Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bottles of wine?

Bottles of wine?

Are bottles of wine available? I would imagine that wine is available at the bars, but we thought that it may be fun to lay on the beach or in a hammock one night with a bottle of wine and relax.

Blog Entries
    I love wine.. this is a great question...
    Kelly the virgin

We want to be in the midst of the excitement most of the time, but thought that it may be romantic to just find a nice quiet retreat one night with a bottle for just the two of us. Our first trip is coming up June 14 and we are counting down the days!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesandmilfy View Post
    We want to be in the midst of the excitement most of the time, but thought that it may be romantic to just find a nice quiet retreat one night with a bottle for just the two of us. Our first trip is coming up June 14 and we are counting down the days!
    our 1st trip is in 37 days, we are so psyched.. virgin no more LOL
    Kelly

oh and i love the idea me nmike hide away somewhere wine in hand naked and watching the sunset, sweet thoughts

It is available but if you like a good glass of wine, I think you should bring your own. I take a few bottles with me and they will chill it for you. I like a glass at dinner so they keep it and bring me a glass each night. They will also cork it for you, no problem. My first year I had their wine and it wsn't very good, but I'm very picky when it comes to my wine.
    Sex is a two-way treat

HIII
    April 10th-15th, 2008
    March 31st - April 7th, 2009
    March 21st - 28th, 2010
    March 26th - April 2nd, 2011

www HEDO AMIGOS com
    March 26th to April 2nd ~ 2011
    Hedonism II ~ Negril, Jamaica
    www.wildwomenvacations.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chitownJA View Post
    It is available but if you like a good glass of wine, I think you should bring your own. I take a few bottles with me and they will chill it for you. I like a glass at dinner so they keep it and bring me a glass each night. They will also cork it for you, no problem. My first year I had their wine and it wsn't very good, but I'm very picky when it comes to my wine.
    I think I like the idea of someone putting a cork in it....
    LOL
    Kelly the virgin

If you're even a tiny bit of a wine snob, you might want to bring your own. The wine at Hedo is atrocious!
    Liz & Chris

What kind is available?

Thanks for the advice. We're not too snobbish on wine, and have even enjoyed the wine in the box. LOL We may just pack a bottle or two ourselves just to be safe!

Quote Originally Posted by arcntyfun View Post
    What kind is available?
    Red or white wine. Sometimes Martino's will have a bit better bottle than the stuff in the main dining room. I do know plenty of people who don't mind the wine at Hedo...unfortunately (or fortunately?? might be keeping me out of more trouble than I already get in!!!)...I am not one of them.

Liz
    Liz & Chris

I'm not sure if they'd give you a bottle of wine or not, they definitely can't give you a bottle of liquor, but they do hand out bottles of champagne. I'm not sure how you get them but I see them every trip.

I'm not a wine guy, so this may be bad form, however, if you had a 64 oz Bubba Keg, they'd gladly fill it with wine for you so that you could take the bottle of wine without taking the bottle. It's mostly about inventory control, I believe.
    H2 Trip #10: June 14-30, 2014

we are kinda wine people...and enjoy a bottle or two frequently with dinner.....actually the wine at hedo has gotten better, if I recall it is Chilean and quite drinkable..quite a decent selection in town if your up for the cab ride..I like the idea of a bottle on the beach at night..am sure getting a bottle from the bar would be ok

My last visit the wine in the main dining room was Chilean. Brutal Stuff, smelled like old gym socks--and that was the white. The red was marginally better. Martino's was serving the same. I usuall pack a couple of nice bottles and hope that Air Canada doesn't smash them to pieces, as the duty free doesn't stock good wine outbound from T1 in Toronto (or they didn't last time)!

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelPanic View Post
    I'm not sure if they'd give you a bottle of wine or not, they definitely can't give you a bottle of liquor, but they do hand out bottles of champagne. I'm not sure how you get them but I see them every trip.

I'm not a wine guy, so this may be bad form, however, if you had a 64 oz Bubba Keg, they'd gladly fill it with wine for you so that you could take the bottle of wine without taking the bottle. It's mostly about inventory control, I believe.
    Maybe you could bring an empty bottle of wine and several spare corks?

That way you could get them to fill your bottle and cork it for you. This solves their inventory control issues, and your bottle of wine desires.

Mike L.
    Hedonism II
    April 23 - April 30, 2011

We have gotten bottles of wine before....maybe it was because they were tired of refilling our glasses...ha!~ At least at H3 the wine was better in Pastafaria, it was from Chile and they also had some Chianti on occasion. We have been passed bottles of rum creme in the nude pool too..but they did want the bottles back. BTW...the red is not bad, for us very drinkable...but we def are not wine snobs.

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast