Thread: Just a question about H2's pool & hot tub....

Registered User The Travel Slut's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Question Just a question about H2's pool & hot tub....

I've had a few conflicting reports about the pool and hot tub--specifically the regulation of temperatures.

I'd love to hear from those that have most recently been there and whether the pool/hot tub were nearly un-usable due to the pool being very cold and no way to heat it up and the hot tub being too hot for most for more than a few minutes and again, no way to regulate it.

I'm hoping that the negative reports were simply rare occurrances or at least can be or have been fixed to a level of satisfaction for the majority.

I'll be visiting in March for a few days and my group (FantasyFesters & KrewedeKrazyLifers) does not attend until late June so any June experiences with the pool or hot tub are also welcomed.

Happy New Year everyone! :-)

Ann, TS

When we were there the first week of Dec., the pool was cool but by no means unusable, Hot tub also was at times only lukewarm, never cold.

It usually fine but sometimes it feels only warm sometimes it feels to hot we would say it hit or miss with the hot tub. Either way we find we go to the hot tub every night even though we have a Jacuzzi room.
    Alice & Lewis

Hedo July 9-July 19-2014 with the Fluffernutters
    Hedo Dec 22-29-2012 with the Fluffernutters

Just returned a few days ago. Pool was cool because of the weather. This was one of the coolest times and the localswere even complaining about being cold at night when the temps dropped into the high 60's. Hot tub is always a hit or miss. I dont know if some one plays with the temp or if the controls have to much swing between when it turns on and shuts off. There were a few nights when it felt really hot but then the air temp was cooler than normal. Some people want the hot tub to be the same temp as the one they have at home. However, the temp has to be below a certain amount so that people can stay in it for hours at a time. Water at 102 degrees, mixed with a person drinking and then staying in for more than 30 minutes is asking for a health problem.
    First trip to Hedo II.....1986
    First couple tossed out of the Grand Lideo..opening week

Registered User caughtyoulookin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The pool recently was uncomfortable and there's not alot one can do but quick dips and get out. The weather was colder than normal, so if they depend on solar heat, that explains it. The watersports guys should have the huttub set where, as Bill says, it isn't going to make someone sick.
    I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

We were there in August this past summer, and the pool was fine. The hot tub, however, was iffy. It was either too cold (tho I will blame the rain for that) or, more often than not - extremely hot and overly chlorinated. We spent a lot of time sitting along the edge with just our feet in the water.

We still managed to have a great time, regardless
    Pretty S and Billy Beards

Jul 09 - 16 20156 H2
    ______
    Jul 12 - 18 2015 H2
    ______
    Jul 12 - 19 2014 H2
    ______
    Aug 04 - Aug 11 2012 H2
    ______
    Aug 27 - Sept 04 2011 H2
    _____
    May 07 - 10 2010 H3
    Aug 14 - 21 2010 H2
    _____
    Aug 15 - 22 2009 H3
    Aug 23 - 30 2008 H3
    Sept 01 - 08 2007 H3

We go a couple times a year usually November and February. We find the pool is O.K. temp wise, the hot tub on the other hand is a whole other issue. I don't think they have ever heard of a thermostat. I think they turn on the heat and when someone complains they turn it off. So its either to hot or later its to cold.
    Desire's Feb.9th to 16th 2012
    Freedom of the Sea's Nov. 2012
    Northaven Resort all summer long
    SLS JP27

Blog Entries
    Thank you everyone for your replies. I think the feedback I received about the pool being too cold was due to the weather and rain and should not be an issue in late June when I take my group back for our reunion-rendezvous.

The hot tub, however, appears to be a hit/miss and either lukewarm or way to hot (which was reported to me). I would hope that repeated requests of staff to regulate the temperature to an acceptable level for health and safety plus comfort levels would be answered.

Quote Originally Posted by The Travel Slut View Post
    Thank you everyone for your replies. I think the feedback I received about the pool being too cold was due to the weather and rain and should not be an issue in late June when I take my group back for our reunion-rendezvous.

The hot tub, however, appears to be a hit/miss and either lukewarm or way to hot (which was reported to me). I would hope that repeated requests of staff to regulate the temperature to an acceptable level for health and safety plus comfort levels would be answered.
    It has been years we wish they would fix it but that not happening anytime soon.
    Alice & Lewis

Hedo July 9-July 19-2014 with the Fluffernutters
    Hedo Dec 22-29-2012 with the Fluffernutters

In June, the pool will be fine during the day, but late at night can feel a little chilly, depending on the air temps and the amount of rain that day, if any. The hot tub, on the other hand, as everyone else has said, is very hit or miss. Even between dinner and midnight it can fluctuate wildly.
    H2 Trip #10: June 14-30, 2014

Blog Entries
    Thank you again to everyone that has replied. I really appreciate the timely feedback.

We are usually there in the June time frame and I would say the Pool is cool but nice (when it's not raining) and the hot tub is great!..later in the evening..way to hot during ther day. IMO (In My Opinion)

6th Trip Hedo2: June 13th - June 30th 2012
    5th Trp Hedo2: June 16th - June 28th 2011 ( 4th Year wedding Anniversary)
    4th Trip Hedo2: June 7th - June 18th 2010
    3rd Trip Hedo2: June 10th - June 17th 2009
    2nd Trip Hedo2: June 28th - July 5th 2007 (Honeymoon)
    Virgin Trip Hedo2: July 25th - Aug 1st 2006

We didn't have a problem with either over New Years...yes pool was a bit cool, but air was HOT and nice to cool off...Hot Tub....10 days never had an issue getting in, temp did vary a bit, but never uncomfortably hot or cold!
    Sabina and Scott
    NEW YEARS EVE H2
    Dec.27 to Jan.5th 2019

12th Anniversary New Years Like No Other!!

It's only Hard Core when YOU'RE not doing it!!!

Blog Entries
    Thank you for feedback...I really appreciate it and will pass it on to my group....we are building up the excitement--especially to new people joining our Krewe. :-)