Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trip Report for up-coming trip...12/31/2010 to 1/9/2011

Trip Report for up-coming trip...12/31/2010 to 1/9/2011

I know this isn't the correct forum for a trip report, but I need to vent. Here is our trip report: We live in Staten Island New York, and if no-one saw the weather forcasts, we had some snow Sunday into Monday morning, about 21" we were scheduled to leave Tuesday morning, (key word "scheduled"). I guess you can see where this is going? All day Monday, I tried callnig Delta, and a recording came on the phone saying that due to the severe weather, they were not able to take phome calls, to go to their website, which I did, but that must have been so overloaded, that wasn't much help either. I did check the status of the flight and it said "ON-TIME" but couldn't print out a boarding pass, so we leave the house at 3 pm to drop off the kitty cat to the in-laws in northern New Jersey along with 1 vehicle for the pick-up on the return home. We make our drop off and off we go, through the Lincoln tunnel, down the west side of Manahattan, through the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel, onto the BQE to the Belt Parkway and to the Hilton Garden Inn @ JFK Airport because we had a room there for the night before the flight. We check in and we take the jitny to Delta's terminal, go to the kiosk to print out our boarding passes, and there is the message I was praying I wouldn't see!!!! "There has been a change in your itinerary, you need to see a ticket agent" So on line we go..... a Delta representative was handing out little cards with 800 phone numbers on them to call to rebook, and the airport was in the midst of opening, there were planes loading, matter of fact, anyone in the terminal on flight 001 to London went right to the front of the line. So I call the 800 number, and yep, it was confirmed, our flight was CANCELLED....you can imagine the words and thoughts going through my head, so I compose myself and ask "when is the next available flight, either at JFK or Newark?" The reply was nothing out of Newark for the near future, but JFK, thursday evening @ 7:30pm, with a stop in Detroit, and Atlanta, and arriving at Montego Bay Friday at 12:40pm, and we were booked 1st class, and all these flights were not first class, so next question was, "do you have anything at all 1st class?" And yep, leaving Friday the 31st @ 8:20am and landing @ 12:40pm, no stops, one plane, one take-off, and one landing, so that was a no-brainer, thank you, thank you, thank you, please give me those seats. So now we don't want to keep our return date, because that would only give us 5 nights @ Hedo, compared to the original 8 nights booked. So back to the hotel, grabbed some food, some drinks, and even some mild hotel sex, hotel sex is fun, you can read I am feeling a little bit better now. So we get a good nights sleep, up Tuesday Morning, back on the road to northern New Jersey to pick up the kitty cat and the vehicle, and call Castaways Travel to see if we can extend our days, speak with Jennifer there, She was a sweet heart, not a problem, and get the room untill Sunday January 9th, so we even get to stay an extra night. We pick up the vehicle, Jo- goes off to work, I go home with the kitty cat, and to snow drifts to my waste, there I am, blowing snow in 30 degree temperatures when we were suppose to be nekkid at the pool with drinks in hand. Now I call Delta to find out about changing the return flight to go along with the change in the room dates, ans speak with Nicky, (female Nicky) She too was great, moved us no problem, and still sitting in the front of the plane.
    So the reasons for this thread was two fold, 1 to vent, which I thank everyone who has read this and listened to me, the other, is too see who is going to be there the same dates? We were scheduled to be with The Bare Bottom Bunch for the majority of our vacation, but most of them will be leaving a day or two after we get there, and Hedo is much more fun when you are with others, so anyone there up untill the 9th of January, drop us a line and say "Hi"....Thanks Jo-Anne (Jo-) & Mark
    Jo- & Mark

Mark and Jo
    sorry to here what happen. but all good at the end happy new year go have a BLAST

mark and jo

you know the old saying "better late than never" enjoy yourselves. we will be thinking of you when we are still shoveling. have a great vaca.

Blog Entries
    hey guys have a great time we went thru something similar for acruise,, what apain in the ass... anyway have fun wish we were there Ihate all this NY snow... yuck

Omg i know the weather we have had this last week has been very bad. I just hope you have the best vacation ever after all you have gone threw. One of the guys that work for me just left monday 12-27-10 for him and his wifes first trip to jamaica. They went to couples negril, I don`t know yet if they were delayed but i hope they were not. I talk about H2 all the time and Jamaica ,And just want them to expierince just alittle of what we do. Then again hope you have a great trip . Hope to here about it when you all get back..

That really sucks - but maybe everything happens for a reason...and hey, now we get to party with you for an extra few days! 4 sleeps to go, see you at the pool!

hi there
    I am going to be there from jan 1-8th, looking forward to seeing you there!

Hi guys, sorry to hear you were delayed. Glad to hear you will be able to get a full week in. You guys add a lot of humor and fun to this board

we are going to be there until the 9th as well providing we dont have any weather delays wish us luck see ya there.

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore View Post
    Mark and Jo,

Sorry to hear of your situation but glad that it will work out ( although a few days late). You handled it better than I would have. Have a great ( and trouble free) trip and give us a full report when you get back. I called Scumba and he is putting your drinks on my tab!

Have fun in the sun!
    Make sure Scumba has them lined up for us, and we wish you Guys a Happy New Year....Thank you
    Jo- & Mark

Quote Originally Posted by beachbum61 View Post
    Mark and Jo
    sorry to here what happen. but all good at the end happy new year go have a BLAST
    So far, it seems good, but I should have known, beacause usually when packing and getting ready, I'm like a kid @ Christmas, as we were weighing the suitcases, I was not a happy camper, keeping fingers crossed, but its looking good. Thank you
    Jo- & Mark

Quote Originally Posted by hedoforus View Post
    mark and jo

you know the old saying "better late than never" enjoy yourselves. we will be thinking of you when we are still shoveling. have a great vaca.
    Oh we will, and we even booked an extra day too, just think of the snow as sand on the beach....yea, I know, I tried too, it definitely ain't the same!!!! Happy New Year...
    Jo- & Mark

Quote Originally Posted by funcouple_nepa View Post
    hey guys have a great time we went thru something similar for acruise,, what apain in the ass... anyway have fun wish we were there Ihate all this NY snow... yuck
    This was the 1st time we ever encountered anything like this, even Jo- brought it to my attention that we have always had pretty good luck when it came to traveling, so we are just going to have to roll with the punches and make up for lost time when we get there...Thank You....
    Jo- & Mark

Quote Originally Posted by David Warner View Post
    Omg i know the weather we have had this last week has been very bad. I just hope you have the best vacation ever after all you have gone threw. One of the guys that work for me just left monday 12-27-10 for him and his wifes first trip to jamaica. They went to couples negril, I don`t know yet if they were delayed but i hope they were not. I talk about H2 all the time and Jamaica ,And just want them to expierince just alittle of what we do. Then again hope you have a great trip . Hope to here about it when you all get back..

Well I see you Guys are from Michigan, so you know ALL about bad weather, I'm thinking we will have a great time, we are firm believers that things happen for a reason, and there has too be some reason why we got snowed in...LOL Thank you
    Jo- & Mark

Quote Originally Posted by coocoocabana View Post
    That really sucks - but maybe everything happens for a reason...and hey, now we get to party with you for an extra few days! 4 sleeps to go, see you at the pool!
    Only 2 more sleeps for us, and we will definitely be looking to party, and I think your right that things happen for a reason, we believe the same thing. So lets get there and enjoy.... Thank you
    Jo- & Mark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast