Thread: Hedo Amigo Recon Trip – 10/6 to 10/11 2010

Thumbs up Hedo Amigo Recon Trip – 10/6 to 10/11 2010

As one of the organizing couples of the Hedo Amigos we decided to take a quick trip to Hedo II in preparation for our 2011 trip. We needed to check out the property beforehand…tough job but someone has to do it! We had been to Hedo III nine times but only to H2 for a day pass….which I do not remember much of as that was also the first time I tried some of Negril’s “Special Cake.” Once we decided to go we sent a message out to the group letting them know of our sacrifice on their behalf…next thing you knew we had 15 Amigos going!! A little mini Hedo Amigo Group Recon Mission…can I hear a Hell Ya!

Not going to use names of the people who went to protect the drunk and neekid, and I have a hard time relating to initials when I read these reports, so I will refer to their location…for those of you whom know who went, it will be your job to figure which ½ that I am talking about! So…Carolina, Cali, KC, Conn and Texas all flew in on Wednesday and stayed in Montego Bay for the night while Boston and the Canada 3-some met up with the rest of us Thursday @ H2. Just wanted to tell you all we had so much fun with you and so glad you made the trip!!

Wednesday - 10/6: We had a 1:00pm flight to MIA from RDU which was on time and un-eventful. Met up with Cali and Texas and we were off to MBJ mostly on time and customs was a breeze. KC had already landed hours before and met us at the airport with an appropriate 8.5x11 piece of paper that just said “Freaks”!! They had brought a driver named Dennis, who KC had already hired to deliver us to H2 the next morning. We stayed at the Wexford which is a nice and clean, just dated a bit but a great hotel for a quick overnight!! Once we got checked-in (waited a bit…rooms not ready at 9:00pm???) we went to Margaritaville and Coral Cliff for some grub and drinks. Conn met us at Margaritaville as they were staying at the Ritz…forgot to mention that ½ of KC stayed behind because I think HIS pussy hurt! Did not stay out to late, was great to see so many Amigo faces and catch up…the Yahoo Group, Facebook, Phone Calls and Skype are great…but nothing better than seeing people up close and personal. We all were a little tired and excited about getting to H2 in the morning to check out our new home so we all turned in before midnight!

Thursday – 10/7: Was up at 6:30 and ready to get to H2…it had rained hard during the night and that would continue to be a constant theme during our four remaining days. Had a good breakfast at the Wexford and before you knew it we were loaded up with a case and a half of Red Stripe and heading to Negril. Ride took about hour and a half with two quick stops. First new plus to the H2 side is the drive…I like going through the small towns like Lucea and seeing more than the 4 lane road that took you to H3. We love Hedo…but part of that love also goes to Jamaica and its people! We finally arrived and were met in the lobby by EC “Juicy” and the Sales Manager Delano Miller which was real nice. Delano made sure our check-in process went well and Juicy went to the bar and got us drinks!! We were upgraded to Ocean Front Nude, Room 2211, which had a somewhat obstructed but still awesome view of the water and Negril’s 7-Mile beach. Ok the rooms…winner is H3, but everybody already knew that. Yep, they are smaller, older and not as nice. We did have issues with water pressure and only having luke-warm water in the shower. But the beds were nice and our AC worked well and kept our room nice and cold! I think if you were a H3 person this will be the biggest adjustment to make…if you can get over it, which we did easily, there will be only 2 other “major” differences to deal with. We all dropped off luggage at the rooms and met back up at the main bar. The girls decided they wanted to eat…the guys decided they wanted to explore a little. We made it as far as we could go to the right…the nude pool…and it was off with the clothes and into the pool. The pool was pretty crowded as there were three groups in attendance this week, International Delights, Black Swingers Club and Tom’s Trips. The girls finally showed up and it was on!! Within 30 minutes we were doing blenders and body shots and everyone in the pool was wondering who these crazy fuckers were! (I heard some women gasp…they are spilling the Rum Crθme in the pool…wtf?) We brought some of our tattoos and soon had us and many others tatted up with the Hedo Amigo logo…damn I love that job, or at least sharing it with Texas! I went and got the beer pong raft filled and we played a few rounds…we quickly became the center on attention for the rest of the afternoon. What I quickly became was drunk thanks to “First Day Happies”!!! By 7:30 I was passed out on one of the lounge chairs and with a little help made it back to 2211 and was done for the night!! From what I heard it rained most the night and I did not miss much anyway! I give the “Nude Area” a tie between the H2 an H3. The H3 pool IMO was larger and laid out better…not sure how 100 crazy ass Amigos are going to be in the H2 pool all at the same time but I am sure we will figure something out! The beach…hands down H2…something else everyone has all agreed upon. View from pool and beach…giving that to H2…absolutely loved it! Grounds staff….tie! Delroy at H3 was awesome but so is Augustus whom we loved from the get go! Bartenders…this is a tough one but as of now H3 gets the nod. I know Delroy and Scumba are legends….but damn did I love Serena and Calista and will be the thing I will miss most from H3. Delroy was off for the week but I did talked a bit with Scumba and he is a great guy as we hit it off well from the get go! Paulette…not so sure yet, but I have heard some great things about her and will see how it goes in March. I and Serena did not see eye-to-eye at first either but now we are great friends who still keep in touch. Who was a nice surprise was Michelle Dove….great drinks and killer smile!! Nude grill…was very happy with what the cooks at H2 had to offer…very good Jerk Chicken…but they are no John!! Was missing John’s Jerk Nachos, Crab Salad, his attention to detail and smile!

Friday 10/8: Was up at the butt crack of dawn…I have gone to bed at Hedo at 6:00am before, but never woke up this early. That seemed to be the vibe of H2 during this stay for the whole resort…early to bed, early to rise! Headed out to take some video and pictures of the resort to share with all the Amigo Freaks who have never been to H2…which is most of them. The resort is huge (That’s what she said!)!! It took the first two days to have any confidence we were going in the right direction at any one time. But it is beautiful…feels way more tropical than H3 did. H3 to us felt like a hotel that was made to look like it was in Jamaica…H2 looks like a lush garden with buildings in it. This is the second thing that H3 people will have to get used to. It is not a bad thing, just different. KC was in room 1130….the farthest room away from the nude pool and it was quite a hike. Gone are the days if you forgot something, there is no quick run back to the room to get it unless you are in Ocean Front Nude. Make sure to bring a beach bag or backpack and pack everything you will need for the day. After walking the grounds we went down to the Main Dining room to have breakfast around 6:45, as I have never been up this early had no idea we were 45 minutes early. All was good though as they had coffee brewed and we found a table with some of the International Delights organizers and had a great time swapping stories about the different groups. The ID people were awesome and if any of you ever come in March we would be glad to have you! Was first in line for the omelet bar and had our first ever Charlie Omelet. Holy shit…he is a master!! The John of omelets for sure! The breakfast spread was great everyday and I preferred it over H3. The other members of our group started to trickle in and after we ate we went on a rock hunt. After about 30 minutes of digging we found about everyone’s H3 rock except KC’s (which was found a couple days later in minutes by Texas). The rock pile is huge and they were not ginger with any of them. My guess is they were thrown into the back of a dump truck and then dumped in one big pile. But I do appreciate that Super Clubs went to the trouble to do so. Our rock was so badly beaten we had to have it touched up. We decided to make a new one…for all our new upcoming H2 trips. The painter Winston is amazing and more talented than the painter that was at H3. Cali and us then went to our meeting with Kevin Levee, Delano and Nick. H2 management seems very interested in making sure H3 people come and enjoy themselves at H2. I got the take that they are depending on new blood to keep the Hedo party going on for many years to come. Our meeting went great, got everything we asked for the group trip in March…I guess we should have asked for more! Was nice to see Kevin again and truly felt welcomed by him and his staff! We then spent the rest of day at the pool and had a wonderful time. More blenders, body shots, beer pong…added to this trip were koala bears, luge’s and pony rides. Not going to explain those…you need to come in March. Tried the double barrel butt cascade, all I got from that was a great view until my eyes were filled with beer…something to work on in March. It was Conn’s turn to pass out in the lounge chair…unfortunately for him it was still light and the term “ass face” has a new meaning! We ended the day in the ocean at sunset…got a great picture of drunk, neekid Amigo’s…life was good! We all met at dinner about an hour later…hell ya they were serving Lobster!! I might be a simple man but after two plates of mostly lobster and mac&cheese…and I was in heaven! I was never a big Main Dining Room guy at H3…but the food here seemed to be better! Now I have read a couple trip reports at 4Hedo from some who were there the same time or close and they stated the food sucked. I guess to each their own but I am thinking they must have been at the alternate universe H2 as we were very impressed by all the food at H2…I really have NOTHING to complain about it. We ended the evening dressing up as Rock Stars…and seem to be the only ones doing so! Got up on stage and KC and I made total asses of ourselves trying to imitate Hedo Rick’s dance moves…but had a blast doing so. The Rippen and a Tearing baby! Went to the piano bar where Tom’s Trips DJ was doing karaoke… the Amigo 15 all sung Zac Browns “Toes” as that is our groups theme song…Im sure it was hilarious! KC and I then attempted Sublime’s “What I Got”…which I am sure totally sucked! Headed to the disco around midnight…which was completely empty except for us…really? Did a couple waterslide runs and called it a night! What a great fucking day!
    Saturday 10/9: Woke up not so early but early for us. Plenty of time to have one of Charlie’s little plates of heaven! Cali and my half were still tired/hung over and decided for an after breakfast nap. As it was fairly overcast I grabbed the laptop and headed to the nude beach for some relaxing myself. Got one of the umbrella tables, ordered a tray of Dirty Banana’s…yes ordered as they had servers down on the beach…nice! Spent some time catching up with what was going on in the world. Soon the Canada Threesome joined me, followed by Texas, KC, 1/2 of Conn and finally the sleepy heads. We all just chilled around the tables for 3-4 hours…totally laid back and different from a normal Hedo day of drunken debauchery of the nude pool. It was nice and had a great time just bullshitting with my Amigos! The overcast skies turned to showers and we decided to go off property and check out Negril some. Met up at the lobby and arranged for transportation ourselves…which in theory saved us lots of money. I say in theory as we got pretty drunk and tipped our driver a lot…but he was worth it. First stop was 3 Dives Jerk…I have read about 3 Dives and seen it in 3 Sheets so I definitely wanted to check it out. All I can say is WOW!! It took an hour and a half to cook for the 11 of us, this is not a restaurant which preps food, they get customers, and they cook. The food was well worth the wait. We had great fun throwing back Red Stripes and taking pictures as we waited…I think we even caused an accident as the girls had their tops up posing for one of the many photos that were taken that day. I had thought the night before the lobster was good…but 3 Dives Jerk Lobster is out of this world and for that matter so is there chicken! Would recommend the place to anyone and you better believe the Amigos will have a group trip come March. The plan was to do Ricks next but it was already dark so off to Margaritaville we went. This was the last JBM’s to see in Jamaica and I think the best. There were only 4 customers so they were really happy to see us! We went to the beach bar which is literally 10 yards from the ocean. They gave us all a shot of Tequila for free…an old trick to get customers a little open with their wallets; obviously they had no idea we cleaned 3 Dives out of Red Stripe. The girls from Texas, KC and Canada went to the water’s edge as we were ordering drinks…next thing I know they were getting naked!! Now the staff there was having a blast as were we but I guess it only takes one asshole security guard to fuck things up. Maybe it was because we were not interest in the coke he was selling but he got all bent out of shape at the site of some boobies! Long story short we were kicked out after 20 minutes…fuck em, there loss! We had 9:00 reservation at Martino’s so we needed to get back to H2 anyway! Martino’s was good…but I seemed to prefer H3’s better. Maybe it was because we were all still full from 3 Dives and tired so I will not give a full judgment till we return in March. It was a long fun day and we decided to turn in….it was only 11:00, damn I must be getting old!

Sunday 10/10: The rain that had started the day before had hunkered down and stayed the whole day on Sunday. But it was the last day and we were not going to let that bother us. After another fantastic omelet we all headed to the nude pool and played in the rain. Sticky Nicky and Melody came down and we played some Bocce Ball with them that was fun, then it was nothing but more beer pong, blenders, luge’s and koala bears for the rest of the afternoon! Wife and I were invited to a wedding from some people we had met and did that at 4:00. Was fun to go see them get married, how nervous the groom was when the bride was late and then to drink champagne and eat cake with them. The reception was in the backroom of the piano bar, there are some really neat photos in that room of Hedo Guests from years past! The 1980’s at H2 looks like it would have been a lot of fun! Headed back to the nude pool and stayed again till dark…holy shit that was my problem, not one day did we take the afternoon nap! Dressed up for School Girl and headed to dinner. We all were about the only ones who dressed in the resort theme…ID were doing Pirate that night and the BSC were dressed as Cowboys and Indians. Dinner in the main room was again great, had the pasta bar and some ribs that were very tasty! Went to the Disco and again no one was there…that shit will change in March I can tell you that! It was almost midnight; we had been rode hard and put away wet from the long day in the rain…and called it a night!

Monday 10/11: Was time to go home, 4 days was not enough but that is all we could do. This was the first time ever we went twice in one year and I could definitely get used to that. We all got 2 free nights before leaving…one for Sunday’s rain and another for finding our rock. Travel home was uneventful and before we knew it the “four days had flew by like a drunk Friday night!”

So…bottom line is we had a blast and cannot wait to go back with the Amigos in March. H2 is beautiful and Negril IMO is the best place on the island. Yes there are some differences, some that we like more at H2 and some that we will miss from H3. But it is what it is…H3 is now the Stupid Fun Resort and Negril is our new home. Hedo is a lot of different things to different people. To me it is a place where you party like a rock star, dress up like it is naughty Halloween every night and as a super bonus get to do most of it neekid which makes for a highly charged sexual environment! It is a reality that is not possible in our everyday lives and a vacation where you can distance yourself…from yourself and do things that you would not normally do. I have friends from Hedo that I have only known for days that I feel closer too than people I have known for years. Hedo is that special! So the physical property will not make or break a trip…it is all about the people. So that being said I am not going to gauge or stereotype H2 cliental from being there for just four days…but I did get the sense from the H3 EC’s, heard more than once, that they cannot wait for more H3 people to join the party and perk things up a bit as they were a bit board. The dynamic at H2 will change over the next year as the H3 people start to show up and start to bring what their version of Hedo is…and I believe that is a good thing…the best of both worlds. So that is the last thing H3 people will have to get used to…a different vibe! Fortunately for me, that is something I will not have to worry about, as I am going with 100+ crazy fuckers who know how to roll…how to burn it to the ground! In the end all I need is my toes in the water and my ass in the sand, not a worry in the world and a cold drink in my….with all my freaks!!

So if you are H3 people and want to break you H2 cherry or a H2 Vet who wants to party with an outrageously fun group; our dates for 2011 are March 26th to April 2nd. We have lots of fun activities planned for the week and as a added bonus if you book with Wild Women Vacations, as most of the Amigos do, you will be able to join in all their events too. It is going to be one great week!

Last edited by Face Down; 10-30-2010 at 12:46 PM.

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

Great trip report. Fun and informative. Thanks for taking me home for a little while.

I don't remember it happening like that at all! LOL

I don't remember either...but I have the pics to fill in the blanks. Payback is a BITCH Fuckers!!!

Shit...I left out the real embarrassing parts too! I can add more to it if you all want!

2018 HEDO AMIGOS APRIL
    April 14-21 2017

Great report!!!! Cant wait for march!

Quote Originally Posted by Face Down View Post
    Shit...I left out the real embarrassing parts too! I can add more to it if you all want!
    YES!! Please do!! 3:-)

Nice read... THANKS!!!
    "It's not a party 'til somebody gets naked!"
    HII July 14-24, 2011
    http://www.unwindtravel.com/fluff11info.html

Great Report

Great report Jeff. It's funny how a person can make a five day vacation turn into a memory that will last a lifetime. We agree with all you said about the resort. That was our experience as well when the JWST was there just two weeks before you.

I've read it before...but loved it just as much the 2nd time!! Counting down the days until Amigo week...
    xoxo

can not wait

I have just re read trip report. DIF is hitting hard for me right now *L* Anyone else getting back after your trip I hope will fill us in on if Serena has moved over or John as I hear the ol place is flopping big time so far.. yes, I know it has not had much time but the info is fresh from a recent chat with one who keeps contacts there.

[QUOTE=Face Down;116254]I might be a simple man but after two plates of mostly lobster and mac&cheese…and I was in heaven! I was never a big Main Dining Room guy at H3…but the food here seemed to be better! Now I have read a couple trip reports at 4Hedo from some who were there the same time or close and they stated the food sucked. I guess to each their own but I am thinking they must have been at the alternate universe H2 as we were very impressed by all the food at H2…I really have NOTHING to complain about it.

I never got the pleasure of visiting H3, but if you were impressed with any meal in the dining room other than breakfast...all I can say is WOW. The food at H3 must have sucked very bad and maybe I am thankful I didn't get there. The H2 dining room has gone way down hill over the last 5 years. Each trip, each year is more and more obvious of a slide. And I am not a picky eater! BUt the rest of the resort is so great to me that we keep going back year after year!