Thread: Traveling to the Resort - Which Airport?

Blog Entries

Traveling to the Resort - Which Airport?

Hi Out there.. travelling outside of JAM and its just as nerve racking as the 1st time at Hedo.

What airport do you fly into? It seems that the resort is between airports. How is the drive there? Traffic? pit stops? length of time on road?

Any advice would be much appreciated!
    07/15-07/20

2010: 07/08-07/15@ H3 - 10/08-10/11@ H2 - 11/18-11/24@ H3

Newly Addicted & looking for a Second Job!

Most people fly into Montego Bay (MoBay), and I am assuming you are traveling to Hedo II? With the exception of SuperFun Resort (formerly H3), Super Clubs provides a free shuttle to it's resorts. The shuttle may or may not stop at a roadside bar on the way for Red Stripe, etc. but personally I always preferred to get to the resort and hit the all inclusive bar. As far as travel time, it usually takes around an hour and a half to make it to Negril. Expect to tip anyone that handles your bag and the driver. Also, offers for weed can be plentiful and pushy from the Airport to the Resort.

Another option is to hire a private car, which can also be fun as your driver will likely tell you about the different towns and points of interest on the way. Cost for this varies but $60-80 is typical. That is cost per couple, so don't plan on splitting it with friends. If you don't mind the extra cost, it's good to be able to get off the plane and on your way with no waiting in the Super Clubs lounge.

The final option, though I've never done it (but would like to try it sometime) is to take Tim Air. Travel time from the airport to the resort is less than 30 minutes, and of course the view along the way I'm sure is pretty awesome. I've heard in the past that they let some passengers actually try flying the plane though I have no idea if that still occurs. They land at an airstrip fairly close to Hedo and you can take a taxi or walk to the resort (I doubt I'd hoof it myself with the bags in tow). You can check on their prices at Timair.com

There are NUMEROUS threads on here about traveling to the resort as well as the Pros/Cons.

Jimmy~Rachel
    Last edited by Jimmy~Rachel; 12-07-2010 at 10:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    Fly into Montego Bay & take the free shuttle bus. You will get to beautiful landscapes and meet some people. That's the best and cheapest way to go in my opinion!
    Don't live to work...work to live...live for vacations at Hedo :cool9
    Next trip....9/20/15 - 9/27/15
    4th Trip...7/28/13 - 8/4/12 for Elle's 40th BD
    3rd trip... 3/30/12 - 4/7/12
    2nd trip... 4/2/11 - 4/9/11
    1st trip....9/18/10 - 9/26/10

airport code MBJ only way to go... stay on the north coast, out the doors to the left into the Super Clubs lounge and they will get you on the bus. No problem mon.

Blog Entries
    I'm confused I thought I posted this question for caliente caribe in dominica republica....I've been to both hedo resorts and have a routine for JAM.
    07/15-07/20

2010: 07/08-07/15@ H3 - 10/08-10/11@ H2 - 11/18-11/24@ H3

Newly Addicted & looking for a Second Job!

When we were looking at it, I believe that we found that Puerto Plata and Samana were about the same distance from Caliente Caribe. According to their website, they will arrange transportation from just about any Dominican airport.
    Been to Hedo III twice, met some great people and had a lot of fun.
    Now trying Hedo II, booked with WWV for Jan 29 - Feb 5/ 11

You will fly into porta plata. Nice airport, larger than Jamaica. The bus ride is longer than to Hedo II, but not really a bad trip at all. You will really enjoy the resort. Which room are you staying in? Bungalo, sea side? We plan to return in Feb. Al

Hi Al

Hi Al,

you say you were at caliente caribe, could you give me the low down on this place eg food, booze, where to stay eg rooms, and is it close to hedo 3 as we are looking for an alternative, been to DR 7 times but just normal adult only resorts non nude. We went to hedo 3 in 2010 and hope to maybe find another option. I just havent heard alot of news of this place so if you have time a trip report of sorts would be great. my personal email is firemecan@netscape.net if you wish to just send it there.

thanks so much we are looking at going 1 st week of march 2011

t n j

There is lots of time for rest when your laying face up!
    So enjoy the ride while you can!!!

Dec 14-21/2009 H3 Hedo Virgins
    March 5-12/2010 H3
    March 3-10/2011 H2
    March 1-7/2012 H2
    Feb 14-19/2013 H2
    Jan 23-29/2015 H2

Next trip AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

Quote Originally Posted by T and J View Post
    Hi Al,

you say you were at caliente caribe, could you give me the low down on this place eg food, booze, where to stay eg rooms, and is it close to hedo 3 as we are looking for an alternative, been to DR 7 times but just normal adult only resorts non nude. We went to hedo 3 in 2010 and hope to maybe find another option. I just havent heard alot of news of this place so if you have time a trip report of sorts would be great. my personal email is firemecan@netscape.net if you wish to just send it there.

t n j

we'll see you there. we're also booked for the first week of march! yee ha!
    Going to Hedo II March 12 _ March 19, 2016

http://pstphotos.com

Quote Originally Posted by T and J View Post
    Hi Al,

t n j
    We really missed Caliente Caribe this year. We wasted our money on a cruise. NOT AGAIN. So, For food, you order from a menu, not a buffet. Much better. Sometimes you might want to order dual antres. The Booze is the same as Hedo III, Great and more than you need, lol. We liked staying on the ocean front bungalo. The Sea Cliff rooms are cheaper and very nice but along way from the beach. We are saving to return next year or sooner. The drive from the airport is unique, but nice. The road is very used. Good luck and have much fun. Al

Thats the same problem we are having. POP is booked up so we are flying into SDQ and getting there some way! LOL

Blog Entries
    Santo Domingo airport is 5 hour drive.... Across the width of the country. Where r you flying from?
    Last edited by travelnudecpl; 03-13-2011 at 10:10 PM.

5 hr drive to the resort????? Topless Travel told us 2hrs.????????? WTF.

Blog Entries
    Sorry to rain on your plans, but there is no way one could drive from SDQ to Caliente in 2 hours. Has the agent you spoke to ever been to Caliente???? I have. The next best alternative to flying into POP is to fly into Santiago, not Santo Domingo.
    Here's a link to a trip advisor forum discussion regarding Caliente Caribe discussions: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic..._Republic.html

Just trying to help...Don't want your trip ruined by surprise and very long drive. [IMG] http://twitpic.com/49eg79 [/IMG]. http://twitpic.com/49eg79
    It takes better part of 2 hours from POP, and as u can see Puerto Plata is alot closer than Santo Domingo.
    Last edited by travelnudecpl; 03-14-2011 at 06:43 AM.