Thread: Facebook Problems

Facebook Problems

The following was originally posted in a different forum, but I felt better to reply here. The original message:

Quote Originally Posted by sexylady
    WHo can help? A few days back I clicked facebook like on this forum. Since email is different for both accounts - I thot nothing of it. I now see that it has got permanently implanted in my profile as recent activity, causing my social circle immense embarassment, so much so that I had to deactivate my facebook. I have spent hours trying to remove it but it would not go away. I have even tried liking something - and then unliking it, which has worked. but this has no unlike. I am sure someone there knows what to do. Thanks.
    We were actually quite surprised to see the new Facebook Connect button on this site. Due to the nature of the site, which seem to be confirmed by comments we read here, I think it safe to assume that most people maintain a different set of social contacts for Hedo type activities and the rest of their life. Many maintain different personas for work and personal. So to put a link in that made it so simple to link this social group to Facebook (personal and work space for most), was a bit of a shock.

Personal recommendation - remove the Facebook Connect functionality from this site - the drawbacks outweigh the benefits that only a very few are apt to want to make use of. I think that sexylady's experiences here are likely more the norm than the exception.

With that said, We've stayed clear of the new function here. As they say, once the genie is out of the bottle, you can't really go completely back. If anyone wants to link to their Facebook page, a simple copy and paste of the URL into Facebook usually works, and requires nothing more.

I'm not sure what the connection is - some Facebook utilities actually install a remote application. If this is the case you can manage these through Account -> Privacy Settings -> Applications & Websites. If it is hooking into the Facebook Friends, then perhaps through your profile page you can edit - not sure as we've been careful not to let anything hook into this.

Perhaps someone with a bit more Facebook experience can suggest more appropriate actions....

Hedo II, Negril. Anywhere else does not matter
    Blog Entries
    Thank you. You are abs right. I hope the forum mod will do the needful quickest. I have tried everything including clicking new likes and successfully removing them. But this one wont go away. Todays laptops are so sensitive- if the cursor hovers over a link for a few secs-they take it as a click. My problem may be solved if the FB is delinked. Otherwise will have to commmit FB suicide and start a new profile. Thanks

At the very least clicking on facebook Like or Link should give you a "You really really sure you want to do this? Y/N" prompt.

Sadly, Facebook is rapidly becoming the pariah of social networking in the amount of privacy leaks or outright selling of privacy information. Sexylady's experience shows why Facebook should never be used for anything that you wouldn't show your parents, children, or pastor. Not to rub salt in wounds, but there are now 3rd party HR firms that make a business of combing through social networking sites for information about current / prospective employees.

Facebook & similar sites are useful tools, but the amount of info that they give away about someone is in our opinion not worth the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by sexylady View Post
    Thank you. You are abs right. I hope the forum mod will do the needful quickest. I have tried everything including clicking new likes and successfully removing them. But this one wont go away. Todays laptops are so sensitive- if the cursor hovers over a link for a few secs-they take it as a click. My problem may be solved if the FB is delinked. Otherwise will have to commmit FB suicide and start a new profile. Thanks
    According to the FB FAQ, "You can unlike a piece of content or a Page on Facebook.
    ■To unlike a piece of content that you or a friend has posted, just click the "Unlike" link that appears beneath the content itself.
    ■To unlike a Page (which will also remove it from your profile), go directly to the Page and click the "Unlike" link in the lower left-hand column.
    /help/?faq=13945"

Have you tried this? To be specific, go to your FB Profile page. On the left hand side, a ways down, you should see your Likes. If you click on any that you want to get rid of, it should take you to that FB page. You can then Unlike it, again on the left side toward the bottom of the page. If you have and it hasn't worked, I'd contact FB Help. That's where your issue lies.
    Last edited by A & K; 10-18-2010 at 06:46 PM.
    Been to Hedo III twice, met some great people and had a lot of fun.
    Now trying Hedo II, booked with WWV for Jan 29 - Feb 5/ 11

Thousands of people already list Hedonism II in their facebook profile (I checked). Prior to implementing the facebook button I issued a warning about it for those who want to keep their lives separate.

I can't justify getting rid of functionality thousands of people might like and want to use (especially considering Facebook's massive reach).

Just remember, if you don't want to share, don't use it.
    Chris
    Site Administrator
    AdultTravelForum - |The Naked Truth about Hedonism II|Slut Wear|Site Themed Clothing

Quote Originally Posted by sexylady View Post
    You poor thing! So sorry that happen!! I told my husband to stay clear of the "like" button! Makes no sense to me why it is on this site! Maybe we can find a way to get it taken off! Idk?

Might be a good time to create a safety valve facebook account and log into it when surfing so an accidental click brings up the calliope facebook profile instead of the one shared with family and coworkers

Tell you what I'll do.

I'll keep the facebook connect button at the top, because it takes like 3 clicks to do it and you won't do it accidentially.

I'll see about removing the "like" button though which could get an accidental click.
    Chris
    Site Administrator
    AdultTravelForum - |The Naked Truth about Hedonism II|Slut Wear|Site Themed Clothing

Thanks Chris!

I clicked like on FB for HIII one night when I had a few drinks and I had a "I don't care who knows" attitude. I have hade a few people comment on it and I just tell them that after going to hedo My hubby and I have grown closer and value each other so much more....they look at me in awwww... and they wish they could get their other half to go...
    We live in a very small town (1500 people) and a large population of Morman. We have realized after only 2 times of going if they don't like it then OH WELL... Both our parents know and all of our friends do too. Most people that have made comments to us are proud of us for "JUST DOING IT" because they don't have the guts. They want to but are too afraid of what the repracutions are.

I have learned to NOT be ashamed of what we do one week a year..I do understand that there are some out there that they have to keep it a secret.... Wish it wasn't that way....

Rock out with your cock out!!!
    Jam out with you clam out!!!
    Black out with your rack out!!!:

okay, the like buttons are gone
    Chris
    Site Administrator