Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music in the disco?

Music in the disco?

So, my lovely and I are taking our maiden voyage to hedo on dec 5th. And ya see, we just so happen to be the dancin' types. That being said, everything I've read pretty much says the music in the disco is awful. Is it really that bad? And if it is in fact absolutely un-danceable, would I be able to convince someone to play a cd I had brought with me?

Thanks in advance,
    Tabby

We love to dance and I think the reports you heard were grossly exaggerated.
    lizzie and jesse

I've been to Hedo at times when the disco is hopping and there's hardly any room on the dance floor, and at other times when the disco is like a ghost town. I think it depends on the groups there and the energy/vibe at the time.

During our last visit the music in the disco was mainly hip hop, reggae and some trance/dance which most people there at the time seemed to enjoy.

For sure alot of reggae/typical Club music mixes...you won't find golden oldies!
    Highly doubt if they'd play your CD without knowing whats on it as most DJ's consider themselves "Artists" and will play what they want!
    Sabina and Scott
    NEW YEARS EVE H2
    Dec.27 to Jan.5th 2019

12th Anniversary New Years Like No Other!!

It's only Hard Core when YOU'RE not doing it!!!

You can usually ask the DJ for whatever you'd like and he'll be glad to oblige.

Chris

Yea, if you're a Golden Oldies fan, you are not going to like the Disco, hence the name Disco.... You'll enjoy the Piano bar, and few drinks and MAYBE the late night Hot-tub.

The 3 times we've been, we've enjoyed the Disco, the music is fine, what club "always" plays your favorite music all the time............ like someone said, depends on the Groups that are there, time of evening (read night) and otherwise, those reports are B.S.

Regards !

I agree. I LOVE to dance, and generally speaking, enjoy the disco. There are times that they play music that I don't like quite as much (and just as Islandheart says, what club plays your favorites all the time), but that's just an opportunity to visit the bar! What I didn't like about the disco is that last April, the AC didn't seem to work so well in there and it was really hot (even with no one in there) and kinda smelly! That kind of killed my urge to dance.
    "Are you feeling Hedo's Mojo yet?"

Hedonism II, April 21-28 2012

mo@hedomojo.com

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vorpalqueen View Post
    So, my lovely and I are taking our maiden voyage to hedo on dec 5th. And ya see, we just so happen to be the dancin' types. That being said, everything I've read pretty much says the music in the disco is awful. Is it really that bad? And if it is in fact absolutely un-danceable, would I be able to convince someone to play a cd I had brought with me?

Thanks in advance,
    Tabby
    It's not "undanceable" at all, but it is usually hot as others have said. It's always been like that. Sometimes there is also a musty smell, but that doesn;t stop people from having a good time.
    8/9/11 to 8/21/11 SOON COME, BUT NOT SOON ENOUGH!!! Kitten & Angel's Spring Fling 4/5/12 to 4/14/12

Last December it was Black Eyed Peas "I got a feelin'" and stuff like that which seemed to get most people up on the dancefloor, I bet that this year it will be No Speak Americano

Or something by Timbaland? Morning After Dark would work for Hedo!

Besides the crappy ac of the last couple years, the DJ has done a poor job of gauging the crowd. It seems that when the music isn't working for the crowd, it doesn't get changed in any sort of timely manner, so people leave. When the music is good and keeps the crowd going, they don't stick with it.

I'm convinced the DJ just wants to run the crowd off so they can put the booth on autopilot and call it a night. They ought to just plan to close up at 3AM instead, but no early quits for the DJ even if everyones left. Maybe then they'd be interested in keeping the crowd going to avoid their own personal boredom.

Jukebox

Strange thing. I just finished posting about this same problem on another website. My idea for a fix is a digital Jukebox. Fill it with all different types of music and then the people that are there can play what they want to here. If you ad a usb port to it people can download music from there ipod's. Simple solution, no DJ playing what "he" wants to here, no music playing that no one in the room recognizes or likes, eveyone gets a shot to hear at least something they like and want.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore View Post
    I guess I'll leave my Wayne Newton CD at home.....
    Yeah...and I was going to bring some toe-tapping barbershop quartet CD's. I guess I'll save them for a more sophisticated crowd.

we have been to Hedo 2, 5 times, and always danced in the disco no matter what the music, but then again you may see us dancing on the sidewalk to the sounds of the tree frogs ;>} Its all about the mood!!!
    critter2
    Delroy's,last trip was Nov.22nd-26th 2013 and then Cliffside Nov.27th-Dec.2nd. Next trip Nov.21-22nd White Sands,Nov23rd-30th Delroys!!
    Bill N Donna

Wow, lol. Golden oldies... I'm 26 and I might very well have a love for Frank Sinatra matched by none other, but the fact of the matter is I love industrial music. Or heavy drum and bass, maybe even a little house music. My concern isn't that the music will be to heavy, but not heavy enough. Lol. But with a dew drinks in me I'm sure I can dance to damn near anything. And if I hate it that much, I'm not above putting on my iPod and going to have my very own dance party on the beach.

21 more days to go. If you're going to be there at the same time, look for the girl in the big black boots stomping around to the music in her head and bring her a drink. <3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast