Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our take on N-Resort

Our take on N-Resort

I better get this written before memories are all faded.....kind of like our tan! We spent 7 days at N, from 1-25 thru 2-1.

Our trip down was uneventful, we flew Delta out of MSP with a 45 min layover in Atlanta. Everything was fine except we arrived at gate A30 something and our flight to MBJ left out of E20 soemthing.......total opposite ends of a huge airport. It was close but we made it, they were announcing our names to please board the flight as we came down the concourse. The fight from ATL to MBJ was nice, they had those little monitors on each seat with satellite TV, made the flight go really fast.

Once on the ground we proceeded to customs. Came around the corner and there were only about a half dozen people in line woohoo! Then we found out that on the plane they had misinformed everyone, we EACH needed a filled out customs form, not one per household! By the time we got another, filled it out(after screwing up a couple of them!) the line was a couple hundred people. It went pretty fast, about 15 min and we got our luggage and made it through the final check.

We had requested a private transfer to the resort so I was told to go outside and there would be someone waiting with my name on a paper. My mistake is we went out the door where the buses pick up.....wrong spot. We finally asked someone, got to the right spot, you have to go where the taxi's are for the private transfers. Our driver was very nice, actually felt really safe, he was a good driver. No stops and in about 30 minutes we pulled in to N-Resort.

Lobby is very small compared to H2, they offered us a rum punch and checking went quickly. We also got a safe deposit box, no charge for it but it is fairly small. We put in our wallets, one cell phone and out "extra" cash. A laptop or bigger camera would not fit. I left my laptop on the dresser the entire trip without a problem. I didn't hear of anyone else have problems either. BTW, wifi worked pretty good for us.

Room was very nice, much bigger than H2(and nicer), bathrooms are bigger as well. We always had hot water, although not super hot, the showers always felt refreshing. Our TV worked, although cable quality wasn't great, and they only have basic cable, no premium channels and no Playboy channel. We did have about a day and a half that the cable went out, never heard why but it was more than just our room. We also got a ocean front room, we booked an ocean view so that was nice, we were literally 20 feet from the water. We both felt our bed was too firm for us, if you like your bed on the firm side it may be perfect but I thought it was hard. They also kept the mini fridge nicely stocked with Red Stripe, and turned down our beds every evening while we were at dinner.

We fell into a routine of spending our mornings on the pier, then moving up around the pool later in the day. I usually got breezy later, around the pool you had protection from the wind. We also got involved in the water slide competition and volley ball....we had a blast doing both. Like I had mentioned in another thread you may want to wear water shoes if you plan on playing a lot f volley ball, the bottom of the pool is rough and will chew up your feet!

By late afternoon we would hit the hot tub for an hour or so, then usually head up to our room for a short nap, then shower and get ready for dinner. They had themes each night, participation was actually pretty high, not so much by us, but others did which always makes it more fun. Like others have said meals were very good, always had a choice of chicken, seafood, and one other meat, plus a vegetarian meal. Drinks are also very good. By evening I was ordering my vodka-tonics, they usually made them with Grey Goose vodka, I also saw Absolute, Smirnoff....I think they had others too.

We only made it to the disco one night, for about 20 minutes, and never did the piano bar, neither is really our thing. We watched the entertainment, it was typical resort stuff, fun but nothing really special. Then back to the hot tub for a couple more drinks before bed. We were usually in bed between 10 and 11:30, certainly not Hedo-like here! But if we wanted Hedo we would have went to Hedo. This was EXACTLY what we had hoped for, fun, relaxing, great service and wonderful staff and guests. After a few days everyone new everyone else. We saw no PDA's, but didn't really expect to.

The grounds are very nice, very mature plants, the staff works tirelessly on keeping the beach raked and the gardens clean.

Other things we did. Went snorkeling once, did the luminous lagoon trip, ate at "time-N-place" right next door, I read a book, I don't think I had finished a book since college!

Complaints. Not many. I wish they had longer straws, we brought our own big mugs, they were too tall for the straws so we had to put two together. Like I said I thought our bed was to hard. Maybe a better sound system around the pool, not a big deal to me.

Some of what we really liked about the place may be a part of the lower guest levels right now. Towels were never a problem, lounges always available. No lines for food or drinks. Staff always available for drinks and such......oh, and good tasty food. When/if the resort is full I wonder if those things will still hold true.

We are planning on going back again next year, same time and hopefully a lot of the same people!

Oh, they made us a cake and brought us champagne on our anniversary too....nice!

G&B

Very nice trip report.....Thanks for that.... Did you snorkel at the resort or go on a tour? Also are the hot tubs well maintained? S & T

The resort has a glass bottom boat that they take out for snorkeling, it is kind of by request, they always seemed willing to take groups out. The day we went I would say the snorkeling was comparable to H2, I heard the other spot some went to was much better. N has better equipment than the last time I snorkeled at H2.
    The hot tubs get drained and refilled daily, so the water is pretty clean. Temp can vary, one night one of the hot tubs was 116! The other at that time was 110, still too hot for me. Most of the time the temp wasn't bad and the staff was very willing to try to get it "just right"........now one person's "just right" can be too hot (or cold) for others.

Is the hot tub as large as H2?

They have two hot tubs, one on each side of the pool with a bar in between them. They are both the same size, each smaller than the nude hot tub at H2, but together they would probably be bigger. That is it though, no other working hot tubs on the grounds right now. They have another old one between a couple of the buildings near the beach but it isn't working I hear they are planning on removing it. Apparently a left over from FDR Pebbles.

Great report GBSoren ! Bang on ...
    One side note about that abandoned hot tub, its too bad because it was a nice looking one and in a good location (right beside our building 10), but apparently they trashed it to get the motors to make the other two tubs by the pool, so it will definitely be removed at some point !

Thanks for those updates....... this resort just keeps sounding better and better......

Thanks for the updates, agree with dosequisluvr it keeps sounding better and better......

N resort

Absolutely agree with GBSoren, who by the way, are a fantastic couple, and absolutely right about N resort. We were there from Jan. 20th to 30th and will be going back next year at the same time!!! Hopefully, it won't grow so big that we won't be able to get in. and yes that huge hot tub to the east would be really nice if they get it going as well!! Miss Geoffrey, Venus, Pauline, Chantelle, Michael, Sanchez, Julius, Nichola, Christine and I know I am forgetting many more who took such great care of us and went out of their way to make sure our nakation was the best! Everyone we met, that were guests with us, were just fantastic and miss them already, hoping they will book same time next year!!! By the way it's 2 degrees Far. right now at home, and Jamaica is very much on our minds!!!!!

We are heading there next week, I would like to ask a question about the theme nights . Do we need to bring anything ? Also, were there any vacation photos taken. I assume we can go onto the beach , but what about on the resort?

We took a lot of pictures of the grounds, none of other people. The "strict" no camera policy is really not that strict, we saw people taking pictures all over the grounds, nobody really cared. Just make sure if you get others in the photos they are aware and ok with it. Like I said in my trip report (which after reading it back I wish I would have taken the time to proof it!), after a couple of days you know everyone else at the resort.

Quote Originally Posted by GBSoren View Post
    I better get this written before memories are all faded.....kind of like our tan! We spent 7 days at N, from 1-25 thru 2-1.

Our trip down was uneventful, we flew Delta out of MSP with a 45 min layover in Atlanta. Everything was fine except we arrived at gate A30 something and our flight to MBJ left out of E20 soemthing.......total opposite ends of a huge airport. It was close but we made it, they were announcing our names to please board the flight as we came down the concourse. The fight from ATL to MBJ was nice, they had those little monitors on each seat with satellite TV, made the flight go really fast.

Once on the ground we proceeded to customs. Came around the corner and there were only about a half dozen people in line woohoo! Then we found out that on the plane they had misinformed everyone, we EACH needed a filled out customs form, not one per household! By the time we got another, filled it out(after screwing up a couple of them!) the line was a couple hundred people. It went pretty fast, about 15 min and we got our luggage and made it through the final check.

We had requested a private transfer to the resort so I was told to go outside and there would be someone waiting with my name on a paper. My mistake is we went out the door where the buses pick up.....wrong spot. We finally asked someone, got to the right spot, you have to go where the taxi's are for the private transfers. Our driver was very nice, actually felt really safe, he was a good driver. No stops and in about 30 minutes we pulled in to N-Resort.

Lobby is very small compared to H2, they offered us a rum punch and checking went quickly. We also got a safe deposit box, no charge for it but it is fairly small. We put in our wallets, one cell phone and out "extra" cash. A laptop or bigger camera would not fit. I left my laptop on the dresser the entire trip without a problem. I didn't hear of anyone else have problems either. BTW, wifi worked pretty good for us.

Room was very nice, much bigger than H2(and nicer), bathrooms are bigger as well. We always had hot water, although not super hot, the showers always felt refreshing. Our TV worked, although cable quality wasn't great, and they only have basic cable, no premium channels and no Playboy channel. We did have about a day and a half that the cable went out, never heard why but it was more than just our room. We also got a ocean front room, we booked an ocean view so that was nice, we were literally 20 feet from the water. We both felt our bed was too firm for us, if you like your bed on the firm side it may be perfect but I thought it was hard. They also kept the mini fridge nicely stocked with Red Stripe, and turned down our beds every evening while we were at dinner.

We fell into a routine of spending our mornings on the pier, then moving up around the pool later in the day. I usually got breezy later, around the pool you had protection from the wind. We also got involved in the water slide competition and volley ball....we had a blast doing both. Like I had mentioned in another thread you may want to wear water shoes if you plan on playing a lot f volley ball, the bottom of the pool is rough and will chew up your feet!

By late afternoon we would hit the hot tub for an hour or so, then usually head up to our room for a short nap, then shower and get ready for dinner. They had themes each night, participation was actually pretty high, not so much by us, but others did which always makes it more fun. Like others have said meals were very good, always had a choice of chicken, seafood, and one other meat, plus a vegetarian meal. Drinks are also very good. By evening I was ordering my vodka-tonics, they usually made them with Grey Goose vodka, I also saw Absolute, Smirnoff....I think they had others too.

We only made it to the disco one night, for about 20 minutes, and never did the piano bar, neither is really our thing. We watched the entertainment, it was typical resort stuff, fun but nothing really special. Then back to the hot tub for a couple more drinks before bed. We were usually in bed between 10 and 11:30, certainly not Hedo-like here! But if we wanted Hedo we would have went to Hedo. This was EXACTLY what we had hoped for, fun, relaxing, great service and wonderful staff and guests. After a few days everyone new everyone else. We saw no PDA's, but didn't really expect to.

The grounds are very nice, very mature plants, the staff works tirelessly on keeping the beach raked and the gardens clean.

Other things we did. Went snorkeling once, did the luminous lagoon trip, ate at "time-N-place" right next door, I read a book, I don't think I had finished a book since college!

Complaints. Not many. I wish they had longer straws, we brought our own big mugs, they were too tall for the straws so we had to put two together. Like I said I thought our bed was to hard. Maybe a better sound system around the pool, not a big deal to me.

Some of what we really liked about the place may be a part of the lower guest levels right now. Towels were never a problem, lounges always available. No lines for food or drinks. Staff always available for drinks and such......oh, and good tasty food. When/if the resort is full I wonder if those things will still hold true.

We are planning on going back again next year, same time and hopefully a lot of the same people!

Oh, they made us a cake and brought us champagne on our anniversary too....nice!

G&B
    I was wondering if there is any part of the beach that is accessible for swimming as donna and I really love the beach.

We saw a lot of people in the water, more to cool off than actually swim though. Close to the pier seemed to be the most popular spot, as you get farther to the east there was more rocks and urchins. The people we talked to that said by the pier they hadn't seen any urchins. We also saw some people go out by the water sports shack area, they went way out, it's fairly shallow for a long ways out so you can wade and snorkel safely. The water can get fairly rough though, it can and does get breezy.

Are there any lights on the pier so one could see rays and such swimming at night? Thanks S.......

No lights on the pier. We didn't spend much time on the beach after dark, other than the one night they had a "beach party", that evening we ate ont he beach and had a bon fire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast