Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spa?

Spa?

WE were at Hedo II last Dec. but never made it to the Spa. We were interested in a massage but were worried about the qualifications of the staff. Has anyone used the spa and what was your experience? Are the staff reasonably well trained/skilled? What is the cost?

Thanks

Registered User phillycouple621's Avatar
    Wife got a massage last May...absolutely loved it. She said it was probably the best she has had. Highly recommended and in April, she will get one again. Cost is comparable to any all inclusive resort. If I recall it ws somewhere between $65 and $90 for the hour or so. We thought the price was fair.
    Hedonism II May 28-31, 2010

Hedonism II April 7-10, 2011

Hedonism II November 2-6, 2015

Hedonism II July 27-31, 2016 YSW

Hedonism II July 20 to 25 2019

phillycouple622 - SLS

Phillycouple621 - kik

All of the BEST massages I have ever had were at Hedo! And I can honestly say a few of them have put me to sleep it was so relaxing! I've tried to find a place at home that's as good, but I can't. (Hmmmmm, maybe it's different cause I am on vacation?) Go enjoy, it is worth it.
    Tiffany and Armando
    Hedonism II December 3-12, 2022 with WWW.
    Hedonism II December 2-11, 2021 with WWW.
    Hedonism II December 4-14, 2019 with WWW.
    Hedonism II November 29-December 8, 2018 with WWW.
    Hedonism II November 30-December 9, 2017 with WWW.
    Hedonism II December 1-10, 2016 with WWW.
    Hedonism II December 3-12, 2015 with WWW.
    Hedonism II April 18-27, 2013.
    Hedonism II May 5-14, 2011.
    Temptation Cancun September 3-10, 2011.
    Hedonism II 2009 & 2007

For Di's birthday, last year, I had the spa give her the "works". I told them to throw in everything they had. She was there for about 2 hours and I think it cost around $200. She LOVED it!
    Twelve trips under our belts.....
    We'll be back with the Amigos in March...

we had a spa treatment in oct and the staff rememberd us from 2 years before well worth the money gonna do it again in a few weeks

we did the couples massage last time we visited hedo ll in April . it was excellent and we will definitely sign up again when we return in a couple weeks. wonderful way to spend a mid afternoon break from the sun

As everyone has said excellent. When I(scott) get a massage I don't want cute and gentle I want someone that could
    moonlight as a torture expert and get right in there and loosen me up. I told them what I wanted and got it!

We have a couples massage every time we go and have always found the staff to be professional and well trained. There are many different spa treatments to choose from but I believe we pay about $80/person for a 60 minute massage. You do get a 10% discount if you are a repeat guest to the spa. Go and enjoy !!!
    Live well, Love much, Laugh often

We treat ourselves to a couples massage on every trip and we have yet to be disappointed. One word of advice: the deep tissue massage is DEEP (i.e. it can hurt) - If you're going to opt for that style of massage, you may well be sore for a day afterwards. All the more reason to spend more time in the hot tub... for therapeutic reasons of course

Blog Entries
    Loco
    thanks for that heads up we wouldnt have known that and he has a bad bad back so probably not the best massage for him... but he will want one when there.. thnks hun
    Kelly the virgin

We get our massages in the massage shack on the beach...nothing more relaxing than feeling the breezes come through the windows as you hear people talk softly on their way to & from the nude pool, distant giggles, birds, the waves lapping at the shore. BLISS!

That said...TALK SOFTLY as you go to & from the nude side while going past the shack.

Thanks in advance.

TNR
    "Well, it’s a sad, sad situation. Now I need a goddamn vacation."
    - Jaret Reddick/Bowling for Soup

Quote Originally Posted by funcouple_nepa View Post
    Loco
    thanks for that heads up we wouldnt have known that and he has a bad bad back so probably not the best massage for him... but he will want one when there.. thnks hun
    Kelly the virgin
    No worries Kelly - there are a variety of massages available, and when you get a couples massage you each get to choose your own type.

As for the debate on beach vs. the spa facility - we have to say after having done both that the spa wins for us. The beach-side hut is fabu, don't get us wrong, but for total relaxation, it's really hard to argue with the facilities up at the spa. The sound of the waterfall, the scent of the massage oil & candles, and the touch of some of the best masseuses we've ever experienced makes it an absolute dream. Never mind how much the staff goes above and beyond - Shoot, after one massage the girls asked us if we wanted / needed anything, and being a snarky ass I blurted out "A dirty banana right now would make this just about perfect.' I was told to relax, and not 5 minutes later there was a drink in my hand. I was absolutely humbled and you can be sure I left one helluva tip after that.

had many massages at hedo but never in the spa. We have only been in the spa for private play partys were you can again, recieve a massage at no cost!!!
    I would rather have a full bottle in front of me,
    than a full frontal lobatomy!!!
    H 2 7/26-8/2

My wife and I have had several different massages at the spa. All of the women do a great job and will ask you if they are massaging to hard or soft. We've had relaxing and deep tissue. We usually do both. Typically they are $80 - 100 per person with a discount for returns or if the women are out drumming up the business throughout the resort. We have them every vacation. You have to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by locogringo View Post
    The beach-side hut is fabu, don't get us wrong, but for total relaxation, it's really hard to argue with the facilities up at the spa. The sound of the waterfall, the scent of the massage oil & candles, and the touch of some of the best masseuses we've ever experienced makes it an absolute dream.
    I agree with that too, especially the sound of the waterfall....except that the air inside the spa rooms is somewhat still and was very warm when I got a massage up there. It was not air conditioned that I could tell and I was sweating. I can't remember which trip that was, but it may have been toward the summer.

It's all good...whatever you prefer.
    Last edited by tamnrudy; 03-07-2011 at 08:55 AM.
    "Well, it’s a sad, sad situation. Now I need a goddamn vacation."
    - Jaret Reddick/Bowling for Soup

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast