Thread: Feb 2011 - long weekend trip report

Post Feb 2011 - long weekend trip report

I took my girlfriend to N-Resort for a long weekend from Feb 4-7. I won't give the travel details, everyone has good or bad flights. We found the transfer bus easily by asking for the desk for N-Resort/Pebbles. We were the only couple on the bus going to N. It's the first resort the bus stopped at and only took about 40 minutes, including a beer stop.
    The check-in area was nice. Small, but with no other people, plenty of room. A guy named Lenox showed us to our room and gave us a quick tour of the room and main resort area. We were starving so sat down to eat at the poolside grill and bar. It felt weird being fully dressed while everyone walked around in the nude. But people understood we had just checked in and no one made an issue of it. We met a few other guest right then.
    Once we ate we headed to the room for a quick celebration and to strip off those pesky clothes. Back at the pool there were a few people lounging around. Everyone seemed to know everyone else. We found out that there were only about 15 couples staying there. With such few guests everyone meets everyone else. It made for a nice, friendly intimate atmosphere. There were never more than 35 people the whole time we were there.
    Getting drinks was never a problem. The staff strives very hard to make everyone feel welcome. The staff could use a little more polish to refine some of the functions they do. But that will come with time and experience. I'm sure routines will develope over time and with more guest.
    The food was usually excellent and plentiful. The set up a special dinner buffet for the Superbowl on Sunday night.
    The rooms are much bigger and nicer than HedoII. The wood walls and ceilings are beautiful. Good size bathrooms and plenty of water pressure. The AC worked well. Too well on one night, when it froze up and started spitting out ice at 3am. LOL. We survived and laughed about it. We had an ocean view room about 50 from the beach. We didn't get upgraded, but, then again, we didn't ask to. We were in block 8 and it wasn't far to anything.
    The grounds are well tended and beautiful. Hammocks and day beds are all over and give you lots of options for places to relax. The staff tends the grounds well and keep things spotless.
    The beach is beautiful. But, due to the constant wind and waves, it's a little rough and cloudy. We're pool people, so that wasn't a problem for us. The pier gives you a nice place to sun or have a private conversation. The breeze keeps you cool and you don't feel like your going to melt while catching a tan.
    The other guest were what you come to expect at nudist resorts, friendly, out-going and fun to talk with. We met quite a few great couples and exchanged contact info when we left. There were no PDA's while we were there. Unless you count what we did on our private balcony.
    Most guest we spoke with were perfectly happy about that. They and we were content to just be happy naked and keep our fun time private. The resort does not have the late-night crowd that HedoII has. But that could just be due to the small amount of guest. That may change as the resort fills up.
    We will be going back again. We like everything about N-resort. Hope to see you there some day.
    Breathe...Relax...Drink ...Nothing is forever.
    June 18 - 27, 2008
    March 25 - April 2, 2009

Nice report....sounds like you had a fun relaxing time.......

I'm wondering if you or anyone else here who has been to N-Resort has also been to Grand Lido Negril? We were there two years ago and while it was a nice relaxing time for us and we had a great ground level room facing the nude beach the place obviously needed tender loving care. I read some other reviews elsewhere about what is now a Breezes and it seems things have gotten worse. I don't recall the food being anything to write home about either.