Thread: Feb 19-26, 2011 Report

Cool Feb 19-26, 2011 Report

Still interesting after a dozen trips – Trip #12

Arrival
    Instead of snow, there were high winds on the morning of my flight. Due to this wind, the airport was only using one runway for take-offs and landings. Luckily, the flight was only delayed a few minutes and still landed ahead of time in JA. Unfortunately, the immigration line upon arrival was long and got longer (went up the ramp as far as I could see) as I waited. Once past immigration, baggage claim and customs were a breeze, and the shuttle was waiting for me.

After getting about 3 hours of sleep between the night before and the flight, my mind was a bit blurry, but soon met a great couple who I chatted with and found another couple who I knew from a previous trip on the shuttle ride. Check-in was easy and my ‘Sandals’-view room was made my home for the week.

Weather, Water, Sun & Beach/Pool Activities
    The weather was perfect most of the week, with the only real clouds on Friday (day before I left). I spent quite a bit of time in the ocean with friends this trip and by friends I mean guests and the 1,000’s of 6 inch gray ‘pecker’ fish {always tease newbies that they like big worms }. This is the first trip that I literally couldn’t see the ocean floor some days because of mass amounts of these fish. They were being driven into the beach area by a few larger fish that would swim through and snack on them from time to time (along with the pelican and sea gulls that dove for dinner). Along with the fish we saw a fairly large eagle ray, star fish and what I call a couchie slug {underwater slug type creature with 2 top-side lips}.

Most days, the ECs would setup a speaker and use a PSP for beach side music. The fluffs also had an oil wrestling event and body shot marathon. It was good to see the ECs actually participating in some activities. I walked up just in time to see ‘Fifty’ in the wrestling pool with 2 ladies – not sure how it happened but his EC shorts ended up coming off and ended up on 1 of the gals – they allowed him to keep his underwear…nice peeps that they were. Hehe! Another EC ‘Son’ ended up in the pool with a similar situation happening to him, and then he played card games with guests while standing at one of the tables in the pool. While I know there are resort limits as far as staff/guest interactions, it was great to see them involved versus being on the sidelines trying to get people to join activities (hopefully they enjoyed it too).

The bars were tended by a rotating shift of bartenders I know (Paulette, Michelle, Alicia, Scumba, etc.) and a new H3 transfer, Serena. Serena was awesome. She both tended bar and also made the rounds among guests to make sure everything was ok. Since her family is not in Negril, she stays on site during the week and we were able to spend more time with her at the piano bar. Great lady, who I hope will be a long term addition to my JA friends/pseudo-family!

Nightly Activities
    The nightly bartenders were great (Eldon, Maxton, Matta, Delroy, Sheldon, Tista, ‘Dimples’, among others) – always ready to serve whatever I asked for.

The entertainment staff continues to provide most of the nightly entertainment (as well as setup, take downs and overall personalities both day & night). The new EC manager, Nichel, is a very welcome addition. I spent some time getting to know him this trip and was impressed by his work ethic, personality and singing voice. The EC staff really has some very talented singers (Winston, Ferrario, Thrill, Nichel and Melody), personalities (Son, Fifty, Nikky, etc.) and because of this there is a new energy around the place which is wonderful. I still didn’t get much of a chance to meet/talk with many of the new female ECs, but hopefully will on the next trip.

One nice addition to the nightly entertainment was a drum group who used both the stage & dance area, and went through the audience. I thought that was a great thing to do because unless you are within vision of the dance area, you can’t see some of the activities. They were also down in the disco later ready to dance & were really respectful while doing so – good times.

Another really great surprise for me and a few of my friends was on Wednesday when Eaton and Michael (2 previous H2 ECs) performed their trapeze, rope and balancing acts with another current EC (so sorry, can’t remember her name…ugh! – miss the H2 site so I could look names up after the trip). I hadn’t seen them since they had left and both were really missed. It was good to see and be able to catch up with them again. Both work full-time at different resorts and are doing these performances at various locations.

Deon continues to be the main piano player, a very personable personality and has some new tricks up his sleeve. He has learned 80 new songs and hopes to have that up to 100 soon. Song books still need to be replaced with updated/new copies, but between him, a guest bass player/singer and the talented EC staff, they had the piano bar rockin’.

The Fluffernutters were in house this week and had some extra special events such as 2 DJ’d main pool-deck parties with video screens, an astronomer and an additional piano player (so no Karaoke this week). I enjoy the pool parties, but balanced these nights between the piano bar (I love music, so always make a stop in there) and dancing on the deck.

Quick note about Toga night: It seems to be re-surfacing now that sheet type material is being made available. No more sheets are being given out. It was announced that at 4pm toga material would be available and guests could come get what they needed and even cut it into different pieces (much more manageable/fun than the sheets).

Good Memories
     Once again, bringing about 100 condoms down for staff (I work in a health care related job) and being told by someone told me that I had given him condoms when he was still a virgin several trips before (he asked for them!!). Thinking he is having more fun in that area than I am now (though this trip did bring out some crazy times…once again innocent until proven guilty…)! Hehe!

 Kneeling down in the ocean with a couple of close friends one day and discovering 2 fish that seemed to find a safe haven around the guy. I laughed because he was covering his ‘worm’ and then later the fish started darting between my legs and I felt the need to cover my own area as well!

 Watching and being a part of a great idea by friends for friends. A great couple could not go this week as previously planned due to a serious health issue. So, another great couple drew faces and put their names on 2 plates, then proceeded to take a ton of pictures throughout the week with people doing activities that included these plate ‘peeps’ so that they knew they were missed and yet still part of our trip. These plate ‘peeps’ were on the beach, went diving, dancing and I think they even went to bed! This place is ‘known’ for the crazy side, but this really shows how people there are really part of a close knit community of friends who support each other when life gets rough.

 Laughing, teasing and being affectionate with some of the greatest people (both guests and staff) with no expectation for doing more. Guests call me a tease (I don’t know why… ) and a couple staff members made comments about how I laugh from my heart and that I have a good soul – love these peeps!

Helpful Hints
     Write your passport number and expiration date on the resort’s check in slip – this way they don’t need to borrow your actual passport during check-in.

 Use sunscreen – many more lobster colored peeps were seen this trip.

 As served to me by a friend on my last trip, try adding peach, blackberry or even crème de cocoa to a vodka slushy – very yummy.

Comments
     Money really does need to start funneling back into the rooms and property. After working on my own house for months, things that would be so easy to fix and prevent future damage became very obvious. For example, there was no plate behind the shower knob to prevent water from going into the wall and one of the shower doors didn’t close all the way which added to the water that was on the floor outside. The window to my room was not fully closed on the side that didn’t lock – being on the 2nd floor it didn’t bother me as much, just a sign of needed maintenance that is going to add up to more $ being needed later.

 I am not usually one to say anything about the nightly sound volume, but this week the microphone sound really was set too high in the dining area and some nights in the piano bar.
    Last edited by Kyttles; 03-03-2011 at 08:08 PM.
    Learn something new and play everyday!

Lovin' Life at H2!
    Join Us February 23-March 2, 2019!

Lovin' Life Info
    (Castaways Travel Agency Group)

Thanks for the great report gorgeous!! We have missed you and hate we won't see you in July!!!

Let us know when you're in the ATL!!
    "It's not a party 'til somebody gets naked!"
    HII July 14-24, 2011
    http://www.unwindtravel.com/fluff11info.html

Thanks for the great trip report!!
    Hedo II April 19-25 2011 -- Our first visit was AWESOME
    Hedo II July 9-17 2012 -- Honeymoon visit was SEXY

AWESOME report....Since our beloved 3 closed we are very excited to go to 2...Serena was always our favorite at 3..could give all the AMIGOS a good ration of shit..Can't wait to see her in 21 days!!..
    We fell in love with Melody and Son 2 yrs ago and can't wait to see them again! 2 yrs ago they were always around doing fun stuff at the pool. Last yr there was only 1 day that the ECs were really visible at the nude pool but it was the Amigo Blowout party and we had a blast!!!!
    20 days 16 hrs!!!! HELL YA!!!!!

Rock out with your cock out!!!
    Jam out with you clam out!!!
    Black out with your rack out!!!:

WE thought the people with the plates were so cool. They even took pictures on the piano. Great way to keep friends together even if they couldn't be there.
    Joe & Ellen
    Desire Pearl - April 18-26, 2023
    Hedonism II - July 18-26, 2023
    Desire Pearl - September 5-13. 2023
    Nile Lifestyle Cruise - January 26 - February 8, 2024

AFF & Kasidie- Empty_Nesters
    SLS - CT_empty_nesters
    SDC - emptynesters1
    http://www.sdc.com?ref=9857

Registered User Allan_Elizabeth's Avatar
    The people with the plates "stole" our Canadian Flag .........with our permission to send to the couple who could not make it. They live just north of us here in Ontario and we missed by many. We hope the husband is doing well and that we will see them next year. This was a fantastic trip our 5th with the Fluffs - some of the friendliest people at Hedo.

293 d till we return......it seems like such a long time.

Next trip Dec 15 - 21 2019

Oh the places those plates where at...I know that our "plate" friends got more action than I did. Our friends will love that!

It was great seeing you again and also great to meet you Joe and Ellen. Absolutely great time!!

Thanks for another great report
    Huggs and Kisses to our FRIENDS (the plates).
    We missed you both. Get well soon!
    A & D