other guests. Again the staff makes sure everyone is happy and gets to do whatever he or she needs to do to have a perfect vacation..
    The rooms are clean, big and breezy. Our room had a balcony that was just a few feet from the sea. Sleeping to the sound of waves crashing was amazing. We have been to Hedo when our room was not cleaned for two or three days. This is not the case at N resort. Our room was cleaned and towels replaced twice a day and they were very accomodating about doing it when it was convenient for us. There was beer in the mini-fridge, but I wanted some soda. All I had to do was ask and it appeared.
    The only negatives about N resort for me were that when we were there the wind blew almost constantly and it was a little too quiet. I do believe Freddy would have arranged for the wind to lessen if he could have...to be fair, I do not think we asked him to. There were not a lot of guests the week we were there so it was very low key and quiet. At first that bothered us because we were expecting a more hedo-like atmosphere, but as the week went on and we got to know the other guests, it was nice that it was a smaller group and we could get to know everyone there.
    I really (I mean REALLY) recommend N resort and hope people will give it a try, because I think it is an undiscovered paradise.

We plan on being there May 13-21 and cant wait! Thank you so much for your review, it sounds GREAT! We have done Hedo for the last 18 years but we are trying something new this year and Im feeling good about going to N after such great reviews.

So at the N Resort, I know it's not supposed to be Hedo like. But is there any chance to have 'fun' outdoors? Like maybe after dark on the beach or anywhere else?
    We love Hedonism II