Thread: Scuba Diving at Hedo II

Scuba Diving at Hedo II

Hi Everyone,
    Just wondering if anyone could post some specifics about Scuba Diving at Hedo II?
    It will be my first time post-certification, so I am a little nervous. And want to make sure I'm fully prepared. (Plus, need to make sure I cash in my pennies and am prepared!)
    Thanks!

I did my open water certification on my last trip and all I can say is that Richie is one of the most caring, thoughtful, and knowlegable guy that I've ever met. He made me feel so confident at what I was doing and I truely would trust him with my life.

The whole water sports crew is fantastic! I had brought my own mask, fins and regulator, and this year I have my own BCD. Mostly because the resort BCDs , although in great shape, didn't have available clips and such to secure octopus lines.

I'll be doing the advanced certification on this trip. We leave in less than 4 weeks!! Whooot!!!
    Twelve trips under our belts.....
    We'll be back with the Amigos in March...

There is a good thread on Dennyp.com that has a lot of good info about Hedo2 scuba. You will be in good hands. Our first ocean dives after certification were there. You won't need to cash in anything as the diving is included and there is no expected tipping. Feel free to PM us with specific questions

Phillygirl, the guys at the dive shop are great to dive with and it won't cost you a thing. And since you will be there the same week as us I can say that beyond the excellent resort staff and you man, you will be in the company of a number of excellent divers including an instructor and a couple of dive masters. We'll all watch out for you and help you feel comfortable both on the dives and on the beach.

Registered User caughtyoulookin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Be sure to go down to the watersports bldg. with your C-card and fill out the paperwork as soon as you arrive. You'll pick up beach towels there too. Dives for open water & scuba certified divers is at 11:30AM. We like our own mask & snorkles, so that's all we bring. The biggest challenge for us is: we sometimes lack the discipline to drink lightly and go to bed early enough to dive the next day.
    I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by dsquared View Post
    Phillygirl, the guys at the dive shop are great to dive with and it won't cost you a thing. And since you will be there the same week as us I can say that beyond the excellent resort staff and you man, you will be in the company of a number of excellent divers including an instructor and a couple of dive masters. We'll all watch out for you and help you feel comfortable both on the dives and on the beach.
    I can not believe it is included!beyond awesome!