Thread: December 28, 2010 - January 1, 2011

Cool December 28, 2010 - January 1, 2011

(11th Trip – shorter but still all good ‘mon)

Flight from BWI to Montego Bay was without mishap and there were only about 8 people in front of me at immigration – it went so fast I had to wait for my luggage to come around the baggage belt. Got to the Superclubs lounge and 15 minutes later we were on the shuttle –most were going to H2 vs. Breezes. The drive to the resort took longer this time due in part to traffic in Montego Bay and in Lucea, and also in part to the speed traps set up along the way. This was the first time I had seen a fake cop set up on the side of the road with a speed camera (it was like a life sized cardboard cutout, but made of different material). The shuttles would let each other know where the traps were by flashing their lights as they passed each other.

Arrived at the resort and my room was not ready for another hour or so. I went out into the dining area and it was very strange – I didn’t know/recognize anyone other than Winston (who was meeting with other staff). Throughout the week I noticed who was there that I knew and who was not. The only wild side bartender who I didn’t see this week was Delroy. Most of the other bartenders are still there (Delroy, Eldon, Matta, Maxton, Tista, David, etc.), other than Ricardo (who I heard is in Cuba now – miss him), and for those who remember him, Sheldon is back and still sweet as ever. All the bartenders did an excellent job – most served me what I had ordered last without asking and even before I got up to the bar. I switch drinks a lot, so I would have to give them a signal before they started serving me so they wouldn’t pre-make me a drink so fast.  Steve, Anthony, Noel and Karl from watersports were still there. Most of the ECs are new, other than Winston (who is directing the shows more now), Ferrario, Deen and Nikky. Fifty and Thrill are welcome new male EC additions – they were over at the wild side more than any other this week and have the right energy level. I briefly met Nick (from H3) and Melody, but otherwise didn’t have a chance to talk to the other new ECs or bartenders much. I saw Mega in passing at night, but heard that he is now working on the tennis courts. The dining room servers that I know were also still there and remain as personable as ever.

Overall everything is still the same, warm weather, warm people, sun and whatever fun you want to have. The repeater party had 3 different giveaways – 1 for the most trips (first time win), 1 for the most trips (already won before) and 1 that was a name draw (had to fill out a slip and be there at the time it was drawn).

There was a serious kitchen smoke ventilation issue in Martinos/Pastafari while I was there – smoke was very noticeable and one night friends actually left because it an issue.

Dion is still at the piano bar (other than Mondays and Fridays); however, the piano bar pit was curtained off and not used while I was there. Instead the piano was in the corner next to the TV and it was a bit harder for everyone to see what was happening/participate. On Friday the curtains were removed and the new roof, floor and wood piano surround could be seen – assuming the piano was moved back shortly after that night (I left the following day).

The nightly entertainment was mainly provided by the ECs (they practiced daytime and performed nighttime), with an additional performance provided by a previous EC/now performer Ashley. On NYE, Ashley performed again, as well as a dance crew and another band. I enjoyed one of the last performances done by the ECs, large white screens were set up on each side of the stage with male ECs behind them looking larger than life and moving to the music followed by all the ECs dancing on the stage. After the midnight balloon drop, there was music and dancing in the disco until whenever and a band set up in the courtyard (Dion & some others) that played a mixture of Jazz and other songs until about 3am.

Memories:
     The freedom of being affectionate and dance with so many happy peeps (& not having it mean anything more), meeting new ones and spending time catching up with others. Strangers become friends in a day.
     Continuing to spend quality time getting to know my friends who are also staff, including having one say that he was going to marry me (before someone else stole me away) and even being shown a car engine by another (& people think I say I ‘talk’ and mean something else…)
     Unsuccessfully trying to sneak a birthday in while there only to be sung (the ‘short’ birthday song) several times over and served special drinks – one was a tongue scraper (almost pure vodka)!
     Teasing a certain watersports guy about having the biggest penis on campus and that I had helped another gal ride it (after he blew up a large inflatable one for a guest).
     Watching a guy oogle a friend/guest while she danced near him, joining her in dancing and then getting him to dance a bit for us instead.
     Witnessing my first almost fight between 2 female guests in the piano bar over a seat (when there was enough). It was very disappointing to see – H2 is about happiness not pettiness.
     Leaving the resort at 1pm for a 4pm flight, going through an immigration line that sprawled to the end of the airport terminal and then some, wondering if I was going to have time to get food before the flight and instead being stuck for 4 hours in the Montego Bay airport with 3 other H2 peeps waiting for our airplane to arrive (delayed due to ‘lack of crew’). Good news is that I did get a free ticket out of it - San Diego in the fall is doable now.

Helpful Hints:
     If you are a couple who may not want to see or be around more liberal activities, this week may be a week for you. Both trips during this time have been a bit more laid back and people just enjoying the time away from their lives, versus activities obviously happening everywhere.
     Cover your sensitive parts when entering cold water, dip into the water and then release them (easier than the normal torture).
     Put your sunglasses on while still in the room to avoid having them steam up after leaving it.
     Treat everyone (guests and staff) how you want to be treated and you will get it returned to you many times over.
     Be clear about your own boundaries (what you will, may or won’t do) before you get there and let interested peeps know – so there is no confusion. I am fairly prudish for this place and this rule helps me truly enjoy everything without having people think I will be anything more than affectionate with them.
     Wear sunscreen (a higher SPF than you do in the US and apply it more often) and let people know if they need to put more on. Every trip, I see white peeps one day who look like lobsters the next – ouch!

{Of course, there is more to the trip...but I'm still all about protecting the not so innocent!}
    Learn something new and play everyday!

Lovin' Life at H2!
    Join Us February 23-March 2, 2019!

Lovin' Life Info
    (Castaways Travel Agency Group)

Registered User phillycouple621's Avatar
    great report!! thanks
    Hedonism II May 28-31, 2010

Hedonism II April 7-10, 2011

Hedonism II November 2-6, 2015

Hedonism II July 27-31, 2016 YSW

Hedonism II July 20 to 25 2019

phillycouple622 - SLS

Phillycouple621 - kik

Always enjoy reading your trip reports darlin...not as much as NBH's and hearing your laugh tho. It was great seeing you again if only for a couple of days!